PDA

View Full Version : not sure if i bricked or not...

alne
April 7th, 2007, 03:51
hello everyone,

this is my first post on this forums, but i've been browsing around for a few months learning a lot from everyone.

anyways, i've been on 3.10A' OE for a while now, and today decided that i wanted to downgrade to 3.03 OE C so I could play around with themes and icons etc.

so i grabbed the 3.03 OE C pack from dark alex's site and used the DXAR file that i generated from my initial installation of 3.10 OE A, and everything was going fine I hit X and didn't pay attention, I just remember that it was going through the update process in the red text.

a few minutes later I looked down and saw that the screen had gone black, so i thought to myself maybe it had restarted.

i tried turning it on and all it does is the screen comes on but its just black, but i can see the black light, and the battery light indicator turns on and stays on, and at the beginning the memory light blinks for awhile and stops...

i've tried holding down R and turning it on to get into recovery menu but it doesnt load it, it just does the same, black screen, battery light comes on, memory light blinks for a bit and stops..

i've also hit the brightness button, and tried alternating with battery out, and ac adapter in etc. and no luck..

i dont know what to do, do i need to have the recovery pack on my memory stick, for it to be able to successfully go into recovery menu?

also im guessing maybe that the psp isnt fully turning off when i just pop the battery out and put it back in, and thats why i can't get to recovery menu?

also if ithelps, i can't hear the UMD be accessed when I turn it on.

thanks in advance

also it wont turn off by itself, but if i hold the power button for a while (longer than the usual, like about 10 seconds) it will power off, so i can power it on and it'll stay on, and i can power it down, but holding down R when powering up I dont get to recovery menu...

gunntims0103
April 7th, 2007, 03:56
You must have bricked when you used the 3.03 flasher combined with a 3.10 DXAR. Your suppose to create a new DXAR using the 3.03oe-c update maker.

ICE
April 7th, 2007, 03:58
yep. bad DXAR. if you cant get at recovery you're screwed.

alne
April 7th, 2007, 04:00
darn... what are my options now? undiluted platinum?

it was a white ceramic psp too =\

gunntims0103
April 7th, 2007, 04:09
get a new mobo, or trade in your psp and get another.

alne
April 7th, 2007, 04:11
well i bought my psp from some small shop in new york city so i dont think i can trade it in..

how easy is it to replace the motherboard?

and also for undiluted platinum, once i have that installed, can i flash the original psp nand and take out the modchip and have it working like a normal psp?

froggie22
April 7th, 2007, 08:02
Im bricked aswel but for a different reason. I just brought a UP and am waiting on the delivery. If you get one u may aswel leave it in the psp because it is very hard to install. once it is installed u can reflash the actual psp and if u ever brick the UP u can recovery it using the program on the computer for it and it has a direct cable that from the psp into the computer so that u can recovery it even from a full brick. DaX has made a 3.03 and 3.10 mix up so that u can use the topmenu of 3.03(installd on the UP) and use the gaming side of 3.10(installed on the psp). if you dont wanna use that then it just works like a normal psp but runs of the UP and it u hold L while booting up it switchs to the PSP..

hodgy47
April 7th, 2007, 11:41
Have you tried accessing recovery a long shot i know but worth a try anyway.

alne
April 7th, 2007, 14:26
hey everyone, thanks for all the suggestions...

i pretty much screwed myself over by using the .dxar file from the 3.10 easy installer pack instead of generating my own from the 3.03 oedmaker, so i don't think it was one of those semi-brick situations.. :confused: .

anyhow, i was in luck because a friend of mine had a psp with a cracked screen (airport luggage handlers...), and he had bought a new psp and just had this one lieing around... :o

so around 11 oclock tonight we decided that we could just switch out the mother boards... having no knowledge in what we were getting ourselves into, we went to walmart to get thigns like screwdrivers, soldering iron, tweezers and so forth...:p

turns out you dont need anything but a screw driver and nimble fingers... but basically after about an hour and half of yanking and hammering we ended up figuring it all out and swapped the motherboards out and it works beautifully! piece of cake :D

my ceramic white psp is back in action~! but this whole experience makes me want to tinker a bit more and i'd really like to install a modchip into it, but as far as i know there's only two? psp devolution and undiluted platinum? unfortunately the motherboard i dropped in is a ta*082 motherboard so i dont think i can use either yet... :cool:

ohhh, and btw, since i have a white ceramic psp, and the psp that we took apart for parts was black, i switched out the buttons and the analog stick and what not and it looks really spiffy~ :thumbup:

Haisook
April 7th, 2007, 15:39
Good for you alne,

I also plan on getting a White faceplate for my Black PSP (the faceplate is badly scratched). I also plan on having the black buttons under the white faceplate. I think it would look awesome overall. :D

hodgy47
April 7th, 2007, 15:40
Congratulations pleased your sorted

alne
April 7th, 2007, 15:49
sounds good, the white + black makes for an aesthetically pleasing feel, but be wary though, another friend of mine wanted the same look and purchased a white face plate from ebay, bad news...

it was shoddily made, cheap plastic, a day after the install it was already scratched worse than his original and the cutout areas for the arrows were getting warped.

just a headsup, right now i'm searching around as well for some random items, i saw the acidmods.com psp and looking to try to mod my psp with a few of their ideas (but not anything clear, looks to gaudy in my opinion)...

what i'd like to do is figure out if there's a way to replace that silver lining around the rim of the psp? or perhaps someone makes a custom one, but i'd like to fit it with some blue led's or something so that it glows along the edges =D

and also i'm sure it's been done, but clear buttons with a faint led glow? =P

and yes, thank you for the suggestions and comments... even though i've never posted on any psp forum before, i've been scouring through this board aplenty for the past few months and have gleaned so much info, you guys are a pretty great community =D

mnuhaily22
April 7th, 2007, 16:25
I am so happy for you alne, but could you post a pic of your new and improved PSP:D , you got me curious to see how it looks like:p .

alne
April 8th, 2007, 00:13
thx guys~

well today i've decided to try out this tutorial: http://www.llamma.com/PSP/psp_led_lighted_trigger_buttons.htm

and mix it a bit with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75wO221TIQM

i'm asking some of my college buddies who are a lot better at electronics to help me figure out how to do the sound reactive mod like here: http://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=2959.0

but in about an hour i'm going out to radio shack and getting the necessary equipment to start, hopefully it'll turn out ok and i'll post pics :thumbup: :thumbup:

oh if anyone here has any good guides or tips for the sound reactive mod, please share :rolleyes:

pt9087
April 8th, 2007, 00:55
I noticed you siad about if you need the recovery pack... try it with the recovery files on, if its already been mentioned... i cba to read the other posts.