PDA

View Full Version : gpSP 0.9 on 3.03 OE-A

adidaf
April 7th, 2007, 19:22
Hey guys I kinda need help here regarding my new firmware. I had it 2.71>1.5>3.03 OE-A and now after putting all my files back, I can no longer play my fave gameboy emu, gpSP 0.9. How can I make this emulator work again? And I even tried re-downloading the emu using SeiPSPtool exploit. Sorry guys I'm still kind of nooby I just am lucky I even got my PSP to 3.03 OE-A.

Thanks in advance.

weirdelf
April 7th, 2007, 19:26
Is it the only homebrew that doesn't work?

adidaf
April 7th, 2007, 19:37
I currently only have 3, I guess. gpSP 0.9, DevHook .46, and Snes9x. I really haven't tried the snes emulator yet since I already junk'd it for awhile and I can no longer use my DevHook since I no longer am using 2.71. So the only remaining hbrew I have I guess is gpSP. :(

weirdelf
April 7th, 2007, 19:55
Try this:
Hold the 'r' button while starting up your psp. It should launch recovery mode. Set the game folder kernal to 1.50.

adidaf
April 7th, 2007, 20:05
oh man I got lucky on my first time scrolling through this. Thanks a lot finally it works AGAIN :D BTW, what's kernel? (or kernal? or karnel? whatever)

blaz3d
April 7th, 2007, 20:35
oh man I got lucky on my first time scrolling through this. Thanks a lot finally it works AGAIN :D BTW, what's kernel? (or kernal? or karnel? whatever)

i typed into google "define kernel" and guess what came up!;)

The kernel is the essential center of a computer operating system, the core that provides basic services for all other parts of the operating system. A synonym is nucleus. A kernel can be contrasted with a shell, the outermost part of an operating system that interacts with user commands. Kernel and shell are terms used more frequently in Unix operating systems than in IBM mainframe or Microsoft Windows systems.

In OE's case there are 2 kernels, one is the 1.50 and the other is 3.xx whatever version your on.

Anomic
April 7th, 2007, 20:53
i upped to 3.10 yesterday and had no probs using gpsp so far. I also use homer rin but for zome reason it won't load some pokemon games, and I can't understand why. My question tho is how do I load a cheat in gpsp? When i'm on the cheat menu (cheat slot 1: not loaded) I can go nowhere from there. How should I load one and canm I use gameshark or what ones, if not?

blaz3d
April 7th, 2007, 20:58
theres been a few problems getting cheats to work directly in gpsp. personally what i do is load the rom from memstick using vba on the pc and cheat through that. i think some1 made an automated program to make the cheat lists but i never used it

EDIT: if you search the forums for "gpsp cheat" guess what you find ;)

adidaf
April 7th, 2007, 21:02
OMG it's so complicated but I seem to understand (a little) but thanks anyway

Anomic
April 7th, 2007, 21:05
sweet thanx

Anomic
April 7th, 2007, 21:13
lol tried forum search for gbsp cheat and came up with 0

blaz3d
April 7th, 2007, 21:14
OMG it's so complicated but I seem to understand (a little) but thanks anyway

i gave up! just cheat with vba for pc and load your rom from your psp and save in-game afterwards, it will be as you left it. just dont try and use savestates

Anomic
April 7th, 2007, 21:19
oh yeah the only diff i noticed in the zip files that run and the ones that don't is the os used, the one that works says windows, the one that doesn't says dos. i tried to zip a new one but i don't see any option for that part. And before you even say it lol, yes i tried using just the plain unzipped rom too. it will work in vba and with gbsp but not in homer rin. Reason I want homer rin is because it has a really nice easy way to load cheats and some other extras like cpu speed adjust etc.