PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!

DavidWoth
April 10th, 2007, 16:49
im a noob to ths but heres my prblem i have 3.10 oe-a but my start button wont work (its a hardware problem) so im taking it back to the shop as im not opening it up so i need to get it back to 3.03 as i have gta lcs to do the mod again but when i run recovery of the 1.5 eboot the screen goes black so i need to either upgrade to 3.11 but will it brick? or some how get my recovery working then run the update on my gta vcs umd what are they more likley to do at gamestation refund or send to sony?

jonezybaby
April 10th, 2007, 17:53
if the recovery doesnt work (happened 2 me once) i had a back up of the Flash0 folder and i copied that in and recovery worked fine after

i like shoppin at gamestation, they are more likely 2 replace the psp

pt9087
April 10th, 2007, 18:04
Take it back and say its radged... also if you take a poo in the UMD drive they like that more!

o0ooloo0o
April 10th, 2007, 19:30
alright... i have ta-082 psp running 1.5 FW which emulates FW 3.01 on .51 DevhoOk Beta. The thing is, fifty percent of the time when i am exiting a UMD the "please wait..." screen will freeze the psp. Other times, running any UMD will freeze the ps at the white *Ba'DiNg* psp screen that appears when you boot a UMD. When the freezes occure, i have to hard reset the psp. Its straight up 50% of the time... so my Q is is there a way to ensure loading and exiting of UMDs, or at least ways to raise the success rate of said tasks??

Bruce.Lee
April 10th, 2007, 21:55
If you have 3.10 OE you could use the USB Flash0 access to manually change the files, just make sure you know what youre doing.

And as for DevHook, its just naturally very buggy, it doesnt work with a lot of games. I would suggest 3.10 OE.

DavidWoth
April 11th, 2007, 08:43
thabks these replys help but i am running 3.10 oe-a and i need to put it back to sony firmware i can boot recov mode but when i try to run the 15 eboot the screen goes black so should i just updtae 3.11 or will that brick?

haaroon
April 11th, 2007, 10:51
here david heres how to fix ur problem, i hav uploaded the auto install 3.03 oe-c, just run the file
2.connect USB
3. click install
4. when its finished in ur pc go to psp/game and make a recovery folda
5. now go to psp/game
inside theres a 303oecflasher
open it cut the files dta and eboot
and paste it in psp/game/recovery
now exit usb mode boot up psp in recovery mode
and click run program at psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp
u'll go to 3.03 oe-c and the butto n will be fixed.

DavidWoth
April 11th, 2007, 11:34
here david heres how to fix ur problem, i hav uploaded the auto install 3.03 oe-c, just run the file
2.connect USB
3. click install
4. when its finished in ur pc go to psp/game and make a recovery folda
5. now go to psp/game
inside theres a 303oecflasher
open it cut the files dta and eboot
and paste it in psp/game/recovery
now exit usb mode boot up psp in recovery mode
and click run program at psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp
u'll go to 3.03 oe-c and the butto n will be fixed.

thanks but i know its a hard ware problem as the button moves around alot i have already had 3.03 oe-c and upgraded to fix the program all i want to do is put it back on sony firmware hopefully below 3.03 so they dont suspect ive messed it up when i bring it in.

hodgy47
April 12th, 2007, 00:26
You do have the official 1.50 eboot(renamed UPDATE.PBP) in the recovery folder?

DavidWoth
April 12th, 2007, 09:36
I named eboot.pbp but i might open it up and fix it myself.:thumbup:

hodgy47
April 12th, 2007, 17:21
I named eboot.pbp but i might open it up and fix it myself.:thumbup:

OK thats why recovery isnt working cos you overwrote the original eboot- reinstall the recovery folder with the original one and rename the 1.50 eboot to UPDATE.PBP before you put it in recovery and then place it in recovery folder and run from recovery menu as normal.

DavidWoth
April 13th, 2007, 12:05
Ive finnaly decided i will open it up and fix it myself as i dont want a new one as they have firmware 3.11 so ill fix the old one and also i cant find the reciept.:D

The King
April 13th, 2007, 12:51
wow lol
hope it gets fixed

DavidWoth
April 13th, 2007, 13:47
is this problem common as im pretty sure its hard ware as the start button can be turned around so im hopping it s just popped out of place.:thumbup: