PDA

View Full Version : A question for those who develop homebrew for the psp 1.0...

SchmuckofNI
May 18th, 2005, 03:49
Instead of developing for the firmwire 1.0 why aren't you guys helping in the cause to crack 1.5? What if all these programs that are made for 1.0 don't work on 1.5? It doesn't make much sense to me to develop for something that may or may not work in the future. Just a speculation if you will, and no offence meant just curious thats all..

john sam
May 18th, 2005, 04:00
this is how life is when 1 thing dies then another thing is born
just think of that

SchmuckofNI
May 18th, 2005, 04:04
Even so its like digging a ditch and filling it back up again. Programming takes a long time to do even for the smallest of things.

john sam
May 18th, 2005, 04:06
just givin edvice

nexis2600
May 18th, 2005, 04:46
Umm think about it logicaly.

JPN Launch games were made for the 1.0 bios. Yet they work just fine on the 1.5 systems or the upgrade 1.5 or 1.5.1 jpn bios. Thus it's logical to assume stuff being writen now for 1.0 bios will be compatible for 1.5 (if its cracked).

As for cracking the 1.5, It's not an easy task and the same people coding demo/mini games aren't magicaly the best people for cracking the 1.5 bios. Don't forget though, The further the 1.0 bios is exploited and studdied the better state the scene will be in to try cracking the 1.5.

john sam
May 18th, 2005, 04:53
couldent say it better my self

Cap'n 1time
May 18th, 2005, 05:24
Instead of developing for the firmwire 1.0 why aren't you guys helping in the cause to crack 1.5? What if all these programs that are made for 1.0 don't work on 1.5? It doesn't make much sense to me to develop for something that may or may not work in the future. Just a speculation if you will, and no offence meant just curious thats all..

because people have special areas. people just want to program games, not worry about the complications of console hacking. also they have a risk of destroying their own $230 system.

your not being very conciderate of other people when you say that, its not a cheap peice of hardware. I garentee if you are patient then some kind of firmware crack or workaround will appear. but let the homebrewers create their software, and let the firmware hackers do their hacking.

It makes plenty of sence that they would work on software for the 1.0 systems and not the other releases, if they didnt develop the software, then there would be no motivation to hack it in the first place.

SchmuckofNI
May 18th, 2005, 06:45
Whatever gets the job done I guess. Back to playing Rengoku and prove gamespot wrong. :P

Spark
May 18th, 2005, 18:29
Exactly, the PSP isn't really a shit console without homebrew/modding anyway, and there isn't really a lot on the scene at the moment.

I'm in the same boat as you, my Japanese PSP was delivered to me with 1.5, but I'm still getting plenty of fun out of it. :)

rmedtx
May 18th, 2005, 19:08
Umm think about it logicaly.

JPN Launch games were made for the 1.0 bios. Yet they work just fine on the 1.5 systems or the upgrade 1.5 or 1.5.1 jpn bios. Thus it's logical to assume stuff being writen now for 1.0 bios will be compatible for 1.5 (if its cracked).

As for cracking the 1.5, It's not an easy task and the same people coding demo/mini games aren't magicaly the best people for cracking the 1.5 bios. Don't forget though, The further the 1.0 bios is exploited and studdied the better state the scene will be in to try cracking the 1.5.

This makes a lot of sense.
SchmuckofNI, a little patience. I'm sure people will soon crack the 1.5. When I hear about what's being done for the 1.0 it gets me excited and increases my expectations for 1.5.