PDA

View Full Version : V1.0 firmware

theb00g1em4n
May 12th, 2005, 17:52
I dont know if it's just me or is everyone getting i little tired of hearing about all the stuff thats being done for v1 firmware, not being funny 99% of us have the 1.5 and being told new stuff is being done for the the v1 is about as mush of a kick in the teeth and Jim Bowen on bullseye saying "Look at what you could have won" after the people lost

aseddon130
May 12th, 2005, 19:26
aint that the truth, it will be a matter of time before 1.5 is cracked, but untill then we can at least gather a list of the stuff we can expect to play on (whilst 1.0 ppl lap it up) ... you can tell Sony are sweating a little bit, theyve released a 1.51 patch (which i shall not be upgrading to) so, like i say ... its only a matter of time :D

SchmuckofNI
May 12th, 2005, 19:31
I could care less. There isn't anything that I want on the psp thats homebrewn related. Not yet at least. Patience is a virtue, for right now just play the commercial games that we have.

leggy
May 12th, 2005, 21:35
I never upgraded from 1.0 :D

TheGameMen
May 12th, 2005, 21:39
i was that stupid to update from 1.0 to 1.5 :@

Onetonbullet
May 12th, 2005, 21:39
Aseddon is right. It's only a matter of time. (With the way things are going very little time.)

Spark
May 12th, 2005, 23:39
The sheer fact that 1.51 exists suggests that they're attempting to fill virtually every loophole in the software, it also points towards the European consoles being tough little sons of bitches when they hit stores in a few month's time. They did the exact same thing with the first edition PS2's.

Nothing is uncrackable though, and things do seem to be happening somewhat quickly on this scene, remember that with the Dreamcast, it took a year and a half for anything to surface, but when it did, what an exploit it was.

quzar
May 13th, 2005, 02:13
The sheer fact that 1.51 exists suggests that they're attempting to fill virtually every loophole in the software, it also points towards the European consoles being tough little sons of bitches when they hit stores in a few month's time. They did the exact same thing with the first edition PS2's.

Nothing is uncrackable though, and things do seem to be happening somewhat quickly on this scene, remember that with the Dreamcast, it took a year and a half for anything to surface, but when it did, what an exploit it was.

1) not it isnt. they released 1.5 before any real effort was put into cracking the platform. why should they not continue to have improved versions if they can?

2) what happened with the dreamcast was that there were two commercial products that showed that software could be run off CDs, then a demo for the system just so happened to run off CD as opposed to GD. It was stolen, Utopia was made, and the rest (actually, all of it) is history.

oh, and although not completely uncrackable, think about B!DC. That has yet to be cracked.

kingofpsp
May 13th, 2005, 02:29
quzar u put me to thinking i hope some one can make dc emu theres lots of gamesi would like to play again like shenmue that was the game also silver arnt thous some bad a** games

r3v3rb
May 13th, 2005, 22:21
2) what happened with the dreamcast was that there were two commercial products that showed that software could be run off CDs, then a demo for the system just so happened to run off CD as opposed to GD. It was stolen, Utopia was made, and the rest (actually, all of it) is history.

Lets not forget - it also slowly killed a very capable system. mine is still getting used today. but where can i get new games for it now - thanks warezors...

;)

Spark
May 15th, 2005, 00:37
That didn't kill it, although it may have contributed, particularly with a particular release of Shenmue by Kalisto, a game which Sega had put a lot of stock into.

Piracy didn't kill the PSX, in fact the PSX flourished on it, and it wouldn't kill the PSP either.

psplover
May 15th, 2005, 03:39
No system dies to piracy. People who download things are people who werent' gonna buy the games anyways. My friend has copy of MetalGearAcid download already yet today went out and bought it. You know why because he wanted the game. Just because warez are their it doesnt effect peoples sales. I wouldnt even consider buy any music if I didnt download it first. Plus the fact I hate almost all english music too :S

quzar
May 15th, 2005, 04:11
No system dies to piracy. People who download things are people who werent' gonna buy the games anyways. My friend has copy of MetalGearAcid download already yet today went out and bought it. You know why because he wanted the game. Just because warez are their it doesnt effect peoples sales. I wouldnt even consider buy any music if I didnt download it first. Plus the fact I hate almost all english music too :S

there is a certain amount that would have bought the game otherwise. although its probably not even 50%, considering the amount of warezers, it makes a dent.

psplover
May 15th, 2005, 04:38
I've warezed alot(not braggin) but, i've never warezed anything I wanted in the first place. Also sometimes I warez stuff and end up liking it and buying it. Example being grandia 2.

quzar
May 15th, 2005, 06:26
like i said, a certain amount.