PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live to get MSN messenger

wraggster
April 8th, 2007, 21:55
A leaked video showing some of the upcoming updates to Xbox Live appears to have confirmed that Microsoft plans on integrating MSN messenger into Xbox Live.

There's an Xbox 360 spring dashboard update coming Monday, May 7 that will feature MSN messenger according to leaked info doing the rounds. There will also be improved downloading features and a dedicated Marketplace tab.

There's also tweaks to how achievements are displayed; pop-up messages will now list the short name of the achievement unlocked as well as the number of points earned - so you won't have to keep tapping the guide button in future.

Microsoft has yet to officially revealed details of the spring XBL update, but if you've seen the movie on YouTube, you'll be in no doubt it's all true.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=161565)

MasterChafed
April 9th, 2007, 02:18
This is awesome, now all i need is Internet Explorer and my computer will be pretty much obsolete. Now I just have to find my old USB keyboard.

wolfpack
April 9th, 2007, 02:40
kinda pointless (for me anyways) since my xbox is right ACROSS from my computer so if msn messenger makes into live, i wont have any use for it, its a good idea and good for other people though i wont argue, but im just saying I wont have any use for it :P

briyan
April 9th, 2007, 13:11
aah! i have yahoo messenger!

JKKDARK
April 9th, 2007, 15:31
This is awesome, now all i need is Internet Explorer and my computer will be pretty much obsolete. Now I just have to find my old USB keyboard.

Internet Explorer? That's obsolete already! Get Firefox :)

MasterChafed
April 9th, 2007, 17:42
Actually, firefox was my browser, until recently when it was starting to act really shitty, it kept freezing every 5 or so seconds, then it would continue, but i mean, it would literally freeze, you couldn't close it or anything until it kicked back in, and then you only have 5 seconds before it does it again, to be honest, IE 7 is working better than firefox did when I was using firefox.