PDA

View Full Version : possible sega cd on psp

g00gy
April 6th, 2007, 20:29
I have come to realize there is a possibility to create a segacd emulator on psp.

fact: PSP is stronger GP2X
fact: GP2X runs sega cd fullspeed(snatcher ;))

so there is a possibility that the psp can emulate Segacd just think how cool that will be.

JKKDARK
April 6th, 2007, 22:48
GP2X is actually better for emulation. Tell me why there's a good homebrew PSX emulator for GP2X and not for PSP.

gunntims0103
April 6th, 2007, 22:57
good point^

But the GP2X is open source and all hardware specification are avalible. The PSP is not open source, also psx on PSP is full speed and better than GP2X's psx emulator. Reason being is that Sony has full access to the PSP's specifications.

I think a sega cd emulator on the PSP is definitly possible.

JKKDARK
April 6th, 2007, 23:03
also psx on PSP is full speed and better than GP2X's psx emulator.

I was saying a homebrew PSX emulator. Not an emulator made by Sony.

gunntims0103
April 6th, 2007, 23:08
I was saying a homebrew PSX emulator. Not an emulator made by Sony.

good point, but even so if the PSP were open source like the GP2X with the same dev librarys. A homebrew coder could create a psx emulator that runs just as well as the GP2X's psx emulator.

wolfpack
April 6th, 2007, 23:35
i agree, segacd emulation IS possible but will most likely be slow at first (like the daedalus) but then eventually coding over time it should get faster. I think theres a couple of coders that if they teamed up they could do it *cough*zx*cough*zion*coughcough*

gunntims0103
April 6th, 2007, 23:51
If quzar has a PSP maybe he would consider taking on the task?

Triv1um
April 6th, 2007, 23:56
How much money has he made for it gunntims?

Is he nearly there?

gunntims0103
April 7th, 2007, 00:04
How much money has he made for it gunntims?

Is he nearly there?

Im not to sure, i think the only person who donated was malksta, which is unfortunate because i know quzar could do some great things. If someone would just donate a spare homebrew compatible psp. It would make things so much easier. I would do it, but i don't have a spare :(

Triv1um
April 7th, 2007, 00:52
Well i would but im only like 15 so no paypal account for me :)

Solid_Snake1337
April 7th, 2007, 20:17
I have come to realize there is a possibility to create a segacd emulator on psp.

fact: PSP is stronger GP2X
fact: GP2X runs sega cd fullspeed(snatcher ;))

so there is a possibility that the psp can emulate Segacd just think how cool that will be.

yes, you can put a sega cd emu on a psp emulator.
the psp can also emulate the gamboy and GBA and hell, you put put pictures on yer emulator as well!

wat will the world think of next?