PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie please!

VladimirMolotov
April 19th, 2007, 14:26
Hello all,

My two daughters have GBA's and now I have bought them both EZ FLASH III carts. The boxes arrived with the mail this afternoon, and this is all the help I get from an inlay card:
"To secure your saver, please connect the EZ Writer to PC that is power on and insert your EZ Cart into EZ Writer to charge the battery about 8 hours before you begin to use your EZ cart first time"
So I have done as they tell me. There is a small led-indicator on top of the writers, but they don't light up - shouldn't they? I have downloaded the EZ Manager 2.22 firmware, but how does it work? I know this probably sounds stupid, but I really need some "getting started"-help. Is anyone familiar with EZ FLASH III 8gb cart? Please help med, my daughters are killing me!

thanks
Molotov

edit: Does anyone have a link to a manual or something?

bufinjer
April 19th, 2007, 15:58
I have never used this, but I did a quick search. The only information I could find was this:

Operation manual:

1. The PC will mention u that new device found when u plug in the writer for the first time, after drivers installed, the LED will light red, then turn to green to indicate writer is ready.
2. Run the client software, if the writer is not plugged or not light green, the client will mention u that no EZ-Writer found. After writer works, the client will mention u that state of the cart.
3. When the LED on writer turn to red, it's wroking, never plug in or pull off cart at this time. When the LED light green, u can plug in the EZ-Cart, then the client will show u a list of games on the cart and the remained space.
4. Add games u want at client, then update to cart, writer will turn to red indicating it's busy working, when finished the LED will turn to green again. Now u can pull off the cart and enjoy it on GBA

It may not be any better than the instructions you already have. If you want to check out the site I got this from here is the link. http://www.gameboy-advance.net/flash_set/ez_flash.htm

Hope it helped.

VladimirMolotov
April 19th, 2007, 19:34
Hey bufinjer,

thank you very much...My EZ-Flash III just never behaved the way they describe. After installing the drivers the LED was green immediately....not red. I suppose that even though it lights green, I should still charge it for 8 hours before use?
But thank you again. Your four notes were actually the best instructions I got today after hours of frustrated searching. ;-)