PDA

View Full Version : How can i play Pirates! on my gba movie player v2??

daveer91
April 22nd, 2007, 17:40
How can i play Pirates! on my gba movie player v2??
I use a gba sp,and have updated my movie player to version e20
And are there people who are still working on GrandTheftTendo???
And are there people who also want to see a GBA/DS (port/version) of an Elder Scrolls game???

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The King
April 22nd, 2007, 17:42
cant talk about piracy on this site thats a rule just try to pm people that u would think have this info

NO PIRACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThaSwapMeetPimp
May 3rd, 2007, 03:47
(This completely ignores the part about GrandTheftTendo, though that even is not piracy unless the person who makes it is profiting off it, if he is just making it available then it is still not piracy, still just theft and maybe tampering with copyrighted material.(though I have no idea if that is illegal))

First off, what is Piracy? I OWN Pirates! and would love it if I could play it on my DS, so I can understand the original posters question. You don't know if the poster owns it and is trying to port their own copy of it to their DS and is asking how. Second, do you know the difference between piracy and good ol' fashioned theft? *IF* I had ROM's, and did not own the cartridge, and if I did not profit off of them, that is theft. If I PROFIT off of it, that is PIRACY (a.k.a. bootlegging)! Cause Pirates didn't just steal things, they stole them and then fenced them and made profit( i.e. If I make a bunch of moonshine and sell it, I am a bootlegger; if I make a bunch of moonshine and give it away I am only illegal of distilling without the proper credentials, NOT bootlegging).

Lumping backups into piracy is a travesty, because despite what the law may state, people have paid for it and have the right to protect their data. And the only way to protect data, is to back it up and back it up and back it up, for data degrades over time. And if you think it doesn't, find out what happened when they tried to back up some art from the national archives onto disc and five years later they tried to view the art and it was completely corrupted, even though the discs hadnt been touched for five years.(I don't have the time to look up the exact situation, I read about it in the local paper like 4 years ago). So maybe quit bustin peoples balls till you find out if they themselves are actually trying something new with software that they own. Cause after all, once I own it, it is mine, and no law can tell me what I can or cannot do with it. And you can give me that bull that "its someone's intellectual property", but you are wrong. IT IS ART! and art is an expression of the subconscious of the ENTIRE race, not one person. That person is just the conduit through which the collective has decided to entertain itself. As an artist of sorts, I know this is the case. Anyone who pursues art for money is a wh***, not an artist, and doesn't deserve the money they are trying to demand for their art.( How uncapitalist of me huh? Hard to believe I grew up in this screwy country that puts money over everything else)

Well sorry for the rant, I just hear the word Piracy bandied about so much that I had to weigh in on it myself.

Bendezium
May 3rd, 2007, 04:11
Pirates of the Caribbean? I suppose you'd have to go to the store and buy it. Sorry can't help you with the others.

DanTheManMS
May 3rd, 2007, 04:26
Making backups is one thing, but using them as anything but strictly backups (i.e. playing them while the original cartridges remain undamaged) is illegal.

Regardless, in order to prevent such controversies and having decide the exact legality of each and every topic on a case-by-case basis, DCEmu simply outlaws all talk of commercial roms in general. See the rules for clarification.

ThaSwapMeetPimp
May 3rd, 2007, 05:00
But are we talking about Pirates! Live the Life the sid meier computer game or pirates of the carribbean? or the original pirates on the nintendo? Only the original poster knows this. You said commercial ROM but Pirates! is a program not a commercial video game rom. It wouldn't even be running a backup it would be running the original game. But I have a question pertaining to this. Is it illegal to take a program that is meant for the computer like Pirates! Live the Life and find a way to port it to the DS for your own personal use? What is the DS other thana little computer that can only do certain things? Isn't it all interpretation of mathematics by electronic instruments to cause desired effect? Or is it that you would have to change coding? Is it illegal to change coding like that for your own personal use?

(And I am not stupid, it would be insanely hard for someone like me with no knowledge of how to do any of this to even try to port that program to my DS, but I am using it as an example. I just want to know what is considered an acceptable thing to do or ask, cause when I read the original post it seemed to me like a legitimate non piracy question, but maybe that is because I own Pirates! Live the Life and the poster didnt really differentiate, I call all the Pirates! games Pirates! and drop the specific part at the end, cause people usually catch my drift. But there are at least three Pirates! games I know of and the poster didnt say Pirates! Gold or Pirates! live the life, just Pirates!. Didn't even differentiate what system they were talking about it being on, so I assumed they meant the computer program, you assumed they meant the commercial ROM. Maybe we should ask for some more specific info.)

DanTheManMS
May 3rd, 2007, 05:26
I'm honestly not really sure what the original poster was referring to. I was simply explaining why DCEmu users tend to jump at any possible mention of DS piracy.

ThaSwapMeetPimp
May 3rd, 2007, 07:31
Sorry Dan I wasn't paying attention to who had posted, most of that was meant for The King. When The King posted the thing about piracy, he did not know if the person was even asking about a commercial ROM, he just assumed, and posted something about piracy which might have discouraged the original poster from continuing their query, which could have been a legitimate (still haven't got an answer to the legitimacy of this, so I will assume that it is legit until further advised) question as to how to port a computer program to their DS so they can play it on the go.