PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast clock

DrLilo
April 18th, 2007, 21:33
N00b question, I bet this gets asked all the time... How come my Dreamcast asks me to enter the time and date every single time I turn it on? I've been told that isn't normal... Any clues?

Dull Blade
April 18th, 2007, 22:49
Perhaps the DC's internal battery died, I sure there is a thread somewhere that will help out, i'll try find a link.

DrLilo
April 18th, 2007, 22:52
That'll be helpful thanks. I hope this isn't too hard to fix, it's really kinda annoying.

DrLilo
April 19th, 2007, 00:14
Hm... From what I've read elsewhere, the internal battery charges over 2 hours while the DC is on, and will last for 20 days without turning the console back on again... But since I just got this DC second hand, there's no way to know if the battery is simply flat, or is actually broken (in which case it'd be easier to buy another one than fix it). So I'm gonna leave the console on for a few hours, and see what happens.

DrLilo
April 19th, 2007, 03:49
Ha! It worked. Simply left my DC on for a few hours and now it's not asking me for the time when I turn it off and on. So I guess the lesson of the day is, if your DC asks you for the time randomly, it just means you haven't used it for a month or so, and you shouldn't worry about it.