PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Freezing Up at XMB?

Triv1um
April 23rd, 2007, 16:49
Right abit of a problem...

When i boot up my PS3, it goes into the xmb and it is completely inactive.

All the demo icons like animated, so its not a total freeze if that makes sence.

This has happened ever since i have hooked up my 360.

My keyboard does work so i know its not all my controlers.

But my PS button works.

Help?

Accordion
April 23rd, 2007, 23:26
hmmm, it seems your contollers arent working correctly?

have you tried with the controller plugged in?

is the 360 on at the same time? have you tried removing it to test the ps3

__
im guessing you have auto-run-disc disabled, so you must enter the xmb first .
_
still not working? phone sony.

[concerning the resistance:fom clan-
i havent been able to get on to the ps3 lately, but i will by friday, i promise]

Triv1um
April 24th, 2007, 16:33
hmmm, it seems your contollers arent working correctly?

have you tried with the controller plugged in?

is the 360 on at the same time? have you tried removing it to test the ps3

__
im guessing you have auto-run-disc disabled, so you must enter the xmb first .
_
still not working? phone sony.

[concerning the resistance:fom clan-
i havent been able to get on to the ps3 lately, but i will by friday, i promise]

This is some wiered shit...

I removed my xbox 360, and it started working again.

WTF?!!

Accordion
April 24th, 2007, 17:07
it could be the bluetooth signals being mixed up.

have you tried having the 360 completely off [at the socket if nescessary]

or does having wired controllers solve the problem

______
maybe the 360 is evil!!!

Triv1um
April 24th, 2007, 17:12
I seriously think the ps3 and the 360 are designed to fight each other.

I am going to go into my room and there is going to be pieces of 360 all over my room..

And my ps3 is going to have 360 blood all over it.

god damn.

potatoman
April 24th, 2007, 20:17
Are they really close to each other? try moving them apart, it worked with my gamecube and ps2...
if not, try not using wirless controllers, sometimes the frequencys block each other (like having 2 40Mhz toy cars and 1 remote being able to control both)

gadgeteer5
April 30th, 2007, 13:52
Hi, I also had lots of troubleshooting with my PS3, but recently I have found a great tech support site that help you solve these troubleshooting problems. They also have free live support!

here is the page for PS3 Support (http://www.fixya.com/support/p201379-sony_playstation_3_console)

good luck

potatoman
April 30th, 2007, 20:54
WOO HOO! <sarcasm> way to drop a small hint </sarcasm> lol joking. i think he fixed it.

Triv1um
April 30th, 2007, 20:55
Hi, I also had lots of troubleshooting with my PS3, but recently I have found a great tech support site that help you solve these troubleshooting problems. They also have free live support!

here is the page for PS3 Support (http://www.fixya.com/support/p201379-sony_playstation_3_console)

good luck

Yes, it already fixed. It was all my 360's fault.

Thanks for the help anyway :)

SilverSony
September 3rd, 2007, 12:43
hey Triv1um

i was reaading your post, and came to a conclusion just like accordian stated, i also thought either bluetooth/wireless signals confusing each other, but also i remember when i first set up my xbox 360 and my ps3 near each other a while ago, and realised there were problems with not only with wireless/bletooth issues, but they did not look very attractive side by side either, so i went through my setup very carefully, and since changing certain areas of my setup, i have got everything working greatly, now i have my beloved ps3, to the left of me, and my also beloved xbox 360 to the right side of me, and it is fantastic, there is also the point that both my consoles, psp and my pc all go through my hitachi digital projector, and have had no problems whatsoever
nice to share info