PDA

View Full Version : GBA emu for M3 Simply? somebody knows?

Turtles
April 12th, 2007, 04:59
i bought a m3 simply, and i wanted to know if exists an emulator of gba for m3 simply, and if that is possible?

DanTheManMS
April 12th, 2007, 05:10
It's not possible, sorry. If you wanted GBA compatibility you should have gotten a slot-2 device. There is no emulator, and it's unlikely that there will be a usable one in the future due to the way the GBA works.

However, I believe if you have a DS Lite you can try the EZ-V expansion pack. I think (not entirely sure though) that some people have managed to get it writeable from within an M3 Simply. I would do some research on it beforehand though.

Tikker
April 13th, 2007, 01:30
m3 lite perfect is a good match for your slot1 m3 as well

kcajblue
April 13th, 2007, 08:13
It's not possible, sorry. If you wanted GBA compatibility you should have gotten a slot-2 device. There is no emulator, and it's unlikely that there will be a usable one in the future due to the way the GBA works.

However, I believe if you have a DS Lite you can try the EZ-V expansion pack. I think (not entirely sure though) that some people have managed to get it writeable from within an M3 Simply. I would do some research on it beforehand though.i read somewhere that the expansion pack only works for the ez and nothing else.

DanTheManMS
April 14th, 2007, 00:04
Some homebrew users have been able to get the GBA and Opera RAM functions working from other slot-1 devices, though the Rumble feature is still usable only on the EZ-V. Check the EZ-V Expansion Pack review at http://www.dsdatabase.org/ for some more info.

lemoe
April 14th, 2007, 00:34
i read somewhere that the expansion pack only works for the ez and nothing else.

Im using the ez 3 in 1 expansion pack to play pokemon fire red right now with my R4.....opera works too!

But like dantheman said, rumble sucks atm, but its being worked on.

Bobby Lemain
April 22nd, 2007, 20:00
the gba games use a RAM cart and not a flash cart to store games on requireing a faster chipset to run off of so getting it to work on a M3 simply would take mass DS hardware knolegde to get a usable GBA emulator to run off a slot 1 device. But then again, 2 years after it said it couldn't be done, and a basically playable N64 emulator with sound came out for the PSP so you never know...

Tikker
April 23rd, 2007, 18:40
the bigger issue is more that slot2 will play GBA natively, so there's basically 0 incentive to try and code a GBA emulator for slot1

9foxtails
October 10th, 2007, 01:35
So far the closest thing that ever came to a GB Emu was a GB color Emu thats the farthest I ever seen..rather than that, nuthin..