PDA

View Full Version : NGP(C) Emu Comming soon!

nexis2600
May 18th, 2005, 02:52
Sorry to spam up the boards with early anoucements but I though I would get this info out early so someone else does not waste their time.

Over the past two days I have done a quick port of NeoPop to PSP. I need to do some clean up and stuff and can get a first build out tomorrow. The framerate is decent and it runs somewhere around 30fps.

So 1.00 PSP users exspect a treat tomorrow (In my opinion the ngpc was the 2nd best handheld created, 1st being psp ;))

nexis2600
May 18th, 2005, 03:47
Can anybody host a 40MB file? I took some quick video of it running at home. Just though it would be nice for some to see early before release. If someone can get back to me quickly tonight I can get the file over.

john sam
May 18th, 2005, 04:02
think u need to put it in ZIP then you can upload it

nexis2600
May 18th, 2005, 04:36
think u need to put it in ZIP then you can upload it

to where? Zipped its 22MB.

john sam
May 18th, 2005, 04:50
now post something then scroll down befor u submit it then click
Manage attachments then upload file but if u dont have DSL or CABLE
u will be there for like 1 hour
just here to help

Cap'n 1time
May 18th, 2005, 05:33
now post something then scroll down befor u submit it then click
Manage attachments then upload file but if u dont have DSL or CABLE
u will be there for like 1 hour
just here to help

your lack of understanding... of anything... is really pusing my patience. Im not sure if your trying to fit in and your just ignorant, or this is some stupid joke. Please please PLEASE read up on emulation, technology, and everything else that you claim to know. first off im not sure if you grasp how large 22 megs is. you cant simply upload that to a forum board. secondly uploading a 22meg file through dial up would take quite a while longer than 1 hour. This isnt really a forum for people new to the emulation scene really, or actually, it is. But dont push my patience!!! RAWR.

also i wanted to say taht i totally agree with the first poster. NGPC was one of the GREATEST HANDHELDS in history... and sadly... one of the most over looked. Wow... in two weeks this psp emulation has picked up more so than any console homebrew scene i can think of in the past!

nexis2600
May 18th, 2005, 05:36
:( 8MB limit

Cap'n 1time
May 18th, 2005, 05:42
:( 8MB limit

thats actually a little more than most!

Onetonbullet
May 18th, 2005, 06:27
Thats great news....I hope PCE is next!

Oh yeah, does it have sound?

nexis2600
May 18th, 2005, 16:04
Here is some vid and pictures of me running it.

Sorry for crap quality. It was taken with my cell camera. Use quicktime view it.

Build to come sometime tonight with no sound, gui or source. Source will come next build because i dont want to deal with the fun the gbc emu went though (tons of unofficial builds and trying to get them all intergrated).

aseddon130
May 18th, 2005, 17:35
if it is so big then why don't u just put it up on a torrent site, sure it would take a while to upload but at least in the end some people with a better connection with you would soon start to seed and then the file will end up spreading across the net ... thats all i can think of anyways!

cool work by the ways :D ... what is a 'NeoPop', is it a NeoGeo Pocket ?? if so then cool :D

nexis2600
May 18th, 2005, 17:41
too much work for just givin a early preview. Anyways does not matter. I posted some screens and a short video clip of me playing and also disabling layers to speed up emulation.

Anyways NeoPop is a NGP(C) emulator for win32. I ported it in the past to symbian 60 cell phones nunder the name n-pop. Now I'm doing a quick port of that code to psp under the new name ngPsp.

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 01:58
i remember your port to the s60 phones :)