PDA

View Full Version : I know this cant be ported, but I have an idea

ganonbanned
April 6th, 2007, 21:38
:)

someone should make a 3rd-person stealth multiplayer game similar to gears of war. that would be sweet. I know you cant port GOW, but you could make a game like it.

I put it here because I didnt know where else to put it.

ron
April 8th, 2007, 00:01
With actual development tools a game like GOW is more than impossible for DC.

There are lots of 1st and 3rd shooter games for DC, you should begin having fun with them.

Bye

Elven6
April 8th, 2007, 02:39

There are lots of 1st and 3rd shooter games for DC, you should begin having fun with them.

Bye

Because Futureshop or what ever still carry em right? Some people don't have access to those type of games so they rely on homebrew and stuff. Well try commercial ports of Wolfenstein and stuff, available in the downloads section.

ShoShoKid
April 8th, 2007, 07:15

Bye

I wouldn't call it impossible. Obviously achieving something with the same level of detail is, yes, but something similar with much less graphical detail could be done on the Dreamcast hardware.

Where would we get a team of people to do such a thing is where the problem occurs.

Elven6
April 8th, 2007, 20:07
But I don't think their is a 3d engine out that can do that.

wolfpack
April 8th, 2007, 21:02
he doesnt care about the 3d engine, what hes trying to say is make a game SIMILAR to gears of war, not graphically but gameplay wise in 3rd person, and action packed. forget about the fu.cking graphics, go for the gameplay.

mike-piercey
April 8th, 2007, 21:10
is it possible to do that?

mike-piercey
April 8th, 2007, 21:12
wat are red and green dots 4

mesosade
April 9th, 2007, 10:09
wat are red and green dots 4

first of all that's off topic post in the ummm...off topic thread

secondly don't double post edit your posts

oh and they're rep green dots mean thier loved and red dots mean that they're hated or your gold line :eek:

Cap'n 1time
April 9th, 2007, 17:03
Almost anything is possible with the right programmer, but the DC sadly has its limits. You probably arnt going to see ragdolls and the crazy specular passes that make GOW so cool, but certainly A game with similar gameplay could be created using either an existing engine or something from scratch. Will that ever happen? Probably not.

Elven6
April 9th, 2007, 20:12
Well the DC could do something visually appealing, better then the PSP so it gives us some hope.