PDA

View Full Version : PSP version of GTA named

wraggster
May 16th, 2005, 18:53
GTA's PSP debut will be called Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories, according to unconfirmed reports currently winging their way around the web.

A reader of games blog Joystiq apparently managed to access the E3 show floor days before visitors are allowed in (the expo kicks off on Wednesday) and reports that a section of Rockstar's booth houses the words "GTA Liberty City Stories" beneath a PSP logo.

GTA publisher Rockstar has also recently registered libertycitystories.com, which adds credence to the report.

We spoke to a Rockstar representative who seemed to think that the company's E3 presence would solely be behind closed doors, which contradicts the whole booth story. However, our Rockstar contact did reveal that a GTA PSP press release is "due imminently," so expect confirmed details in the very near future.

The PSP version of GTA is expected to be released in the US in the summer. A UK release date is yet to be confirmed

aseddon130
May 16th, 2005, 20:46
cool - at least we have a name, shame there is no Release Date yet

ganon
May 16th, 2005, 21:58
some screenies or videos will be nice

Spark
May 16th, 2005, 22:34
This will be the release to really do it for PSP sales in the West.

Guesses are it will probably hit Europe and America at some time near to the holiday period, and will be the reason that consoles sell out this Christmas.

That's what Sony have arranged with the last 3 GTA games for the PS2, and I can't see this being any different.

aseddon130
May 16th, 2005, 23:02
well this info was taken from the E3 event, so i reckon we'll be seeing some video clips of it soon ... i cant wait ... this one is definately on my 'To Buy' list :D