PDA

View Full Version : Can I upgrade to official firmware?

Leofox
April 17th, 2007, 21:03
A couple weeks ago I dropped my psp and got it broken. I cant connect to the router anymore.

So the only thing I can do is to send it to sony for repair.
Now the thing is that I have 3.02 OE-b installed, and I dont think Sony will repair my psp beacuse of that, maybe even void my warranty.

Now i wanna install a official firmware before I send it for repair. Can I just upgrade from 3.02 OE to the latest official firmware without bricking my psp or do I have to do it in some other way.

grateful for help!!!

phazi
April 17th, 2007, 23:30
Yes you can upgrade it to be sure of no brick go back to 1.50 then up to what ever you (that sucks though no more hombrew)

pibs
April 17th, 2007, 23:47
hmm they will probably just send you a new one but what u can do is upgrade it to 3.30 OE and change the firmware name with a homebrew app to make it say 3.30 or w/e the latest firmware is new and remove the upgrade option from ur psp hopefully that works...... but most likely they will just give you a new one.

Buddy4point0
April 18th, 2007, 00:51
yea i say upgrade to 3.30 oe and change the name to version 3.30 (it acually says version on the sony firmeare). the will probably check but its worth a shot