PDA

View Full Version : my Broken TOUCHscreen :'(

beltmanana
April 21st, 2007, 17:30
im playing actionloop level 36 and im one step away from smashing my ds on the hardest thing close.

my touchscreen has a small area on it that doesnt pick up well, if you try to draw a straight line across it it would look something like this...
____
_______/ ________

does anyone know any software besides the firmware to calibrate it with? or if this is more serious, a way of fixing it without buying a replacement? i dont really know much about how a touchscreen works but if it can be fixed i'd sooner take my ds apart than buy a replacement

please get back to me asap! :)

-melting

EDIT: when i try to calibrate it with the ds firmware it takes about 15 mins of touching the dots over and over again... :S

mastersho
April 21st, 2007, 17:35
Just use google to find a parts replacement site. Dcemu also has a thread that shows good sites from replacement parts. I know of a great site that fixed my DS and PSP screens but I can't remember what it was....

beltmanana
April 21st, 2007, 18:08
i didnt really want to spend the cash on a screwdriver and screen, i have no job right now, so its not really an option

does anyone know if it is possible to fix or if it is unreversable damage?

mastersho
April 21st, 2007, 20:11
Nope. I broke mine and to only way was to order the parts or send it back to nintendo. sorry bout your bad luck.

beltmanana
April 23rd, 2007, 20:02
okay, will do :'(
but first i'll have to wait for some income...
but pokemon works fine for now!!
:D

thanks for the info

-melting