PDA

View Full Version : Max Overload and DS Sleeping/Gamesaves...

Ryuk and apples
April 23rd, 2007, 08:13
Hello those who decided to read this and help me out. I'd appreciate it if you guys would assist me as I have tried to resolved this issue myself. I own an original DS Lite, and original Max media dock. Now, I cannot make my DS go into sleep mode by shutting it while playing a rom file. While using the latest version of Max Overload I found that my DS shut completely off when I shut it to sleep. Also with the old version of MO, I found it still stayed on and did not sleep.
2nd issue:
My second problem is that when I use the swap method where when I get to the MO menu, before I select the game I swap for an original DS game cartridge then select my ROM file. When I do this, I cannot create a save file while playing. I find this odd, because when I try this with some of my other ROms, it saves fine. I am assuming its because I have another game cart in.
Thank you in advanced. Will check back later. =)

rincewind1970
April 23rd, 2007, 18:31
This might sound nasty, SELL it and buy a supercard and superpass. I've both and all the homebrew have worked well for me using this method. Including sleep mode.

DanTheManMS
April 23rd, 2007, 22:24
No piracy on DCEmu please. Take this question elsewhere.

And btw rincewind, the Superpass only works on old DS systems with firmware versions 1-3. A NoPass device like the Superkey is now recommended.

But even if he got the Supercard, he'd be able to use the slot-1 component of his MMD as a NoPass, so the Superkey wouldn't be necessary. Granted, if he sells the MMD he'll probably have to include it in the sale, but I don't think it would be worth selling it for $20 when you'd have to pay $70 for the new Supercard + Superkey. Might as well keep the MMD and only pay $50 for the Supercard by itself.

Ryuk and apples
April 24th, 2007, 00:52
Thanks guys for the answers. Sorry about rom speak.

DanTheManMS
April 24th, 2007, 02:49
My apologies, I should have been more specific. No rom talk on DCEmu please. Take the question elsewhere.

Yes, it's probably legal if you back it up yourself, but discussion about roms in general is still not allowed here according to the rules (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/announcement.php?f=112&a=4):

No talking about making backup or getting backup/warez running on your system.

I'm not a "mod pet," I'm just trying to keep you from getting banned.

To be honest, I never considered the possibility that you backed it up yourself because I found it unlikely. It was my impression that none of the dumpers supported the MMD in the first place. I could be wrong though, as I haven't looked into this too closely.

To make a civil response to a few personal attacks you made on me:
1. "foolish judgement" and "never once did I claim i was a ROM from a piracy site" - you never once claimed it was a self-made backup either, and most users who come here asking about roms are asking about ones they downloaded from a website. Therefore it is not "foolish judgement" but instead "logical judgement"
2. My screen name is just a nickname. No need to attack it when it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.

All I'm saying is that you'd probably have better luck at MaxConsole or a similar site.