PDA

View Full Version : custom firmware problems w/ umds

h4s30
April 10th, 2007, 03:32
well i was talkin to my friend the other day and he told me that his bust a move game doesn't work anymore that it goes to the boot screen then shuts off i upgraded him to 3.02 OE its no trouble to downgrade him i just wanted to know if there have been similar troubles

Bruce.Lee
April 10th, 2007, 03:34
You should check if the Fake UMD Region option is on in the settings. Also check the CPU speed settings. I´ve never encountered this problem before, but those are the 2 most likely reasons.

Cloudhunter
April 10th, 2007, 03:46
Fake Region doesn't affect anything... I recommend upgrading to 3.03 OE-C or 3.10 OE-A, to see if it fixes your problem.

Cloudy

o0ooloo0o
April 10th, 2007, 19:31
alright... i have ta-082 psp running 1.5 FW which emulates FW 3.01 on .51 DevhoOk Beta. The thing is, fifty percent of the time when i am exiting a UMD the "please wait..." screen will freeze the psp. Other times, running any UMD will freeze the ps at the white *Ba'DiNg* psp screen that appears when you boot a UMD. When the freezes occure, i have to hard reset the psp. Its straight up 50% of the time... so my Q is is there a way to ensure loading and exiting of UMDs, or at least ways to raise the success rate of said tasks??

darthhaze420
April 10th, 2007, 20:05
alright... i have ta-082 psp running 1.5 FW which emulates FW 3.01 on .51 DevhoOk Beta. The thing is, fifty percent of the time when i am exiting a UMD the "please wait..." screen will freeze the psp. Other times, running any UMD will freeze the ps at the white *Ba'DiNg* psp screen that appears when you boot a UMD. When the freezes occure, i have to hard reset the psp. Its straight up 50% of the time... so my Q is is there a way to ensure loading and exiting of UMDs, or at least ways to raise the success rate of said tasks??

using custom fw is way more reliable i use to use the same dev hook as you on a 1.50 them i upgraded to 3.02oe now i have 3.03oe-c and never looked back it is way better and 100% more reliable + i has the psx emulator built in it and you can customize ur xmb just upgrade to oe you will thank me :thumbup: