PDA

View Full Version : Help with Wifi

archangel1024
April 13th, 2007, 00:51
I dropped my psp a few weeks ago and the wifi switch kinda broke off... (I know, abuse >< ) Is there any way to bypass the wifi cards hardware and use wifi, or any way to open it and turn the card on (I've tried, but 2 screws are stuck) anybody got any help for me?

Triv1um
April 13th, 2007, 01:08
Yeah, I would guess you can open it up and switch the lever in there.

The King
April 13th, 2007, 01:11
Yeah, I would guess you can open it up and switch the lever in there.
wat he said thats all i could come up with

pt9087
April 13th, 2007, 01:15
^^ me too sorry hunni i cant help with that!

archangel1024
April 13th, 2007, 16:22
-_-;; thanks, i guess i'll have to force the screws out somehow. Just in case the card is broken, can anybody link to where i can buy a replacement Wi-Fi card? i remember seeing a topic on it a while ago. and thanks guys!

Triv1um
April 13th, 2007, 18:49
Woah, dude, don't force screws out, that can cause many problems.

As for the replacement WiFi card Divineo China is the best bet, they import cheaply etc.

http://www.divineo.cn/cgi-bin/div-cn/psp-wific.html

Im not sure what there like for fitting, but there will be instructions.

EDIT - This is the card like you requested, im not sure if this has the switches etc.

sourced
April 14th, 2007, 05:33
step 1: carefully remove everysingle screw of your psp

step 2: make sure you rub your psp with butter before preforming step 3

step 3: after rubbing your psp with butter, dip it in eggwhites.

step 4: once completely covered in eggwhites, pan fry the psp until golden brown.

step 5: once golden brown, serve with maple syrup and motor oil.

there you have it, how to fix a wifi switch.

and if anyone reading this actually followed those steps...may god have mercy on your poor idiot soul.

ps, dude, you can buy replacement parts over the net. try ebay or amazon, people sell parts for psp's there. also try as what Triv1um said, Divineo China.

The King
April 14th, 2007, 05:40
step 1: carefully remove everysingle screw of your psp

step 2: make sure you rub your psp with butter before preforming step 3

step 3: after rubbing your psp with butter, dip it in eggwhites.

step 4: once completely covered in eggwhites, pan fry the psp until golden brown.

step 5: once golden brown, serve with maple syrup and motor oil.

there you have it, how to fix a wifi switch.

and if anyone reading this actually followed those steps...may god have mercy on your poor idiot soul.

ps, dude, you can buy replacement parts over the net. try ebay or amazon, people sell parts for psp's there. also try as what Triv1um said, Divineo China.
lol classic

sourced
August 7th, 2007, 13:55
lol classic

*takes a bow* :thumbup:

jay641
August 7th, 2007, 15:48
lmfao at sourced

When I took my psp apart the bottom left screw in the battery compartment got stuck, so I ended up having to drill the head off the screw.
Make sure you're using the right sized screwdriver aswell or you'll strip the grooves in the screws.
nothing much else you can do... good luck!