PDA

View Full Version : PSP Assistance Needed

Jammer2omega
April 11th, 2007, 01:33
Ok, I will be straight and to the point.
Me = No idiot.
Me = 3 year of College in computers + 1 year in electronics.

So! ok

I bought a PSP the day it came out so yes PSP - 1001

Three days ago, Downgraded from 3.03... SUCCESS! :thumbup:

Played SNES emu for two days.

Third day Turned PSP off, and put down. Picked up 15 mintues later, Bricked.

Flip Power button, Green light comes on, Nothing else, no screen, no Motor for UMD, no Memory stick light.

Assumption: Bricked.

Have yet to disassemble. Looking at adding in:
http://www.modchipstore.com/Undiluted-Platinum-PSP-Mod-Chip-Fix-Bricked-PSP-with-full-featur-16328.html

Will Unbrick PSPs Only need a flash dump from someone elses PSP.

If anyone can provide one, or assistance on repairs ((ie: Schematics))
It would be Greatly Appreciated!

THANKS!

joshisposer
April 11th, 2007, 02:54
It can't be bricked. You didn't touch the flash at all...
Try taking out the battery and putting it back in.

Wait, u downgraded it...
Just try taking out the battery or something. Or, buy one from ebgames/best buy/gamestop/etc. and then bring back your old one and say you want your money back because this broke. Take a fit if they don't and say you will bring in lawsuit.

xg917
April 11th, 2007, 04:26
yea. um, i think that there was something left in the flash0 after downgrading.. which could have caused it.. not sure what to do

Skateblind
April 11th, 2007, 05:03
if you use Dark Alex's custom firmware, you could hold down ONE of the shoulder buttons when starting the PSP. This will bring up a recovery menu, not sure if it will help, but that's why its there, so you can fix bricked PSP's, potentially...
Remember, will only work if you installed DA's Custom firmware before the bricking happened. I hope you manage to sort it out.

If nothing else works, then mod chips fix bricked PSP's and allow for any firmware and homebrew at the same time. Its also cheaper than buying a another PSP, i think.

Triv1um
April 11th, 2007, 09:43
You can't have bricked while playing snes.

Snes emu's don't have access to flash memory.

I've heard of this problem before.

take battery out, leave it out for a while, put it back in and turn it on.
it CAN'T be a brick.

Jammer2omega
April 11th, 2007, 14:05
Well I will try removing the battery for an extended ammount of time. I do belive there might have been a slight error in my flash.

During the downgrading Process, I had 2.81, which I needed to upgrade to 3.03, I reformated my memory card and I dont remember exactly how, I came across the Blue "Press 0" screen. I did, and when re-naming my PSP, the buttons for the letters did not load correctly. I could enter and select a letter but none showed up. I simply rebooted and everything seemed fine.

I hope its not bricked but all the signs lead me to that.

weirdelf
April 11th, 2007, 14:07
No it really shouldn't be bricked.

Sonicboy 101
April 11th, 2007, 14:11
Unusual...
It can't be bricked, unless you did something with the flash.
Try the battery solution.

Jammer2omega
April 11th, 2007, 14:18
So, your all telling me I just have the most horrible luck then?

weirdelf
April 11th, 2007, 14:33
No, it should work if you leave it for a while.
Bythe way, did you turn your psp completely off or put it on sleep?

Wally
April 11th, 2007, 14:46
IT could be a hardware failiure somewhere

I'd check the battery first (Battery life etc) plug it into the wall. If that fails Leave the battery out as suggested earlier for at least 10 mins, this clears out the CMOS battery blah blah blah (YOu should know all this :P ) might also pay to remove memory stick as well .

Try turning console on, if fails take it back to place of purchase and get a replacement (if possible).

Dont open it unless you absolutely have to.

Good luck,

Wally

Jammer2omega
April 11th, 2007, 14:46
Sleep, I rarely turn off my psp.

hodgy47
April 11th, 2007, 16:56
If you had an error on flash from upgrading or downgrading it would have bricked straight away. Was is originally 2.71 cos you could try pressing the brightness button and i heard that some downgrades from 2.71 when the battery got lower than a certain percentage they dont switch back on so pop it on charge and try later.

Jammer2omega
April 12th, 2007, 03:19
Well, I have tried nearly everything under the sun for my good ol' psp.

I've left the battery out for 14 hours, Just poped it back in and turned it on.... same problem.

Green light stays on for about 30 seconds, no Power On Self Test, ((AKA: no motor, no screen, no other lights)) and just shuts its self off...

It was at 100% charge when it died, so I know the battery is still good!

I've tried it with no memory card or UMD, Tried it with the Power Cord, Tried it with no battery and just the power cord. Cant think of anything else, short of opening it up.

As for buying a new one and returning this one... Ever play something so long? that you kinda get attached to it? well yeah. This is my PSP, I may buy a new one, but This one is gonna be mine for as long as I can keep it.

steve520
April 12th, 2007, 03:30
wow i dont know how it could have bricked if it worked after the downgrade so i have no clue how suddlenly it just bricked thats some crazy stuff and that really sucks

ORGAN
April 12th, 2007, 03:32
You just got a bad psp man. How long did it work after you downgraded ?

hodgy47
April 12th, 2007, 17:51
Sounds like hardware failure if its still under warranty see if you can get it fixed only problem is when sony do warranty work they upgrade your firmware to the latest one (horrible c**ts)

PLZKLLME0080
April 12th, 2007, 18:17
something simaler has happend to me. take out the memory stick then turn it on. see if that works.

Jammer2omega
April 16th, 2007, 01:44
Ok, my psp worked for about 36 hours after the downgrade.

Yes I tried removing the memory stick and booting it.

I have had it since the PSP came out in America... Feb 3rd 2005?

so, 2 years and 2 months?

Also, when plugged into the wall, the red charging light DOES come on, if that makes a difference to anyone?

SnesR0X
April 16th, 2007, 05:33
no, it still means brick..:(