PDA

View Full Version : Yoshi's Island GBA

ric1992
April 22nd, 2007, 01:39
Is thaere anyway to play Yoshis island, FULL SPEED on a GBA emulator?

tuta
April 22nd, 2007, 06:02
Only 4 options for u now for this game

1.Play Snes version on snestyl0.42me
2.Wait for exophase Gpsp 1.0
3.Get GBA and the game
4.Play it on ur com with emulator

I believe option 1 and 2 is the best:thumbup:

The King
April 22nd, 2007, 06:09
yea i believe too

ric1992
April 22nd, 2007, 10:19
ok, thanks

kharaboudjan
April 22nd, 2007, 16:46
it works perfect on gpsp 0.9!

just make sure u have the right BIOS!

xg917
April 22nd, 2007, 17:40
how can we tell which are the good bios and which are the bad. if we dont dump them

ric1992
April 22nd, 2007, 23:44
It work? could ou send me your bios?

rbervoets
April 23rd, 2007, 08:09
Bios are illegal

bah
April 23rd, 2007, 14:10
Can anyone else confirm that Super Mario Advance 3 - Yoshi's Island works on gpSP 0.9?

Ive had no problems with other games so I thought I had the correct bios, but SMA3 freezes as soon as I choose a game slot then blue screens if left for 10-20 seconds.

Baboon
April 23rd, 2007, 15:30
I havent tried it on gpsp but (as already posted) stick with snestyl0.42me as it plays perfecto. :)

Exophase
April 23rd, 2007, 17:31
Read my sig.

HAMMIEZ
April 23rd, 2007, 18:09
i tried it on gpsp 0.9 and it freezes on the opening cinematic - i think something is meant to fall into the screen and it doesnt. Although the rom isnt frozen because the music etc. continues to play and the yoshies continue to jump about.

stick with snestyl0.42me as it plays perfecto.

it does? because my fps is always bad and the sound doesnt play after loading state (yes i have fiddled with the options and i know what im doing)

kharaboudjan
April 23rd, 2007, 18:45
well i think Y I is unplayable on snestyl0.42me. u need at least 3 frameskip to get it work at a decent speed.. and it looks so damn ugly then :P

it works perfect on gpsp 0.9, although there are some slowdowns in the castles, but thats ok for me ;)

bah
April 24th, 2007, 08:09
Thanks for that (and obviously for the emu in general) Exophase, I'm off to hunt down another bios to try.

EDIT:
From the readme: "As far as I'm aware there are two BIOSes floating around, I doubt you'll get one that isn't one of those two. There's a very easy way to determine which one you have - just look at the very first byte in a hex editor. The correct BIOS begins with 0x18, the buggy BIOS begins with 0x14"

Guess what mine began with. I really should pay more attention to these things, the search continues :)

EDIT2: Found, working beautifully. It runs FAR better than the snes version under snes9xPSP. :)
Thanks again Exophase.

starogre
April 30th, 2007, 22:43
Thanks for that (and obviously for the emu in general) Exophase, I'm off to hunt down another bios to try.

EDIT:
From the readme: "As far as I'm aware there are two BIOSes floating around, I doubt you'll get one that isn't one of those two. There's a very easy way to determine which one you have - just look at the very first byte in a hex editor. The correct BIOS begins with 0x18, the buggy BIOS begins with 0x14"

Guess what mine began with. I really should pay more attention to these things, the search continues :)

EDIT2: Found, working beautifully. It runs FAR better than the snes version under snes9xPSP. :)
Thanks again Exophase.

Could you check your inbox please? :)

And yours too, kharaboudjan? Thanks!

grantlionheart
May 1st, 2007, 02:27
how can we tell which are the good bios and which are the bad. if we dont dump them

The real one will be 16,384KB

*If you want a good one Download VBA emulator *THE PC ONE* And find the file gba.rom Its there Bios rename it to gba_bios.bin then youre all set.

starogre
May 1st, 2007, 03:20
The real one will be 16,384KB

*If you want a good one Download VBA emulator *THE PC ONE* And find the file gba.rom Its there Bios rename it to gba_bios.bin then youre all set.

the VBA download only comes with NEWS, README, COPYING, and VisualBoyAdvance, no gba.rom!

grantlionheart
May 1st, 2007, 03:42
o.o then where the hell did this bios come from... i sure as hell didnt download it...

bah
May 1st, 2007, 08:04
grantlionheart: The buggy bios is also that size in KB, I just checked both of them.

I was using the buggy one for a long time and games like mario vs DK worked fine. Eventually tried yoshi and It crashed.

The best way to tell if you have the right one is by checking the way exophase says to in the readme as I posted in my previous message.

I had never used a hex editor but with a few quick google seaches its easy as.

Download this freeware hex editor. (http://mh-nexus.de/hxd/)
Run the program
Drag the bios file into the programs window and it will open it
In the grid of numbers, the very first (top left) should be 18, not 14.

If your bios is 14, keep googling for another.

Also, no official release of VBA will come with a ripped official bios, warez versions may.
Also note that of the 2 (legally questionable, not in any way supported by exophase, hosted on less reputable sites than this) 'complete' packages of gpSP i found that came with the bios , neither had the good one.

If I could find the right one in about 5-10 mins of googling it cant be that hard.

grantlionheart
May 1st, 2007, 15:56
thanks for the info and the hex editor
And yeah mines the real one and i noticed in the same folder i had NO$GBA so it might have came from there.
and i dont download files off untrustworthy sites i only ever download from the offical sites

xChipxRobx
May 5th, 2007, 21:33
mine runs fine with 0.9