PDA

View Full Version : Game not working

Tahu003
April 13th, 2007, 21:29
So... i just bought a game on ebay, Jet Grind Radio... and I put it in my DC. It starts up and goes to the SEGA screen and then just stops and goes back to the DC menu. I tried my other games to see if they work and they all do. The disc isn't scratched bad, or at least bad enough for it to not work. Is there anything I can do to get it to work?

phrozenwind
April 20th, 2007, 22:06
I'm having this EXACT same problem. I bought JGR used, it's in great condition, and the other seven games I bought work just fine as well.

For good measure, I took JGR to a CD shop today and had it repaired and cleaned (the clerk was confused, he said it looked fine), brought it back, and the same dilemma. The game boots, goes to the SEGA copyright screen, then after a few seconds I'm back at the system menu.

I tried booting it without a VMU inserted, with the Dreamcast on its side, you name it. The game is in the right region, as well (NTSC-U, on a USA Dreamcast).

Someone, please help us! :)

JKKDARK
April 20th, 2007, 23:38
So... i just bought a game on ebay, Jet Grind Radio... and I put it in my DC. It starts up and goes to the SEGA screen and then just stops and goes back to the DC menu. I tried my other games to see if they work and they all do. The disc isn't scratched bad, or at least bad enough for it to not work. Is there anything I can do to get it to work?

if your Dreamcast is not american, try with a boot disc