PDA

View Full Version : Shenmue2 vs Virtua Tennis 2

Darksaviour69
May 16th, 2005, 14:31
Shenmue 2 (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/shenmue-ii)

VS

Virtua Tennis 2 (Tennis 2K2) (http://www.mobygames.com/game/dreamcast/tennis_)

Zherae
May 16th, 2005, 14:49
I prefered the originals to both games but I have to go with Shenmue 2.

rcgamer
May 16th, 2005, 15:11
Both games are good, but any game against either shenmue is not a fair match. its just that much better.

Christuserloeser
May 16th, 2005, 15:13
Much harder than I thought - Virtua Tennis 2 is a hell of a good game! I never (again nor before) had that much fun playing tennis - or a pong like game ;D

Yeah, it probably has to be Shenmue 2 ... Shenmue itself has been one of the most influential and revolutionary adventure games of that era - on par with Metal Gear Solid and only a few pixels below Zelda - Ocarina of Time

Darksaviour69
May 16th, 2005, 15:26
i tried to get into Zelda - Ocarina of Time on the gamecube, but i never really got into it, maybe if i played it a bit more

Eric
May 16th, 2005, 16:24
I totally agree with Zherae the original of Virtua Tennis being better not Shenmue though and here are the good reasons. Virtua Tennis was based on the Arcade version and i think its more Arcade Perfect then Virtua Tennis 2 cause Virtua Tennis is more a professional edition and uses actual characters from the real world of Tennis. Virtua Tennis uses names nobody knows. Thats not what makes it better though i found the graphics more original in the first. Controls i do find a hell of a lot better in Virtua Tennis then Virtua Tennis 2. Virtua Tennis is over all better for being Arcade Perfect.

As for Shenmue it only makes sense to make the graphics better and story more interesting so why dont we and thats what happened. Shenmue 2 is alot better and the intro at the beginning made it more like watching a movie. Sega was very smart with Shenmue 2 and if it made its way to North America it could have made Sega a good amount of money.

If anybody finds this post utterly stupid i dont mind

Eric

Cap'n 1time
May 16th, 2005, 16:30
i never played shenmue games because the title makes it sound like some kind of Kungfu Cow game... which normaly i would find cool anyways, virtua tennis!

ptr.exe
May 16th, 2005, 16:52
DS69, you seriously need to play OoT, for some reason its not that great on the GC i dont think the controller is well suited, just pic up for cheap an N64 (£13) and the game (£5) its great once you get into it, say once your older link.

JMD
May 16th, 2005, 18:14
I vote Virtua Tennis 2 but Shenmue 2 is a wonderfull game

john sam
May 18th, 2005, 04:53
Shenmue II: the best game out for dreamcast i just cant wait they say there
my be shenmue III or online i cant wait this game is the S**** but thats my opinion

SiZiOUS
May 18th, 2005, 08:03
Shenmue II too.

Christuserloeser
May 18th, 2005, 13:34
DS69, you seriously need to play OoT, for some reason its not that great on the GC i dont think the controller is well suited, just pic up for cheap an N64 (£13) and the game (£5) its great once you get into it, say once your older link.

You're correct - also the graphics are better on N64. The GC's hi res display makes the graphics look all wrong...

beetroot bertie
May 19th, 2005, 14:09
My vote would go for Virtua Tennis 2. I know Shemue 2 is a great game but it the sort of thing I'll only play through once. Virtua Tennis 2 gets my vote for being simple, addictive fun - great with 3 other players and still offering a long term single player challenge.

Darksaviour69
May 23rd, 2005, 14:38
so shenmue wins, next match

Pavlik
May 31st, 2005, 23:21
Vote for Shenmue 2 (Shm is better but VT2 is longer).

chaos-unleashed
June 2nd, 2005, 19:46
Shenmue all the way man!!

SiZiOUS
June 2nd, 2005, 20:58
You're correct - also the graphics are better on N64. The GC's hi res display makes the graphics look all wrong...
You right i own the Collector Edition (with 2 Zelda NES, 2 Zelda N64), i prefer playing on my real N64. :)