PDA

View Full Version : How to figure out if your PSP is homebrew-able

Lazychild
April 6th, 2007, 23:10
May i please know how to figure out if my PSP version is "homebrew-able" without opening the box / before buying from retailers?

Thanks

pt9087
April 6th, 2007, 23:28
Hmm i posted a thread a while ago about this... just make sure the letter is below M on the box and non TA-82 is WSxxxx and TA-82 is SSxxxx. Then you can downgrade... it doesnt matter if its TA-82 if its 3.03 or below

Edit: Bad memory!!

Cloudhunter
April 6th, 2007, 23:52
A better way to tell is to just look at the box-codes :) Which just tell you the firmware, as TA-082 doesn't matter anymore.

Here is a link at QJ.NET about the box-codes :)

Determining PSP firmware using box codes (http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-general-psp-42/t-determining-psp-firmware-using-box-codes-september-7-2006-28718.html)

I recommend getting a PSP at 2.80 or lower, as downgrading a 3.03 to 2.81 PSP might prove difficult as an unpatched GTA: LCS UMD can be hard to find.

Cloudy

Lazychild
April 7th, 2007, 00:09
Thank you for your speedy replies. it is greatly appreciated.

gamerremag
April 7th, 2007, 04:53
A better way to tell is to just look at the box-codes :) Which just tell you the firmware, as TA-082 doesn't matter anymore.

Here is a link at QJ.NET about the box-codes :)

Determining PSP firmware using box codes (http://forums.qj.net/f-guides-general-psp-42/t-determining-psp-firmware-using-box-codes-september-7-2006-28718.html)

I recommend getting a PSP at 2.80 or lower, as downgrading a 3.03 to 2.81 PSP might prove difficult as an unpatched GTA: LCS UMD can be hard to find.

Cloudy

uh, i went to a gamestop and found that all three of there copies were unpatched....dont you need the gta game for any version except 2.01 and lower?

iniquitous_beast
April 7th, 2007, 06:27
Actually, you will need the unpatched GTA to downgrade from either 3.03 or 2.80. Lower firmwares can be downgraded without GTA if your psp is not ta-82. Look at the ads on this site, though. You can buy a pre-downgraded 1.50 psp from either play-asia or yes-asia; I don't remember which.

gamerremag
April 7th, 2007, 16:18
actually...im pretty sure i used my friends gta when i donwgraded from 2.6...

Solid_Snake1337
April 7th, 2007, 19:46
Actually, you will need the unpatched GTA to downgrade from either 3.03 or 2.80. Lower firmwares can be downgraded without GTA if your psp is not ta-82. Look at the ads on this site, though. You can buy a pre-downgraded 1.50 psp from either play-asia or yes-asia; I don't remember which.

yea, i think its called play-asia

i ended up buying an already downgraded one, and i think thats wat the name that i bought it form was...

and boxcodes help too when it comes to seeing if its 'homebrew-able'

weirdelf
April 7th, 2007, 19:48

That is incorrect. You can downgrade 2.80 without GTA:LCS