PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Homebrew?

JushinLiger
April 9th, 2007, 07:30
Ok, I'm fairly new to the Homebrew scene. I bought an EFA 512Mbit about October time then upgraded to a Supercard SD with Superkey.
I've sussed out all the emulators I needed, and quite happily backed up all my childhood games onto my Supercard.
I want to get the most out of it so what other applications should I download for it? I only want one media-player/OS, so which one do I pick of the avilable?
Also if there any good homebrew available for:-
Tuning a Guitar
Learning Japanese
TV Remote (Universal)
Anything BlueTooth-compatible
Anything else thats worth getting?

Also, this is more an opinion question but, what is the best way to setup the Directories on my Supercard so that it looks nice and tidy? :thumbup:

Thank-you

mesosade
April 9th, 2007, 10:17
learning japanese...well I can't think of homebrew But I suggest buying talkman for that it's VERY good having tried it myself.

for a universal tv remote Look for a program caled irshell on google it has all the details on there...

there was a tuning guitar app on this site by zion but in my opinion it's far too quiet and sounds rather odd.

another fun app would have to be super mario war. it's on the left on the psp site section of dcemu. Also get smashgpsp it's like super smash bros for psp and it's great fun here's a link
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/smashgpsp.shtml

i would suggest www.pspbrew.com for the custom pack maker it has new characters and levels and stuff to go into the game.

or you can download the smash pack on the dcemu page for the extra content

pt9087
April 9th, 2007, 12:58
Wow japanise!! kool, if your wanting to tune a guitar... get yourself Guitar Pro 5!.

DanTheManMS
April 9th, 2007, 23:30
I know there are a couple of Japanese teaching programs on the DS, though I don't know their names. Search the DS News forum for "japanese" to see if you can find them.

The DS has no infared port or anything, so a TV remote is out of the question unless the TV was somehow hooked up to your wireless network. I think the local download play feature of the DS is some sort of Bluetooth, so the technology is probably there, but nobody has figured out how to use it for homebrew.