PDA

View Full Version : OpenXDK v0.07

Cap'n 1time
May 18th, 2005, 05:54
good news for legal homebrewers of the xbox! im still hoping and praying for a legal dashboard replacement!

OpenXDK v0.07
>> A new version of OpenXDK(info) - the Open Source, Free, Legal (also binaries!) Xbox Development Kit - has been released. From openxdk.org:

OpenXDK 0.07 has just been released! There are a number of key improvements in this release:
* The xecuter issue has been resolved. OpenXDK should now execute using this and any other BIOS/dashboards.
* The USB input layer has been completely reimplemented and now should support 1.0 - 1.6 XBOXs.
* New library support: freetype (ttf fonts), jpeg, libpng, zlib
* SDL support: SDL_ttf, SDL_image, SDL_mixer (in progress)
* Keyboard, mouse, usb, and controller support
* debugPrint now contains scrolling
* Multiple video modes (640x480, 720x480, PAL/NTSC)
* Flicker filter and soften functionality
* Numerous little bug fixes

While many people contributed to this release, in particular, I would like single out Carcharius for his work on the controller/usb implementation and for resolving the xecuter problem, and also d0wnlab for his ttf and image work. Thanks very much guys!!

With this functionality, though, a dashboard is very feasible. I have had various reports of this version of OpenXDK being able to compile wolf3d, quake, tetris, several emulators (NES, sega master), and a handful of other miscellaneous apps.

Still to come...
* Networking (yes, I know it has been a long time coming)
* C++ support

Official Site: http://www.openxdk.org and http://openxdk.sourceforge.net
Download: v0.07 bin&src - v0.07 Samples
Xbox-Scene Discussion Thread: forums.xbox-scene.com
(May 17 23:24 EST) - (direct link to article)
(Posted by:: XanTium)

J_akob
June 1st, 2005, 23:35
If an upcoming feature of openXDK is C++ would it be possible to compile ZSNES. SNES9X is always ported because it is written in C and is more portable but if the new development kit can compile ZSNES I think people would appreciate it's addition to the already great library of homebrew software on the XBOX.

Cap'n 1time
June 2nd, 2005, 01:03
If an upcoming feature of openXDK is C++ would it be possible to compile ZSNES. SNES9X is always ported because it is written in C and is more portable but if the new development kit can compile ZSNES I think people would appreciate it's addition to the already great library of homebrew software on the XBOX.

If anyone wanted to port ZSNES, they could have already done it on the stolen XDK. I find it unlikely that they would even bother trying with the open XDK.