PDA

View Full Version : I believe my memstick's freaking out

adidaf
April 7th, 2007, 23:29
Me again.

I just had my PSP (TA-082) downgraded from 2.71 to 1.5 to 3.03 OE-A to 3.03 OE-B. As I was heading for OE-C, I did what others would normally do. Back up files then reformat memstick.

Now, the first time I format'd my memstick when mine was OE-B, the folders that were left would normally be mp_root, psp, music, picture and video.

My internet connection suddenly kinda got slow so I discontinued my pursuit of OE-C and planned to do it later, so I decided to put back my hbrews and stuffs in it.

THe problem is I can no longer click GAME folder in my computer. I can not even move folders back in it. Also the same in SAVEDATA. I had no problem with photos and stuff but hbrew is MUCH more important. Even my ISO is unreadable. I even tried reformatting the memstick twice to test it over but still the same result.

What should I do then? SOS

hodgy47
April 8th, 2007, 00:08
Try formatting it through the pc via usb by right clicking and selecting format if that dont work check the folder attributes to make sure they have'nt gone read only for some reason by right clicking on a folder then properties to see what the attributes are, if not report back to see if we can help some other way.

adidaf
April 8th, 2007, 00:20
It says something like "F:/PSP/GAME refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network.. blah blah"

What the?!

adidaf
April 8th, 2007, 00:24
And if I keep on insisting to enter GAME folder, it opens a new window of My Documents.. weird

adidaf
April 8th, 2007, 00:32
I can't even format it through PC

hodgy47
April 8th, 2007, 00:39
You do have a game folder on psp dont you?, Have you tried a different usb lead, worst case scenario you will have to run recovery back to your custom firmware and try again have you changed anything recently within flash0 like custom stuff

adidaf
April 8th, 2007, 00:45
yes i do have a game folder but it just does not respond. I finally got my psp to format through pc but now everything's gone!! what should i do?

pt9087
April 8th, 2007, 00:48
Plug in ur usb, go to start then run... type "cmd" and it will bring up CP, type CHKDSK f/ X: (X is the letter of your PSP) it will scan for errors.

Edit: nevermind!!... Now format thru the PSP!

Chameleon
April 8th, 2007, 00:50
yes i do have a game folder but it just does not respond. I finally got my psp to format through pc but now everything's gone!! what should i do?

Hopefully you have a backup of your files... if not you gotta start over

hodgy47
April 8th, 2007, 00:52
try to reformat through psp when you format through pc everything will vanish thats the idea it cleans your mem stick completely.

adidaf
April 8th, 2007, 00:57
good news:
i finally got to open game folder by formatting MEMSTICK in pc THEN psp

bad news:
i lost all files, iso's, photo's. My pc froze formatting the MEMSTICK and after restarting it, it was not able to restore the back-up files sheesh i lost everything! I have to re-do everything over again.

adidaf
April 8th, 2007, 00:58
EDIT: OMG for the sake of PS1 emulation ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hodgy47
April 8th, 2007, 01:01
Dude i know its a pain but the problem you had there was not much option you must have had a corrupt mem stick for some reason.

adidaf
April 8th, 2007, 01:14
yeah thanks so much anyway. i feel mildly bad for all the files but id rather choose ithat than bricking. i got my psp now to 3.03 oe-c without much problem. at least everythings back to normal thanks!

hodgy47
April 8th, 2007, 01:25
Dude your welcome just sorry it had be the hard way to fix your problem but like is said there was'nt an alternative but i am pleased your sorted and hopefuly it wont take too long to reinstall all your stuff.