PDA

View Full Version : PSP Chess

wraggster
May 18th, 2005, 02:46
Cwbowron has released a WIP version of a Chess game for the PSP, heres whats featured:

<BLOCKQUOTE>I started porting my chess engine BCE to the PSP, but I am thinking that I might give up on it, but I thought that if someone is interested in putting together a chess program for the PSP it might be a good start. Currently what I have is a program that draws a chess board and allows you to select a square using arrow keys and cross button. You select the start square and the end square using x and then the piece will move and the side will change. Moves will be tested for validity before the piece is moved.

I have not tested on an actual psp (I dont have a v1.00 psp) but I have been doing the development using pspe. Code was based on skippy's libraries.

My plan was to get the GUI working then add the pieces of my chess engine to allow you to play against the machine. All of the code including searching and such is included in the rar file but does not work on the PSP.</BLOCKQUOTE>

Only for devvers at this time but you can Download <a href="http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspchess.shtml" target="_blank" >Here</a>.

robbbert
May 18th, 2005, 03:51
I tested this yesterday on PSPE-5 and it works exactly as stated.

leggy
May 19th, 2005, 11:55
Chess would be great on the PSP :)