View Full Version : Multiple Disk PSX Iso
April 19th, 2007, 06:27
I have Chrono Cross and in a fit of nostalgia decided to make it into a PSP playable format.
I Isoed it, Popstationed it And now I find myself wondering...
How do I switch disks ate the end of disk 1? As I recall, there's no save point at the halfway mark.
April 19th, 2007, 15:54
The only way to get to the next disc requires the following actions:
- Cwcheat on your PSP (so you can save dump your savedata as ePSXE recognizable format on your Memory Stick by the end of each disc)
Get the latest version Here:
- ePSXE (Playstation Emulator for PC) to load the dumped data and do the jump to the next disc. Once you're playing in the next disc you save and...
Get the final Update Here:
- Load the second disc onto your PSP (All PSP formatted Multidisc PSXisos [you can call them Pops.PBP around here from now on] require the same exact Disc ID for each POPS formatted disc...For example:
Chrono Cross (USA) uses the following ID's
SLUS-01041 - for Disc 1
SLUS-01080 - for Disc 2
DISCARD THAT....For this to work, you must do the following when compressing your PSXisos over to Pops.PBP files:
- USE only Disc 1's ID for ALL the Discs!!!! Example: SLUS-01041
- Game Save Name must also be the same!!!! Example: Chrono Cross
- Game Title Name can change, though...this is the only way you'll be able to differentiate one Pops.PBP from another one.
Example: Chrono Cross[Disc1of2] & Crono Cross[Disc2of2]
Okay, that being said...let's go back to Multidisc Jump procedures...Where was I?...Oh yeah!
- Load your ePSXE save under ms0://seplugins/cwcheat/ms/HERE
- Also load your second Pops.PBP on your Memory Stick (it'll probably overwrite your first one if you have the folder named after the Game ID)
- Start disc 2 up with Cwcheat plugin enabled, off course...Once you're at the game's main menu load up the Cwcheat menu and load your ePSXE save data. If it worked, then you should be able to see the resuming gamesave data like you normally would on your game screen.
- One more thing...Save in the game as quickly as possible, so that it gets properly registered as PSP savedata.
Sorry if I wasn't VERY specific about something, but if you get stuck at some point feel free to PM me about it...Also I can't confirm that this will work on ALL your games, as I've only tried it successfully with Metal Gear.
BTW, I heard Chrono Cross crashes at some point...this can also be applied before the actual crashing points, so as to bypass them with ePSXE savedata....So you let me know if it works for you, OK?
Also, here's the list for every PSX ID and Game name:
April 24th, 2007, 16:45
lol amazizing faq...it should work...but it isnt working for me on 3.40 :/
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.