PDA

View Full Version : Internet Connecting Problems

SnoopKatt
April 18th, 2007, 00:13
For as long as I've had the PSP (about 2 years now), I've had no problems connecting to the Internet and browsing the web. It started when I was on 3.10 OE-A'. For a long time, the Internet was fine, but one day, it would time out at the "Obtaining IP Address" screen and I couldn't connect. Then, I updated to 3.30 OE-A and I still have the problems. I've tried disabling all of the plug-ins and even removing the memory card, but the problem still persists. I've also tried it on a nearby unprotected router, and it still happens (but the signal is very weak, and I don't have access to another router I can connect to). What could be the problem? Thanks for any help :)

pibs
April 18th, 2007, 00:19
have u tried doing a clean downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade again to the OE again. it might be a corruption so hopefully a clean install could help u out or u can try out a homebrew internet browser:)

SnoopKatt
April 18th, 2007, 07:16
I guess I'll give that a try and see if it works, thanks :)
If it doesn't, how good are the homebrew web browsers? Do they only do text?

EDIT: Nevermind, it turned out there were just some really tight restrictions on the server, so I had to be added to a list to be let in. I don't know about the unprotected one, but everything works now :) Thanks for the response though!

bubba421
April 18th, 2007, 23:38
sometimes that randomly happens to me

but then its fine the next day