PDA

View Full Version : more oil on canvas- Wood Duck

dark heart
April 15th, 2007, 02:01
Hi, this probably couldve gone better, but it's hard trying to get the details in wood ducks.
what do you think?

Bruce.Lee
April 15th, 2007, 05:31
Wow you paint quick, nice job. Just wondering, do you paint by hand or do you have a projection?

The King
April 15th, 2007, 05:32
wats wood ducks?

wolfpack
April 15th, 2007, 06:38
the pic doesnt even show for me....

Bruce.Lee
April 15th, 2007, 07:15
Click the link in his sig, its there.

ICE
April 15th, 2007, 07:30
and people say my threads are out of place here... lol j/k its nice. i cant draw/paint at all. im more of a musician.

dark heart
April 16th, 2007, 09:48
Bruce.Lee,
never! what kind of an artist traces?
And I'm practicing with a few small canvases then I'll get a really big one and make it really detailed.
it's wider then i can measure with my hands and almost as tall as me i think, and it's only $60 Aus.

Accordion
April 16th, 2007, 11:50
Bruce.Lee,
never! what kind of an artist traces?

pretty much all of them.

keep it up

i would suggest concentrating on painting your surroundings rather than photos as a better way of improving and learning the paint.

often the most mundane objects are the most difficult to reproduce.

though perhaps reproduction is not always the best path

anyway have fun and enjoy it

dark heart
April 21st, 2007, 02:06
so every artist gets another picture, puts some see through paper on top and follows the lines? i must've missed something.
unless it has another meaning?

and by the way, i didn't copy out of a picture, i went to the lake. The ducks didn't do much so i had to use my imagination.

and also, this is just practice. it's easier to do single objects first before getting into the detailed things.'
so when i think I've gotten good enough i might start trying that. i still need to work on how i use the brush and stuff.