PDA

View Full Version : Need some help/ideas for a possible setup!

April 21st, 2007, 16:30
I know this isn't a dedicated AV Forum but I figured I could get some advice anyway.

At the moment I've got a 26" HDTV to play my Playstation 3 through HDMI. Now, I want to pull my PS3 and PC into a single monitor and I've read positive things on this beauty from Dell. (http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=605234)

That means I've got a plethora of inputs I can use; Component cables or HDMI > DVI with the Playstation 3 and DVI cables or analogue input with the PC.

Problem is the audio. At the moment I've got line-out of my PC to line-in on my stereo system. So basically, how can I get audio out of the Playstation 3, into my stereo?

EDIT: Mods if this is better suited somewhere else, or will get more attention, go ahead a move it please

potatoman
April 21st, 2007, 22:42
you could use an optical ou if ur speakers support it, or use the red and white cables on the composite lead that comes with the ps3, and plug that in to ur speakers. leave the yellow loose.
then, in settings, go to audio and tell it that u r using Scart/av/composite for sound and then tell it ur video settings. i have the same dell, screen quality is excellent. update the thread if u need more help.