PDA

View Full Version : Help! How do I return to Game OS from Linux?

steve-b
April 5th, 2007, 17:41
yeah..title says it all.

I know I can hold the power button in for 5 seconds, but this resets the PS3 to factory settings.

It says in the guide 'type in boot-game-os at the kboot prompt'

So, how the hell do I get to the kboot prompt? I tried using a regular terminal window, but that didn't work.

Any ideas out there?

EDIT: I got it. the command 'boot-game-os' is not in the users path. It resides within /sbin, not /bin or /usr/bin. you need to add /sbin to your path or type out the full path to the command: /sbin/boot-game-os

mnuhaily22
April 7th, 2007, 18:45
I'm glad you solved your problem, and I dont think holding for five secounds restores factory settings, I think its just like when you hold your PSP for five secounds when it freezes...

steve-b
April 9th, 2007, 08:23
It makes you reinstall the boot loader if you hold power down for 5 seconds, according to the guide.

Triv1um
April 9th, 2007, 12:18
Im running fedora core 6, and all you need to type is 'boot-game-os' in the terminal.

You can make a launcher on the desktop for it too.

steve-b
April 9th, 2007, 12:30
how do you find fedora? I'm unimpressed with the performance of YDL

F9zDark
April 16th, 2007, 04:25
It makes you reinstall the boot loader if you hold power down for 5 seconds, according to the guide.

The guide is wrong in that department. I use hold power for 5 seconds all the time. It only reboots the PS3 with PS3 as the Default OS. Nothing more.