PDA

View Full Version : 24 fenix games compilation

oggy
January 8th, 2005, 17:19
I've made a compilation

This compilation contains 24 fenix games adapted on dreamcast ( almost every games converted so far ) .
All with a little description and screenshot .

Thanks to :

Chui for porting fenix on dreamcast and let us play all this games
Wraggster for his very usefull and complete site : http://www.dcemu.co.uk/
Atari Wraggster Mekaneiser and of course Chui for adapting fenix games on dreamcast .

Also kudos to the original games makers :

Anarchy = new super pang
Carlos Coll Silvera = ark4 + cubomania
Chemaris = antipong
Daniel Evans = Shapeshifter
Daniel Navarro = Castle of dr Malvado
Devilish games = astrochaos + camaleon
***oter0 = Star System + SuperGPB
joanvr = Xenon remake
Jose Manuel Habas Millan = paf
Licantropo = minigolf
moogle = Tetris2
Nazca = Nazcadreams + Nazcatron + Nazca Pertiga 2004 + Nazcasphere
Peter van Dalen = Fish Dish 2 + subhunt
Ryan Johnston = Vegetas Wrath II + The Monkey King
Slainte = FliPull

you can get it in plain files format , nrg iso or cdi

on this page : http://dcreload.free.fr/fichecompilfenix.php

wraggster
January 8th, 2005, 17:30
Nice :)

wraggster
January 8th, 2005, 17:37
Its posted everywhere :)

wraggster
January 8th, 2005, 17:37
Ill mirror the file in a few days once you get a ton of visitors ;)

oggy
January 8th, 2005, 17:43
Ok thanks

I hope that I won't break my bandwith limit :P ;D

Maximo2703
January 8th, 2005, 17:50
im downloading ,and i noticed the nero and discjuggler files have excute extentions ...how come

and is this pack NTSC friendly?

wraggster
January 8th, 2005, 17:51
If Oggy used the Runtime that we have used in the recent releases then its compatible with nTSC

wraggster
January 8th, 2005, 17:54
Some nice new games in that list too :)

DCDayDreamer
January 8th, 2005, 18:01
:)Nice one, as usual I'm slow with the release I've been working on, at last we've got a compilation of games for the site.

Hey Wraggs!, does this mean I can do an exclusive DCEvo version and drop the DCemu url from the credits ;).

wraggster
January 8th, 2005, 18:16
id like to see a mega release of all Fenix games so far for both GP32 and Dreamcast.

obviously ill adapt the gp32 ones for Dreamcast :)

oggy
January 8th, 2005, 18:25
yes, it's made with the latest runtime so 50/60 hz switching is possible

I forgot 2 games in this compilation street fighter pong and rocks ( they are not so good anyway ;D )

And yes it's an autoextractible archive made with the wonderfull and free 7Zip ( better than winrar and free ) since
not so much people use *.7z archive , I used that format .

wraggster
January 8th, 2005, 18:38
Fenix has to be one of the major releases of the year for the Dreamcast scene :)

obelisk
January 8th, 2005, 23:35
Yes, I agree about a great release for the DC for 04, and this complitation is nice... gives me soemthing to play with. where might i tell someone that (b) or (y) reset the dc on xenon, and x reset it on i think nazcadreams. should i post tothe different threads, or ....?? dunno.

Maximo2703
January 9th, 2005, 17:36
okay i found bugs with this release that i think should be brought to attention
-the game evil cats (or whatever its called i forget and its not on the list) doesn't work i get an error message sayin its not compatiable

-super pang i can hear the music and all except i get a black screen and if i press start the only thing i see when the game should be in play in a 1p thing down in the left corner and still rest is black

-that fighting game on their veggita's revenge or something completely doesn't work i went to play it and it went to a blank black screen no music no sound nothing

-lastly that i discovered was flipull the screen flips when you play it like its still in pal mode

just thought i would point those bugs out. In any regard awesome release too bad it wasn't here sooner could of saved me some CDRs lol

wraggster
January 9th, 2005, 17:45
theres going to be a mega release of Fenix games soon with as many as i can on one cd

just need time. ;)

Maximo2703
January 9th, 2005, 21:22
well maybe this info will help for when you make your mega collect wrag so you dont end up having the same bugs in your release

obelisk
January 9th, 2005, 22:03
In NazcaSphere, you just die... you can only shoot out green. Firing green doesn't take care of everything. Is NazcaTron a one level only game? more as i hav time to check and cross verify stuff.

guymelef
January 9th, 2005, 23:46
damn wraggster you are everywhere, carefull man you don't want to jeopordize your health

Maximo2703
January 10th, 2005, 00:48
yeah i noticed that on nazcasphere on before when it was orginally release as well as on this one i figured maybe i just wasn't playin it right lol

Hokutoy
January 10th, 2005, 03:27
I forgot 2 games in this compilation street fighter pongand rocks ( they are not so good anyway ;D )

Ouch!!! :'(
Anyway that was my first game ever in any plataform ;D
Maybe my next fenix game (Dragon Ball Z Legendary Battles) is a little better.
Byes!

oggy
January 10th, 2005, 10:48
hum sorry Hokutoy
:-X

anyway I forgot more than 2
games

There's also Gyruss

And the first fenix games ( that are not compatable with the new fenix binari ) :
epsilon http://dcreload.free.fr/jeuepsilon.php
rock http://dcreload.free.fr/jeurocks.php

:-/

wraggster
January 10th, 2005, 10:53
Im looking forward to allthose Fenix games at gp32 spain

including the Sonic and the mario games ;)

obelisk
January 10th, 2005, 11:11
don't include nazcasphere in next release, or antipong, or the ones that you accidientally hit a button and the whole show resets.

Hobbes
January 10th, 2005, 15:43
Hey... I just made myself a CD label for this game pack.
And thank you ever so much for that!! I was going to do all that .xml editing, or whatever it was, on my own ;D

Anyway, it's the first label I've I've posted and you can use it if you like.

It's a 75k jpeg which is good quality, decent size.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.pollock/Dreamcast/Feenix_Pack1.1.jpg

Eric
January 10th, 2005, 18:20
i was just going to mention that for the best release of 2004 wouldnt be fenix. Its neat just cause you can play mode8 or whatever its called at a playable speed. But there are no decent games and they are small games. Best release i have seen in 2004 is Neo Geo CD and the starting make of the Sega Saturn Emu but i havent really seen much interest in anything lately. We need some kick butt homebrew besides the mods for BOR. I would love to see some kicken games for that fenix thing.

Maximo2703
January 10th, 2005, 22:00
i think the best game i seen come out for fenix is dr.malavdo's castle

obelisk
January 10th, 2005, 22:03
I would like to see kickin stuff for it too, beta feelin... *:) * new is good i must say though. *Is infancy fun to deal with... *it's all blah blah, and goo at first for languages, platforms, and people, but if we give it time to grow... *it will be more complex, etc... * *
If you were to play 5+ games straight in a row and accidentally hit a wrong button when you're trying to just learn the controls, and reset the whole DC, *well, it's enough to make a happy person in a nice mood swear, at least, or maybe tear the disc outta the dc and chuck it. *
It takes time. *It takes time for people to get these things working. *We have to think about how long it's been on the DC, to now, *not too long, really. *
Small steps to go forward. *it takes a lot of time for things to grow sometimes, to move, to progress. *If people might have time, and if they give bits to Fenix, it might grow to be something better. *
I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything, but we have to also throw in the people aspect of programming, and life itself as an impact on the coders, artists, musicians, writers, play testers, the end user, etcetera, that are all involved in game dev. *and all that life is, heat, cold, birth, death, sickness, plague, work, bills, dating, family, arts, media, friends, drugs, disease, and so, so much more.
It's our duty as people to step back before we jump to say, "hey, when's xy thing out?", in the wrong context, and say to ourselves hey, have they had a kid, got sick, college, or whatever. *
I just want to say,
Thank You devvers, bringers of fun. *Thank you Programmers, sound people, music people, writers, artists, concept developers, brainstormers, etc. *Thanks to translators, porters, and pushers of new stuff. *Thanks to the scene.

Atari
January 11th, 2005, 15:41
Fenix on the Dreamcast will be relegated to small games only, as support files (such as WAVs or FPGs) that are too large will cause the game to not run. I've converted a number of games over that refuse to run due to a 1.2 meg wav music file or an FPG with a ton of graphics.

The games that Nazca did push DC Fenix to the limits, so you *do* see what it can do, and do well, if you put some time into it.

obelisk
January 11th, 2005, 18:16
Thanks, you're right, Atari.

lifeonmars
January 12th, 2005, 19:35
Hello... Is there any way to make Super Pang work ??

Thanks...

MetaFox
January 13th, 2005, 03:57
But there are no decent games and they are small games.Play Devilish Racing, then tell me that. ;)

The game is an excellent clone of RC Pro-Am - including oilslicks and powerups.

Plus, it has multiple modes, multiple tracks, multiple cars, and the granddaddy of them all - the Championship race.

I love this game so much, it's actually made it to my top 10 Dreamcast homebrew games list.

Bet you never thought you'd ever hear that a Fenix game would make a best games list, huh?

The Fenix engine is young, and even younger on the Dreamcast.

Developers are just beginning to show us what Fenix can really do. ;D