PDA

View Full Version : ngPsp - Neo Geo Pocket Emu for PSP V1.0

nexis2600
May 18th, 2005, 22:20
This is the release thread for ngPsp. A Neo Geo Pocket & Neo Geo Pocket Color emulator for PSP. It is based on NeoPop by NeoPop_uk. The PSP port is handled by me neXis with help from many people in the psp development scene.

Please read the readme.txt file before use.

-- Update September 20th --

By user request. I have posted up a 1.5 verion of the recent release. So enjoy. :)

-- Update September 15th --

v1.3.1
------
Sorry this build took so long. I actualy forgot to finish it off when I had issues with getting irda to work. I desided to just go ahead
and release this build as there are a few who wish to have it. Yet there is a few issues with this build. First Samurai Shodown 2 & Last blade
have some serious issues with the emulator. I have no idea what broke still but both games will lock up for a few mins durring a battle then
resume but yet keep repeating this every so often. Someone told me Sonic was not working in the last build but seem to be fine in this build
(I played till the 2nd world just fine). The game is actualy decent to play at 333 and a frameskip of 4. Well thats about it. Enjoy.

Oh one last thing. Thanks to everybody who donated for me to get a second PSP. I have been working on the wifi library, dubed Nemo, and I am
very very close to getting adhoc suport done for p2p. So hopefuly I can get a adhoc demo out in the near future once i can finish off the
rewrite of the librarys. Exspect a huge thank you personaly to every donator in the wifi demo.

Ps. I officialy changed my name from nexis2600 to PSmonkey now. :)

-- *NOTE* - This build defaults to 333Mhz as it was a development build. You can still downclock the emu to 222 via the menu.
.) Removed VSync from rendering. Games get a small boost and framerate is now around 40-50 fps in most games. A improvement over being a pretty solid 30.
.) Sound code is there but ungodly bad. I left it in this build in the hope someone can help me out with correcting it and getting it accurate.
.) Suport for using a real bios added but disabled in this build.

-- If you wish to donate to this project. Please use the link below -

ngPsp Paypal Donation Box (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=nexis2600%40gmail%2ecom&item_name=ngPsp%20Development%20Donations&item_number=1&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=USD&charset=UTF%2d8&charset=UTF%2d8)

wraggster
May 18th, 2005, 23:46
cool ill try this later any info on speed etc?

Page at PSP Emu News Updated http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ngpsp.shtml

nexis2600
May 19th, 2005, 00:48
cool ill try this later any info on speed etc?
Speed is so so. I would say around 30fps. The cpu core needs loads of optimisations. You can also disable layers for small speed boost. Give it a go.

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 01:24
excellent it works fine, ill grab some screenshots for you :)

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 01:37
awesome release, i love the menus and the game i tryed Samurai Showdown played great.

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 01:38
Heres a shot

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 01:40
do you have a website or can i use this thread as the release base ? if im allowed to post news, its just so that other sites know where to credit etc :)

nexis2600
May 19th, 2005, 02:16
do you have a website or can i use this thread as the release base ? if im allowed to post news, its just so that other sites know where to credit etc :)

you can link to here. I have no site nor really looking to set one up any time soon. This is just small stuff in my free time.

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 02:17
excellent ill post the news :)

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 02:19
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ngpsp.shtml is the page made too. :)

ganon
May 19th, 2005, 02:19
well done nexis

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 02:25
is it easy to port to PSP ?

nexis2600
May 19th, 2005, 04:15
is it easy to port to PSP ?

Easier then some other systems. Mostly due to a direct framebuffer to write to and loads of cpu power.

If this ends well I might be interested in doing a genesis emu soon.

SchmuckofNI
May 19th, 2005, 04:19
It would be great if you could do a tg16 emu, I know hugo is open source...

nexis2600
May 19th, 2005, 04:20
Oh quick thing so it is made clear. neopop_uk is the original author of NeoPop. The NGPC emulator I ported. It contains a few rewrites (mostly the memory emulation). neopop_uk is in no way taking direct part in the psp port. I am doing the psp port on my own with help from code released to the scene by nem and others (hell all psp demo/emu coders owe him huge amount of credit).

Just felt like clearing that up so people dont think two are working on this emu. :)

Now go back to playing ngp on psp. :P

Cap'n 1time
May 19th, 2005, 04:50
Easier then some other systems. Mostly due to a direct framebuffer to write to and loads of cpu power.

If this ends well I might be interested in doing a genesis emu soon.

you my friend, are one in a million! and dcemu got this news before anyone else! great work!

SmashinGit
May 19th, 2005, 05:11
Well done, thanks a lot :)

wraggster
May 19th, 2005, 07:24
fixed the page/newspost :), gotta post the correct info i have ;)

Genesis Emulation too, its certainly an exciting time to own a PSP

wraggster
May 20th, 2005, 07:12
once a file selector is built in and a bit of optmisation then youll have a great emulator.

wraggster
May 21st, 2005, 00:14
ive stuck the thread and will maybe have a proper psp emulation forum soon

nexis2600
May 21st, 2005, 01:09
Bump, Small update. See main post for reasons.

--edit--
thanks wraggster!

wraggster
May 21st, 2005, 08:36
thanks and ive also updated the page at psp emu news http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk

wraggster
May 21st, 2005, 16:30
can you like the Nes emu for PSP author add bits from say rin to get a file selector or is it easier to do it yourself ?

wraggster
May 21st, 2005, 16:40
that screen stretch would be great too

widescreen ngpsp :)

nexis2600
May 21st, 2005, 17:31
can you like the Nes emu for PSP author add bits from say rin to get a file selector or is it easier to do it yourself ?

Yes we can. Actualy some of the string functions lacking from gcc I barrowed from RIN (like memcpy for example).

I personaly would love to have the RIN menu system put into ngPsp but feel its better if I write my own (and add a little customisation).

that screen stretch would be great too

widescreen ngpsp :)

Truthfuly I am waiting for 3d suport. I want to just texture a polygon and let use the hardware to streach to any wanted screen size with no loss in framerate. :)

wraggster
May 21st, 2005, 17:56
roll on when wifi is sorted out and have wireless emus

nexis2600
May 21st, 2005, 18:20
roll on when wifi is sorted out and have wireless emus

Yep, Neo Pop actualy has the whole communication stuff emulated and portable functions writen. I would just need to fill in the comm calls with wifi code. :D

Hopefuly I can get sound going this weekend (not today, at home resting). The recent revert of code added back in a lot of sound code I took out over the s60 port.

Cap'n 1time
May 21st, 2005, 20:38
Yep, Neo Pop actualy has the whole communication stuff emulated and portable functions writen. I would just need to fill in the comm calls with wifi code. :D

Hopefuly I can get sound going this weekend (not today, at home resting). The recent revert of code added back in a lot of sound code I took out over the s60 port.

according to quzar (insert technical crap about the z80 core and speed here). Do you think the PSP has enough juice on its own to run this at full speed? what needs to be done next to increase the speed?

wraggster
May 21st, 2005, 20:48
zip support has been added to an unnofficial build of rin, that would be a great addition too.

nexis2600
May 21st, 2005, 23:54
according to quzar (insert technical crap about the z80 core and speed here). Do you think the PSP has enough juice on its own to run this at full speed? what needs to be done next to increase the speed?

Well you should check out the current build. I would say the framerate is not all that bad (and this includes it emulating the whole sound code). It's posible that just with the z80 swap that he system will become full speed. I will try to look into swaping the z80 cores this week.

zip support has been added to an unnofficial build of rin, that would be a great addition too.

Yeah, Zlib is simple and easy to port around (it was ment to be). I do plan to also add in zip suport (though I am a little worried about doing that with no memory allocation).

wraggster
May 22nd, 2005, 02:53
what memory does the psp have to play around with? I wonder if the memory card can be used as a virtual memory of sorts?

nexis2600
May 22nd, 2005, 03:44
what memory does the psp have to play around with? I wonder if the memory card can be used as a virtual memory of sorts?

I have to look into it. I am not truely sure off the top of my head. Problems I have atm is nobody has figured out how to allocate a block of memory from the system. Hopefuly it will be figured out shortly.

Memory stick as virtual memory would be too slow. Writing to mem stick is quite slow and reading is so so. Maybe for a huge arcade emu it might be useful to decompress the rom into the memory stick and read from there insted of ram.

wraggster
May 22nd, 2005, 11:14
ive been thinking for future PSP emu releases of having say 10 Homebrew Roms/games in a special zip to be released after the initial release. The Neogeo Pocket does have some excellent Homebrew roms to try.

nexis2600
May 23rd, 2005, 22:16
Calling out to artist. Anybody interested in making a custom image to be displayed as the background to ngPsp next build? I will be adding in wallpaper suport into the next build. So if any artist is bored and wants something to do and get credits in the readme, then draw away and post here!

wraggster
May 23rd, 2005, 22:51
posted at psp emu news :)

nexis2600
May 23rd, 2005, 23:59
posted at psp emu news :)

Thanks. :)

Oh if anybody is currious. The wallpaper atm is displayed while the game is running (not menus, sorry i think it makes text less readable for it in meu's). So if someone wants to put their own image or even a image of a ngpc as the bg they can.

shizzle
May 24th, 2005, 18:48
oh, great. I ve just made a menu background . LOlz0r

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/Neogeo.jpg

Find some use for it... lol

Cap'n 1time
May 24th, 2005, 18:58
oh, great. I ve just made a menu background . LOlz0r

http://www.geocities.com/[email protected]/Neogeo.jpg

Find some use for it... lol

you know, your the reason why i think Z should be removed from the alphabet.

shizzle
May 24th, 2005, 19:33
lolz0r meightz0r. me and my lil script kidz0r meightz0rs. lolz...

It's not even that good, if you like it pehaps you could put it as a load/start screen.

shizzle
May 25th, 2005, 22:42
whats your sigg even supposed 2 mean?

nexis2600
May 27th, 2005, 01:19
Some update tidbits. A new build will show up sometime this weekend.

Currently Added
---------------
.) Swaped the z80 core for cz80. I think its a bit faster but I am not sure. Sadly still not full frame rate
.) Custom bg while running the game is in.
.) Few improvements to framerate

To be done
-----------
.) Will add analog nub suport.
.) Sound
.) Clean up some Src code. Src will come with the new build this weekend.

Cap'n 1time
May 27th, 2005, 04:39
Some update tidbits. A new build will show up sometime this weekend.

Currently Added
---------------
.) Swaped the z80 core for cz80. I think its a bit faster but I am not sure. Sadly still not full frame rate
.) Custom bg while running the game is in.
.) Few improvements to framerate

To be done
-----------
.) Will add analog nub suport.
.) Sound
.) Clean up some Src code. Src will come with the new build this weekend.

I havnt tried it since your first release, and i did it on pspe. Have you added or thought about adding a way to get back to a game select/ options menu?

you say that you switched the z80 core for the cz80 core but you arent sure if its faster... does that mean it didnt make a noticable differance? I ask because when I tested GPF's ngpc unreleased ngpc emulator with the cz80 core I couldnt tell much of a differance speed wise from ganksofts old emulator, which i believe was based around the same source. Im not sure who else beta tested for him, but I would like to hear what they thought about the z80 core replacment.

nexis2600
May 27th, 2005, 04:49
I havnt tried it since your first release, and i did it on pspe. Have you added or thought about adding a way to get back to a game select/ options menu?

you say that you switched the z80 core for the cz80 core but you arent sure if its faster... does that mean it didnt make a noticable differance?

I did a short benchmark with snk vs cap: MOTM. counting from start, though the intro animation to the start screen. This far from scientific. Its just a small test.

Frameskip was set to 1.

NeoPop PC - ?? (need reboot to test)
ngPsp (1.1v) - 1 Min
ngPsp (1.2v) - 54 Sec

So in this test it clearly is just a smug faster

As for the option menu. Do you mean to change options? If so just press select. I am going to try allowing someone to choose rom files in the next build. I want to do it.

Cap'n 1time
May 27th, 2005, 05:11
As for the option menu. Do you mean to change options? If so just press select. I am going to try allowing someone to choose rom files in the next build. I want to do it.

Often one game works better with a differant frame skip setting than another, It would be nice to be able to add change the frame skip from a menu whenever one felt like it. It's also usefull when you can disable and enable sound to boost the speed a tiny bit WHICH I AM AWARE WOULD NOT EFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF A NGPC.

Also what of save state loading and saving? is that in the works as well?

nexis2600
May 27th, 2005, 05:41
Often one game works better with a differant frame skip setting than another, It would be nice to be able to add change the frame skip from a menu whenever one felt like it. It's also usefull when you can disable and enable sound to boost the speed a tiny bit WHICH I AM AWARE WOULD NOT EFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF A NGPC.

Also what of save state loading and saving? is that in the works as well?

Well the menu in since the first build already lets you do small hacks for small speed boost. You can disable Backgrounds or sprites & set frame skipping.

Save states & eeprom saves will be put in soon enough. I am just somewhat waiting to put in a decent file system setup for rom loading. As well make a small adjustment for the new z80 core to work with savestate (would not take long to do).

Sadly the NeoPop core relies heavly on the z80 processor. Except for some b&w games & hobyist developed games, most games will hang with ou the z80 present. So even right now the whole sound system is emulated and will only shave a small fraction of fps if turned on or off. :(

Cap'n 1time
May 27th, 2005, 15:59
Well the menu in since the first build already lets you do small hacks for small speed boost. You can disable Backgrounds or sprites & set frame skipping.

Save states & eeprom saves will be put in soon enough. I am just somewhat waiting to put in a decent file system setup for rom loading. As well make a small adjustment for the new z80 core to work with savestate (would not take long to do).

Sadly the NeoPop core relies heavly on the z80 processor. Except for some b&w games & hobyist developed games, most games will hang with ou the z80 present. So even right now the whole sound system is emulated and will only shave a small fraction of fps if turned on or off. :(

sounds as though you have thought of everything. My next question is, do you have any projects planned after ngpsp? :)

nexis2600
May 27th, 2005, 16:39
sounds as though you have thought of everything. My next question is, do you have any projects planned after ngpsp? :)

.) Maybe Neo Geo Emu
.) 3D Engine
.) 2D Game (looking for artist) (something like lumines in a sense)

wraggster
May 31st, 2005, 22:45
been away 6 days havei missed anything :)

nexis2600
May 31st, 2005, 23:12
Not a whole lot. Very busy with work so i have not done much. I did fix analog suport though. So analog stick works now.

wraggster
May 31st, 2005, 23:14
excellent, now to get my site back up to date

wraggster
June 1st, 2005, 21:09
im gonna find the 10 best Neogeo pocket homebrew roms and the best icons to make a special release, if anyone has any favourites let me know ;)

wraggster
June 1st, 2005, 21:18
i like this

ganon
June 1st, 2005, 23:08
i like that too

wraggster
June 3rd, 2005, 07:44
got the roms but struggling with how to use the ngp file selector, i havent a clue how it works apart from it being an eboot.pbp, is there anyone who knows how to work this

nexis2600
June 3rd, 2005, 18:45
Hold off a few days. I am back to work on the emu again (fudge finaly stupid work beta done).

Just today I made a few changes. I am cleaning up my code so if anybody pitches in it wont be a mess. Trying to make my menu selection code clean so adding options is easy. Borrowed the idea from the pce emu for displaying the famebuffer in the bg when resizing or changing the framebuffer's screen position. I plan to throw in rom selection, save ram & save state suport before next build for next week.

wraggster
June 3rd, 2005, 21:43
great :)

ill wait for that then ;)

nexis2600
June 7th, 2005, 05:08
minor note. Save Ram & Save/Load States work like a charm. Just wish this emu emulated save ram better (it only can save on leave or reset insted of when the chip is accessed).

Cap'n 1time
June 7th, 2005, 05:12
minor note. Save Ram & Save/Load States work like a charm. Just wish this emu emulated save ram better (it only can save on leave or reset insted of when the chip is accessed).

hell, I'll be satisfied.

nexis2600
June 7th, 2005, 06:58
god after painful hour of figuring out what was unhappy I finaly, finaly, FINALY have rom selection suport in. So now you can select files in the root folder.

Yet Battery (save memory) & Save States are in their own directorys. Would people prefer a folder just for roms? or just have it all in the root (I am denying folder surfing, its messy ugly code).

wraggster
June 7th, 2005, 07:45
thanks for the update

maybe a folder for roms is a good idea

consoul
June 7th, 2005, 14:37
A folder just for ROMS sounds good to me.

GPF
June 9th, 2005, 00:08
was the source released yet? I'd like to take a look and see if maybe I can incorporte any of your changes into the dreamcast port. My source is available for download on my site http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk if you want to look at it.

Thanks,
Troy

nexis2600
June 9th, 2005, 00:24
was the source released yet? I'd like to take a look and see if maybe I can incorporte any of your changes into the dreamcast port. My source is available for download on my site http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk if you want to look at it.

Thanks,
Troy

Not yet. I am hodling it back till next build. I just want to get a few more things in. Thanks for the offer. Actualy if you have MSN or AIM. PM me your nick so I can talk to you over that, I can send you my current code now.

nexis2600
June 9th, 2005, 03:27
*jaw hits floor*.

You base your port on n-pop? ;)

I'm subbie (i just chose nexis for the psp port since I was going to hide it from my main nick but said scew it).

nexis2600
June 9th, 2005, 20:12
*grubble grubb*

Added an FPS counter in durring lunch. Not good (15-20fps). I found a small spot to optimise last night but not sure how much it will help. Also now that I have an fps counter I am going to try swaping the memory code to see if there is a boost with the code i wrote for n-pop.

wraggster
June 9th, 2005, 20:43
Thanks for the Update

Cap'n 1time
June 10th, 2005, 05:50
... n-pop? you mean neopop?

nexis2600
June 10th, 2005, 13:52
... n-pop? you mean neopop?
n-pop = my port of neopop to symbian 60 cell phones.

I wrote a case based memory system insted of the current if statement setup.

Neo Pop goes If( ( addr > range_low) && ( addr < range_high ) ) which is a bit slow.

Sadly with my luck I had no good luck. IT seems cz80 is slower then the z8- core on psp and my old mem code is slower then the original. this of course could all be over how the compiler is optimising because others have had better results.

Anyways few games are faster now. Puzzle Link gets a wopping 20-24 framerate while playing with frameskip 1.

I'll clean up the buid and release it this weekend.

Cap'n 1time
June 10th, 2005, 14:38
n-pop = my port of neopop to symbian 60 cell phones.

I wrote a case based memory system insted of the current if statement setup.

Neo Pop goes If( ( addr > range_low) && ( addr < range_high ) ) which is a bit slow.

Sadly with my luck I had no good luck. IT seems cz80 is slower then the z8- core on psp and my old mem code is slower then the original. this of course could all be over how the compiler is optimising because others have had better results.

Anyways few games are faster now. Puzzle Link gets a wopping 20-24 framerate while playing with frameskip 1.

I'll clean up the buid and release it this weekend.

oh... thats nice.

lantus and this guy deserve a "GODLY CODER" tag.

wraggster
June 11th, 2005, 12:04
excellent cant wait for the release :)

nexis2600
June 12th, 2005, 23:23
New v1.2 build. Big things are src is now posted, rom selection and more emulation options.

Enjoy.

--edit--
Side note. Sorry for the white border around the icon. I can't figure out why pbp packer keeps doing that.

wraggster
June 12th, 2005, 23:55
thanks for the release, just about to test :)

nexis2600
June 13th, 2005, 03:51
New Build!!

PiSONG
June 13th, 2005, 05:19
Just want to say thanks for all this hard work your putting into this emu. Latest version rocks, nice overclocking addition :D

I'll let you know if my PSP dies, however I doubt that will happen. Seems stable, you out of all people would know :)

nexis2600
June 13th, 2005, 15:12
Just want to say thanks for all this hard work your putting into this emu. Latest version rocks, nice overclocking addition :D

I'll let you know if my PSP dies, however I doubt that will happen. Seems stable, you out of all people would know :)

Thanks, Yeah I dont think 333 will effect the system except for causing a battery drain. I just put that in just in case to save my butt if something does happen.

Now onto sound!

consoul
June 14th, 2005, 01:17
Great work nexis.
The 333MHz shouldn't cause any problems, as it's not overclocking, it's just full clocking. Congrats on being one of the first to put PSP's full clockspeed to use.

wraggster
June 14th, 2005, 20:16
yeah its great to see the full speed of the psp used

nexis2600
June 14th, 2005, 21:28
Oh just a note. yoshihiro has been helping me out with sound code. He set up all the basics needed for audio play back and I am just bug fixing and filling the gaps for ngPsp.

So exspect a build this week with audio working (it somewhat works now but sounds bad).

wraggster
June 14th, 2005, 21:36
ooh thats awesome news, damn i really need to get all my fave classics again for all emus released on psp :)

galactic
June 15th, 2005, 23:23
hum sorry.. but i download bust a move's Rom and i put it into ROM directory but when i'm lauch the emulator and click "load rom" it doesn't works.
anybody can help me?

slayer2psp
June 22nd, 2005, 03:41
hum sorry.. but i download bust a move's Rom and i put it into ROM directory but when i'm lauch the emulator and click "load rom" it doesn't works.
anybody can help me?
you have to name the rom rom.ngp in the rom folder and you can just name the others rom1.ngp rom2.ngp and so on to have a bunch of games on there the emu is still real slow with most games

nexis2600
June 22nd, 2005, 18:36
you have to name the rom rom.ngp in the rom folder and you can just name the others rom1.ngp rom2.ngp and so on to have a bunch of games on there the emu is still real slow with most games

Your off man. :D

Old builds needed rom.ngp name. Not anymore. This suports any name. Suported extensions are ngp, NGP, ngc & NGC.

As long as the roms are in "\PSP\GAME\NGPSP\ROMS\" folder your all set.

///Mp0w3r
June 23rd, 2005, 01:06
I just dont know what my problem is with this emulator on my psp. I believe i have downloaded the newest version as it has a sound option and a screen adjust option...however when I press circle on the load rom text nothing happens. I have Samurai Showdown and I named it rom.ngp in the directory:

PSP/GAME/PSPNGP%/ROMS and just to be safe i even put a rom.ngp in the main directory.

Please note I am using 1.5 firmware and installed the emulator via KXploit tool 0.3.

If someone could help me that would be great...sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i have been searching all day and i figured the best place to go would be the source or creator of the emulator.

On another note I do graphic design and im willing to create a logo for your menus...I can even do sound if you like.

slayer2psp
June 23rd, 2005, 01:28
Your off man. :D

Old builds needed rom.ngp name. Not anymore. This suports any name. Suported extensions are ngp, NGP, ngc & NGC.

As long as the roms are in "\PSP\GAME\NGPSP\ROMS\" folder your all set.
thats the only way i could get it to read the roms so thats how it worked on mine i have a 1.5 and im using the newest version of the emu

nexis2600
June 23rd, 2005, 16:39
I just dont know what my problem is with this emulator on my psp. I believe i have downloaded the newest version as it has a sound option and a screen adjust option...however when I press circle on the load rom text nothing happens. I have Samurai Showdown and I named it rom.ngp in the directory:

PSP/GAME/PSPNGP%/ROMS and just to be safe i even put a rom.ngp in the main directory.

Please note I am using 1.5 firmware and installed the emulator via KXploit tool 0.3.

If someone could help me that would be great...sorry if this is the wrong place to post but i have been searching all day and i figured the best place to go would be the source or creator of the emulator.

On another note I do graphic design and im willing to create a logo for your menus...I can even do sound if you like.

Read the post above yours. :D You dont need the roms in the same folder as ngPsp eboot (specialy since you 1.5 guys are having a hack of a time).

Just put the roms into "psp\games\ngpsp\roms\" and it will find them. The emulator only looks in that folder regardless of where the eboot file is.

Oh and feel free to do some art. If I like it I will definantly contact you about using it in th next build!!

nexis2600
June 23rd, 2005, 16:44
thats the only way i could get it to read the roms so thats how it worked on mine i have a 1.5 and im using the newest version of the emu

Thats an odd thing. I will need to bug someone with a 1.5 to try it out. Its fixed paths that could careless about what version your running on. as long as they are in the folder listed, they are not zipped and the extension is .ngp/.ngc/.NGP/.NGC it should be all dandy.

///Mp0w3r
June 24th, 2005, 13:43
nexis is there any way i can help you to clean up the source and help get a smoother framerate? I know a little java and pascal but I think this might be a little harder then that :confused:. I would like to help you in any way i can tho. I believe that this could be one of the best emu's ever on the psp.

nexis2600
June 24th, 2005, 17:23
nexis is there any way i can help you to clean up the source and help get a smoother framerate? I know a little java and pascal but I think this might be a little harder then that :confused:. I would like to help you in any way i can tho. I believe that this could be one of the best emu's ever on the psp.

Sadly it's all in C. The entire core was writen for scanline accuracy. There are some rewriting that could be done in the graphics code & as well maybe make some faster memory fetching routines. Once I get a few more things sorted out (like audio). I will be checking into the cpu to improve opcodes.

bkdevart
June 26th, 2005, 18:30
Great work. I'd hate to put my real Neo Geo Pocket in the closet, but this might force me to (I'll miss the thumbstick, though).
One stupid complaint: I understand the fixed-directory system you have in place, but is there anyway you might consider changing it? It's purely for cosmetic purposes, but basically I'm just trying to find a way to hide all corrupted data icons using the 32-character limit on the 1.50 PSP, and having a fixed directory for roms bypasses that.
I'm sure programming a file-browser would be a pain, but maybe including a config file with a pointer that can be edited in a text editor would be easy to implement. I dunno. Just a suggestion.
Again, great work.

artev
July 1st, 2005, 09:37
how do you use neogeo pocket emu using ksploit?

vagabond1
July 2nd, 2005, 03:07
Cheers!

How does SNK vs Capcom play (Both the fighter and Card Fighter's Clash)?

By the way, when the authors get better hold of the PSP's GPU, is filtering and Anti-aliasing planned?

ArugulaZ
July 3rd, 2005, 13:32
Cheers!

How does SNK vs Capcom play (Both the fighter and Card Fighter's Clash)?

Slooooooooowly. It's impressive that Match of the Millennium works (some Neo-Geo Pocket emulators on PCs can't handle it at all), but it's much too slow to be enjoyable. No offense to the author, but this emulator seriously needs some optimization before it's on par with RIN, the king of handheld emulators on the PSP.

JR

Trips411911
July 4th, 2005, 06:36
awesome. wish i had that kind of free time!!

nexis2600
July 6th, 2005, 17:53
Hey guys,

Bare with me here. I am just now finaly getting out of a project for work so my free time is slowly comming back to me. I have some unpacking to do this weekend but I am slowly trying to poke back into ngPsp.

I have been trying to get sound working and had something good going (but a little glitchy), when I went to try what rin did I broke everything again. :(

So I am going to try getting back to what I had that mostly worked. I also am going to start doing some heavy poking into the cpu core to see about fixing the speed. I will start running the pc version through the debuger and trance what it does durring its cycles and find points to optimise.

So all in all hopefuly I can start getting improved versions out sometime next week.

thanks to all who still suport this project!

BaconButty
July 6th, 2005, 18:14
Thanks Nexis! I have to say, out of all of the emulators, this is the one that excites me most! My NGPCs (I have four!) are my most treasured games machines and the idea of having the games on the lovely PSP screen is a dream.

nexis2600
July 6th, 2005, 18:37
Hmmm. Just a second note. I did a small hack durring lunch and I can now get things like MOTM running at 30fps with 1 frameskip (& cpu at 333). For a quick test thats a hell of an improvement. Plus I think I can optimise the fetch8 function since its just fetching from rom and doing too much for a simple rom read.

But yay, puzzle link 2 (my fav game) can get up to 49-53 fps in game with a frameskip of 4 (at cpu 333). So I think this weekend I can make big strives to reach closer to 60fps on puzzle link (mostly due it using a lot of fetch24 which i made faster) & others to 45fps.

Thanks Nexis! I have to say, out of all of the emulators, this is the one that excites me most! My NGPCs (I have four!) are my most treasured games machines and the idea of having the games on the lovely PSP screen is a dream.

Agreed, That is the reason I did this emulator. I use to be a huge NGPC fan (had 2 systems, 14 jpn games in clam cases). :( I wish i kept all of it.

RedKing14CA
July 6th, 2005, 20:00
i really want to play metal slug on my psp, ive tried getting metal slug advance on it with the gba emulator, but its too slow and glitchy, i got metal slug mission one for this neogeo pocket emulator, but it was NOT the metal slug ive come to love.... i downloaded the metal slug rom for the neogeo emulator, and downloaded the neogeo psp emulator on psp-hacks, but it didnt work at all..... i know there is a neo geo cd emulator, but the metal slug rom is like 171mb, and i only have a 467mb memory stick, and dial up :( ..... any help???

immol
July 7th, 2005, 17:51
Thanks nexis2600. This emulator is alot of fun for me to play my old games on the go. Great Job.

RedKing14CA
July 7th, 2005, 23:01
i want metal slug, and this is an exceptional way to get it, however, for me it would be illegal considering the fact i didnt know neogeo pocket existed until i looked at this...........

and the graphics wouldnt be my metal slug :(...... i want metal slug !!!

RedKing14CA
July 8th, 2005, 03:37
i really :D REALLY like metal slug, but the roms file is like 171 mb :( (negeo cd emu) and i dont have that kinda space on my memstick :( , or the kinda modem that can download that :( .............. and i REALLY wanna play on my psp :mad: , im hoping to death theyll update the vba psp SOON so i can play metal slug advance on it..... but it seams theyre not updating it ATALL :mad: !!!

edit- sorry abut spamming your thread or whatever, ill make one about metal slug... but i've never made one before.... im scared :eek: :( :eek:

nexis2600
July 8th, 2005, 15:51
RedKing14CA,

Stop spamming my topic about metal slug. If you want help go make a topic on the forums but for the love of god stop spamming my topic before I have to take action against your account (I do have moderator controll).

nexis2600
July 10th, 2005, 02:24
Hey to all the Neo Geo Pocket fans out there. Here is a new version. The big improvement is faster speeds.
YAY

Its a decent boost that makes it much more playable now. I hope you all enjoy.

Oh source for the new build will come next week (probably monday). I just dont have enough time to clean it up for posting.

rest05
July 10th, 2005, 05:55
cant get this thing to run, i need HELP please, i have the emu running but i cant seem to have the rom to load, i press all the buttons but nothing happens, i created all the folders and everything done right just that the rom wont load can someone help me out PLEASE i really want this emu to work looks neat!!!!!! nexis if you or anyone could help i would appreciate it ALOT!!!!!!!!

help!!!!

BaconButty
July 12th, 2005, 09:41
By looking at some of your other topics, I'm not even sure you're talking about this emulator - this is the Neo Geo Pocket emulator.

Nexis, this is going great! Already getting considerably faster! Great work.

nexis2600
July 12th, 2005, 15:26
cant get this thing to run, i need HELP please, i have the emu running but i cant seem to have the rom to load, i press all the buttons but nothing happens, i created all the folders and everything done right just that the rom wont load can someone help me out PLEASE i really want this emu to work looks neat!!!!!! nexis if you or anyone could help i would appreciate it ALOT!!!!!!!!

help!!!!

Did you actualy read the readme file? Did you unzip your roms into the folder? (this does not suport zips). Are the extensions .ngp/.ngc/.NGP/.NGC ?

Are they 100% in memstick:/psp/games/ngPsp/roms/ ?

nexis2600
July 18th, 2005, 17:29
!! Help !!

Anybody willing to donate to me a PSP? I want to write adhavoc & Infrastructure librarys to be used by all emulators for multiplayer.

PLEASE !! I need a 2nd psp to do such (must be 1.5 or lower). Anybody willing to give me one or if not be willing to donate some $$ twards getting one?

I'll dedicate the next build of ngPsp to you :D & give you an early version.

-- Edit --
Please see first post in this topic. I have put up a link for a paypal donation box. All funds are going twards a 2nd psp for development. So if you can help out (even only a $1) it will be aperciated and you will be thanked in future builds.

-- Note regarding next build --
I am having a hell of a time trying to get the sound working. It just does not like me. :( So it might be a while for sound.

Good note is I finaly found a ngp bios and I am trying to get it properly working in the emulator. It works on most games but a few games go bonkers. I've also put in proper stop point so if an unhandled opcode is found. It will notify you and return you to the main menu.

wraggster
July 19th, 2005, 02:13
Lets start the ball rolling

Ive sent a donation of $20 to get this donation underway :)

Cap'n 1time
July 19th, 2005, 02:47
I would.. but im broke... I will just have to give you a cyber hug till i make some cash, expect a donation from me in the future though.

back onto the topic of the emulator.. any updates? the sdk is showing some signs of manipulating the gpu, do you have any plans to take advantage of this in future builds?

deathspal
July 19th, 2005, 02:53
I poped in $10 I'd love to see more network multiplayer EMUs..... ROck On nexis2600

nexis2600
July 19th, 2005, 03:33
I would.. but im broke... I will just have to give you a cyber hug till i make some cash, expect a donation from me in the future though.

back onto the topic of the emulator.. any updates? the sdk is showing some signs of manipulating the gpu, do you have any plans to take advantage of this in future builds?

Dont worrie man. Don't feel obligated to donate. It's just the people who can help it will be wonderful for them to help out so I can get it done.

Regarding the emulator. I have not jumped to the new sdk yet. Mostly its been me working in other areas of the emulator at the current time. I will eventualy soon get over to the new sdk and take use of the 2d stuff.

Like i mention in a previos post. I have been working on trying to get bios suport. This will be wonderful since no ngpc emu out there I know of officialy suports the real bios and lets you boot up the menu. It's quite cool the internal bios for ngp(c) systems. As well with the bios, it might help in getting the emulator more twards proper accuracy.

I also have been racking my brain over audio with no luck still. I have to tinker with it some more over the week.

BaconButty
July 19th, 2005, 07:29
I've chucked some in this morning. Good luck with it man!

SmashinGit
July 19th, 2005, 20:28
There you go Nexis2600, sorry it aint more, but it all helps :)

nexis2600
July 19th, 2005, 20:47
Thanks to thoes who have donated so far. Nomatter the ammount, any bit helps.

nexis2600
July 19th, 2005, 21:46
Hey guys, Small update status.

I am starting to getting the bios working. Yesterday I had games running off the real bios insted of emulated bios but did not make much of a difference. Now here is something even better. I now have the internal bios menu booting up on neopop core. It needs work tho. It wont run in color mode and now that I remember about the internal color mode. I want to see about getting the color palette change on b&w games fixed and implimented into future builds.

Anyways here is some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality. 2 I taken with my cell phone of it running on psp, the other is my modified neopop pc running the bios (the original emulator did not suport the use of a real bios just yet).

Cap'n 1time
July 19th, 2005, 23:11
Hey guys, Small update status.

I am starting to getting the bios working. Yesterday I had games running off the real bios insted of emulated bios but did not make much of a difference. Now here is something even better. I now have the internal bios menu booting up on neopop core. It needs work tho. It wont run in color mode and now that I remember about the internal color mode. I want to see about getting the color palette change on b&w games fixed and implimented into future builds.

Anyways here is some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality. 2 I taken with my cell phone of it running on psp, the other is my modified neopop pc running the bios (the original emulator did not suport the use of a real bios just yet).

so this is the first to run the ngp bios! thats great news!

nexis2600
July 20th, 2005, 00:18
so this is the first to run the ngp bios! thats great news!

Actualy 1 other does but its not as accurate or run as many games well as neopop.

Pumapride
July 21st, 2005, 23:31
I can get the emulator running, but when it goes to the menu screen it won't let me load any roms. It doesn't matter what button I push I get no reponse. I've put all my roms in the "roms" folder. Does it need to be named something else? I used KXpliot to load the EBOOT to my psp. I have a 1.5 firmware.

Thanks in advance,
Puma

Cap'n 1time
July 22nd, 2005, 01:00
I can get the emulator running, but when it goes to the menu screen it won't let me load any roms. It doesn't matter what button I push I get no reponse. I've put all my roms in the "roms" folder. Does it need to be named something else? I used KXpliot to load the EBOOT to my psp. I have a 1.5 firmware.

Thanks in advance,
Puma

first off make sure you have the latest version. make sure your roms are uncompressed also.

nexis2600
July 22nd, 2005, 02:39
Best advice. Make sure your not using a tool to hide folders. The reason is they add a lot of spaces to the folder name which breaks the naming.

it must be \ngpsp\ not \ngpsp \

Anyways I will try fixing this soon.

OH BIG NOTE REGARDING DONATIONS.
So far I have raised up $75. A big thanks to thoes who have donated so far but for thoes who havent. I please ask you help me raise up more. If people can help raise $100, I will try comming up with the extra $100 because I can probably get a used 1.5 off ebay for $200 or less. So PLEASE people help me out in raising enough to fix this issue.

If I had a 2nd psp right now I could posibly already have irDa multiplayer running and could have spent more time this week working on adhavoc multiplayer.

-- Note regarding next build --
I am going to release an intermedate build posibly tomorrow. All it will allow is for you to boot up the ngp bios to the root menu or run a game with the real bios installed. The reason is to help me figure out what changes the bios makes when running games.

Cap'n 1time
July 22nd, 2005, 21:41
You mentioned the Z80 core before. Is F.A.Z.E found on the main page of dcemu.co.uk or here http://www.rockandaluz.com/~dciberia/modules/news/article.php?storyid=155
of any interest?

nexis2600
July 23rd, 2005, 00:02
You mentioned the Z80 core before. Is F.A.Z.E found on the main page of dcemu.co.uk or here http://www.rockandaluz.com/~dciberia/modules/news/article.php?storyid=155
of any interest?

Isn't it completly in sh4 assembly?

Cap'n 1time
July 23rd, 2005, 01:55
Isn't it completly in sh4 assembly?
oh... yeah.

nexis2600
July 26th, 2005, 21:00
well minor update. I promissed a build recently but halted since games were breaking. Well today I figured out the culpret and it's ****ed up. :(

It's the damn game saves. For some reason there is a nasty bug someone in the save system. When I ran some games with the real bios and then later ran them with the emulated bios the game saves screwed over the game. This is why I was having issues with puzzle link crashing and samurai shodown 2 clocking up mid battle.

So I have a few specific bugs to hunt down for the rest of the week but anyways it gives me enough info to produce a build tonight.

Oh well the good news in the new build is I disabled vsync in the rendering (did not realise i was doing it from the beginning). It makes the framerate a little jumpy but now games do around 40-50 fps ingame. Puzzle link (1&2) specificaly does about 50-54 fps ingame with a frameskip of 1. The other main point is the fact you can run with the real bios insted of emulated bios. I see no real gain from it yet but I hope to use it to allow more accurate emulation in the future.

-- Note regarding donations --
So far $83 has been raised so far. I sold a few unsued things on ebay and hope to throw in $72 of my own cash I will have in paypal once paid. Giving a total of $155. So were getting close.

So please if you have not donated yet. Please pitch in and help out to raise money for a second psp. The instant I can get my hands on a 2nd psp I can easly fix a few bugs from when I started adding in irda suport to add in basic multiplayer via the infra red port and get that out with in a day. Then after that I can start working on ad-havoc and get that going as quickly as i can reverse eng. it and figure out how I wish to build a library for it.

wraggster
July 26th, 2005, 21:06
thanks for the news :)

ataribob
July 27th, 2005, 02:29
Do you have to have the NGPC bios to get the games to work.
version 1.50
Proper folder and dir (rom)
it will load the emulator to settings but the only button that will not work is "load Game"

nexis2600
July 27th, 2005, 02:56
Small note guys. Unless I can find the falt tonight, I am holding back one more day. To me 1:1 compatibility with the pc build is more important then speed. A few games seem to be acking up still on the psp yet seem fine on my modified pc build (using to test things as well as debug the core to use the real bios). So once I can get thoes fix the build goes up.

Do you have to have the NGPC bios to get the games to work.
version 1.50
Proper folder and dir (rom)
it will load the emulator to settings but the only button that will not work is "load Game"

You dont need the NGP Bios. The falt is due to your folder paths not being correct. If you are using a method to hide corrupt folders your destroying paths. You must have the roms in ngPsp\roms\, not ngpsp \roms\

:)

Clay
July 27th, 2005, 04:50
Nexis i've put an article on my site about your donation box. Hope you reach your goal now :D

ataribob
July 27th, 2005, 18:45
Small note guys. Unless I can find the falt tonight, I am holding back one more day. To me 1:1 compatibility with the pc build is more important then speed. A few games seem to be acking up still on the psp yet seem fine on my modified pc build (using to test things as well as debug the core to use the real bios). So once I can get thoes fix the build goes up.

You dont need the NGP Bios. The falt is due to your folder paths not being correct. If you are using a method to hide corrupt folders your destroying paths. You must have the roms in ngPsp\roms\, not ngpsp \roms\

:)

Thanks it's working now

nexis2600
July 28th, 2005, 02:57
-- Donation Update --

Great news everybody. Thanks to all who have donated. With your guys help we were able to raise $186. I now have also secured a 1.5 psp unit that will be shipped out this weekend to me via EMS. So I will have it sometimes next week.

So again, thanks a great deal to all who help donate.

wraggster
July 28th, 2005, 02:59
fantastic news

nexis2600
August 5th, 2005, 17:32
Great news guys. The PSP finaly showed up today.

Well looks like I have a lot to do this weekend. Exspect many updates along the way and hopefuly real quickly an irda build and a wifi test demo next week.

Paulmolive
August 16th, 2005, 05:18
Has there been any update to your progress?

Cap'n 1time
August 16th, 2005, 14:41
Has there been any update to your progress?

I was seriously going to post somthing like this like 5 mins ago. Waiting patiently :) .. but its not easy :D

nexis2600
August 21st, 2005, 05:29
Hey guys, sorry I have been a little quiet recently.

I've been busy getting ready for my gf to return home (to me) from visiting her family in china.

Anyways I will let you guys in on a little bit of news that will eventualy spread. I have been in contact with neopop_uk over the state of neopop core. We will be working together to improve neopop. So that is great news all around (specialy for all ports).

Now regarding wifi. I have been working alot with wifi demo by PspPet. I am having issues with getting inet protocalls working for infrastructure mode (to allow online play), Sadly I will have to wait till september to get back into figuring out whats up. Yet I have recently made strides in adhoc. I have the drivers and adhoc system starting up which is good first step, yet now I have to figure out how to get units to connect to each other and start transfering and this might take a while.

Regarding irDA build. I scrapped the idea. I have issues in the neopop core and insted of wasting time to hunt this down I went full force into wifi coding.

So pretty much whats up on the menu.

1) Research more into adhoc
2) Figure out whats wrong with inet
3) Rewrite ngPsp for the new SDK (will need to plug in wifi) as well as to more allign with the neopop core. So future neopop core updates will plug right in.

blast47
August 31st, 2005, 21:16
So, I loaded the newest version onto my PSP, and followed the instructions on the readme txt file. (folder creations, Eboot placement, etc). Threw a few *.ngp roms into the Roms folder..
When I go into the "games" on the PSP it has a lil icon of the NGPSP, so I know it's there. I select the file, get the lil PSP loading blah blah screen, the screen goes black and then i get this error on a gray screen: The game could not be started. (80020001) and it goes back to the 'desktop' of my PSP.

I know I have version 1.50 (cause I have a couple other hbrew progs on there)

Any help would be appreciated. :)

ataribob
September 1st, 2005, 02:41
ngPs1~1%
ngPs 1

That's what the folders look like hidden

THEY need to look like this to run
NGPSP
NGPSP%

nexis2600
September 1st, 2005, 15:58
So, I loaded the newest version onto my PSP, and followed the instructions on the readme txt file. (folder creations, Eboot placement, etc). Threw a few *.ngp roms into the Roms folder..
When I go into the "games" on the PSP it has a lil icon of the NGPSP, so I know it's there. I select the file, get the lil PSP loading blah blah screen, the screen goes black and then i get this error on a gray screen: The game could not be started. (80020001) and it goes back to the 'desktop' of my PSP.

I know I have version 1.50 (cause I have a couple other hbrew progs on there)

Any help would be appreciated. :)

The version I released was only for 1.0. You need to use a tool like PSP Brew to make it acceptable for 1.50 units. :)

blast47
September 1st, 2005, 18:36
Aha, ok - so I went and got an executable pack from pspbrew, decompressed directly to the psp and now the menu loads up for the emu.. but when i select 'load rom' from the menu nothing happens..

it allows me to like, change language, or the MhZ so i know the keys are working etc.. :confused:

nexis2600
September 1st, 2005, 19:36
Aha, ok - so I went and got an executable pack from pspbrew, decompressed directly to the psp and now the menu loads up for the emu.. but when i select 'load rom' from the menu nothing happens..

it allows me to like, change language, or the MhZ so i know the keys are working etc.. :confused:

Probably because the folders are hidden.

roms *must be* in psp\game\ngPsp\, If it finds none it returns. I will try to fix this asap.

PSmonkey
September 9th, 2005, 18:41
Comming soon. Stuff, Stuff, More stuff & Why the heck I am called PSmonkey.

How soon? Soon as wrag hurries up with the site.

Cap'n 1time
September 9th, 2005, 18:51
Comming soon. Stuff, Stuff, More stuff & Why the heck I am called PSmonkey.

How soon? Soon as wrag hurries up with the site.

uh, who the hell are you?

PSmonkey
September 9th, 2005, 19:24
uh, who the hell are you?

PSmonkey. I am a monkey. I like nemo fish. Very tasty.

chu_chu_my_rocket
September 11th, 2005, 05:37
well i like the emu but i will say this 2 roms don't work on it and those are sonic and rockman power battles thingie but if you could get those to work that would be sweet.sonic freezes on the first boss and rockman freezes after every leval its pretty weak but ya good luck with the sound........

nexis2600
September 11th, 2005, 18:21
well i like the emu but i will say this 2 roms don't work on it and those are sonic and rockman power battles thingie but if you could get those to work that would be sweet.sonic freezes on the first boss and rockman freezes after every leval its pretty weak but ya good luck with the sound........

I will look into thoes 2 issues. They could posibly be exsisting issues with neopop in general and not the psp port. If they are only in the psp port. I will try to see if I can fix them.

nexis2600
September 11th, 2005, 18:44

Ok I just tried sonic right now and it does not crash on my newest build (not released yet). Maybe try running your sonic rom on the windows version of neopop to make sure it's valid. If not. The next build sonic should play just fine.

I'll check rockman some other time. :)

chu_chu_my_rocket
September 12th, 2005, 06:15
ya works fine on neopop windows thing so does rockman but i must say this is great none the less

PSmonkey
September 12th, 2005, 17:02
ya works fine on neopop windows thing so does rockman but i must say this is great none the less

FYI, I am still in the middle of testing rockman. If it checks out fine. I'll try posting up a build shortly.

--edit--
poop. FYI. I am both nexis & this. I forgot to change names on my home pc still.

wraggster
September 12th, 2005, 18:54
two personalitys eh ;)

chu_chu_my_rocket
September 13th, 2005, 05:51
neato then the new one will play every game for this system........all like 10 of them WOOT

chu_chu_my_rocket
September 14th, 2005, 06:03
yup

chu_chu_my_rocket
September 14th, 2005, 06:05
how much longer till the next build?

PSmonkey
September 15th, 2005, 14:18
sorry. Give me 10 mins to look over the build again one more time and to modify things (ie the boot image and update the .txt file).

PSmonkey
September 15th, 2005, 15:12
Ok its up. Enjoy.

chu_chu_my_rocket
September 16th, 2005, 05:42
thanks and i think i might help ya out with that sound i guess although it make take me awile i am slow..............

Amikron
September 16th, 2005, 10:09
I installed the latest version on my 1.50 PSP using SeiPSP, (no hiding folders or anything) double checked everything a few hundred times it seems like, re did the install over and over as many different ways as I could think of (I have had no problem running other emus of any kind or anything thus far in my usage so I dont know what i'm doing wrong) and for some reason every time I go into the Emulator, which starts up fine, I can change everything, but cannot move past the main menu. I can't run or load any of the roms placed in my NGPSP/Roms/ folder and I'm running out of patience with myself, I really have no idea what I've done wrong, and due to my recent lack of sleep I'm begining to grow angry towards the awake portion of my brain. Any help would be fantastic as I'd really like to play Card Fighter's Clash and Bust-A-Move (as well as other games I haven't played since my NeoGeo Pocket was destroyed in a freak accident awhile back.)

ps: this is a great idea, seems almost perfect for the psp :D
(also I even went as far to rename my roms back and forth a few different times and tried installing things different ways just to make sure it wasn't user error, I'm honestly stumped at this point)

PSmonkey
September 16th, 2005, 22:23
I installed the latest version on my 1.50 PSP using SeiPSP, (no hiding folders or anything) double checked everything a few hundred times it seems like, re did the install over and over as many different ways as I could think of (I have had no problem running other emus of any kind or anything thus far in my usage so I dont know what i'm doing wrong) and for some reason every time I go into the Emulator, which starts up fine, I can change everything, but cannot move past the main menu. I can't run or load any of the roms placed in my NGPSP/Roms/ folder and I'm running out of patience with myself, I really have no idea what I've done wrong, and due to my recent lack of sleep I'm begining to grow angry towards the awake portion of my brain. Any help would be fantastic as I'd really like to play Card Fighter's Clash and Bust-A-Move (as well as other games I haven't played since my NeoGeo Pocket was destroyed in a freak accident awhile back.)

ps: this is a great idea, seems almost perfect for the psp :D
(also I even went as far to rename my roms back and forth a few different times and tried installing things different ways just to make sure it wasn't user error, I'm honestly stumped at this point)

Are your roms in a zip file or extracted? The emulator does not suport zip files. Only extracted .ngp or .ngc file format.

- PSmonkey

Amikron
September 17th, 2005, 01:27
Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is done to the specifications given by yourself. Yet for some reason it wont load, I've gone as far as renaming the roms themselves (other than the file type of course) but past the main menu itself I cannot do a thing. I can't load the menu to select a rom, or load a game itself or anything that requires a menu change, apparently I'm not the only one having this problem but I really am clueless at this point.

I'm guessing I'm just missing something minor but theres no way that I could have as I've re-done this quite a few times in every manner I could think of.. I just wanted to play my old games again hehe, thankyou for the timley response btw, I'm glad to see that you actually support your work (unlike others in the emu community). :)

Thankyou again for your time.

UPDATE: Now for some reason I can get my Samurai Showdown for NGP to work but not my NGPC games to recognize, I am checking now to see if this is an issue with the games themselves, my problem was with my psp, not your emulator, I appreciate the effort put forth on my behalf, and hope to use your wonderful program quite a bit, a donation for your skills should find its way to your pocket in the next week or so :D

UPDATE (again.. :\) I tried the roms in my windows based emulator and they work fine, but when loaded on the psp they seem to not want to work, is there something else I'm missing about the roms themselves? They are all .npc so they should (theoretically) work no problem. If you have any ideas what I'm doing wrong let me know. I'll try not to take up any more room in your thread hehe :D

Final Update! :D I renamed the .npc files to .ngp to try it and somehow they all seem to work, so if anyone out there is having this problem try that as a test first to see if that is the case. Thanks again PSmonkey for your great program, I figured it was a user error rather than a problem with your emulator.

nexis2600
September 17th, 2005, 04:40
Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is done to the specifications given by yourself. Yet for some reason it wont load, I've gone as far as renaming the roms themselves (other than the file type of course) but past the main menu itself I cannot do a thing. I can't load the menu to select a rom, or load a game itself or anything that requires a menu change, apparently I'm not the only one having this problem but I really am clueless at this point.

I'm guessing I'm just missing something minor but theres no way that I could have as I've re-done this quite a few times in every manner I could think of.. I just wanted to play my old games again hehe, thankyou for the timley response btw, I'm glad to see that you actually support your work (unlike others in the emu community). :)

Thankyou again for your time.

UPDATE: Now for some reason I can get my Samurai Showdown for NGP to work but not my NGPC games to recognize, I am checking now to see if this is an issue with the games themselves, my problem was with my psp, not your emulator, I appreciate the effort put forth on my behalf, and hope to use your wonderful program quite a bit, a donation for your skills should find its way to your pocket in the next week or so :D

UPDATE (again.. :\) I tried the roms in my windows based emulator and they work fine, but when loaded on the psp they seem to not want to work, is there something else I'm missing about the roms themselves? They are all .npc so they should (theoretically) work no problem. If you have any ideas what I'm doing wrong let me know. I'll try not to take up any more room in your thread hehe :D

Final Update! :D I renamed the .npc files to .ngp to try it and somehow they all seem to work, so if anyone out there is having this problem try that as a test first to see if that is the case. Thanks again PSmonkey for your great program, I figured it was a user error rather than a problem with your emulator.

sorry you had so many problems getting it to work. I am going to get the issues fixed soon enough (to allow listing only ngp roms or all files in the folder). Do note that even tho the file is named .ngp, it will run in color since the game header tells the system if it's color or b&w.

Also note yes .npc is not acceptable. I listed above only .ngp or .ngc :)

Do enjoy, if you have any comments, issues or request. Feel free to post them here. :)

Amikron
September 17th, 2005, 05:04
This is the best Emu I've used in a long time, thankyou for your hard work.
I meant .ngc but it didn't translate into that when I typed it haha! Excellent job once again I can't thank you enough. My original NGPC broke in a freak accident and I've just had the games sitting around w/out a system to play them on. This is perfect for times when I want to kick back and play a little card fighter's clash :D
Also, I heard mention of Ad-hoc compatibility, will that allow me to link to play a game like CfC with my girlfriend on her psp?

EX-Danza
September 17th, 2005, 19:39
i have a question. when u are in game how do u get back to the menu? Also when u are in game the home button will not let u press yes to get out of the game.

nexis2600
September 18th, 2005, 05:02
i have a question. when u are in game how do u get back to the menu? Also when u are in game the home button will not let u press yes to get out of the game.

By default it should be select. The 1.3 build had an issue of the config file not saving a exit to menu key but 1.3.1 has that fixed. You can configure this if you like in the option menu.

Also yes I know of the home button issue. I am not exactly sure whats wrong with it. As you can in the main menu select to exit to bios which calls on the same functions as the home button.

nexis2600
September 18th, 2005, 05:04
Also, I heard mention of Ad-hoc compatibility, will that allow me to link to play a game like CfC with my girlfriend on her psp?

In the future yes. It's not finished yet but once my wifi librarys are finished you can play any ngp(c) game against another person with a psp & the emulator installed. :)

Amikron
September 18th, 2005, 05:48
(mods delete this post please)

Amikron
September 18th, 2005, 05:48
In the future yes. It's not finished yet but once my wifi librarys are finished you can play any ngp(c) game against another person with a psp & the emulator installed. :)

That's going to be awesome, this is a great program man! My girlfriend never even heard of one of theese(neogeo pocket) till I showed her it recently, and she fell in love with the game(card fighter's clash) for some reason. Who am I to try and stop her hehe :D

Good luck in your development and if you need any testers let me know.

chu_chu_my_rocket
September 19th, 2005, 09:11
i have decided that sound is dumb.....................grrrrrrr............

PSmonkey
September 19th, 2005, 14:25
chu chu my rocket,

I sadly am a shit sound coder. I dont know why but I am never good at figuring it out. :( Sucks I can't get proper working sound. I might have to bug smiths for help.

chu_chu_my_rocket
September 20th, 2005, 08:45
its fine realy although i have a new problem with sonic for you:D(don't you just love it)on world three act 2 half way through the level it freezes in a way.........

PSmonkey
September 20th, 2005, 14:25
its fine realy although i have a new problem with sonic for you:D(don't you just love it)on world three act 2 half way through the level it freezes in a way.........

I'll look into that later on today. :D

dman32
September 22nd, 2005, 07:09
Is there anything special you have to do to get the game to work. I have the rom in the rom folder with the .npg extension...is there a special file needed? I can't seem to figure out why the game won't load.

PSmonkey
September 22nd, 2005, 14:18
Is there anything special you have to do to get the game to work. I have the rom in the rom folder with the .npg extension...is there a special file needed? I can't seem to figure out why the game won't load.

Try renaming your files to .ngp extension since .npg is not supported.

bolt
October 19th, 2005, 03:13
Hey. This is the first emulator I've tried to run on the PSP, and I'm having varying degrees of success.

Metal Slug won't work for some reason. It's a bunch of different files, and I made them all .ngc. They show up as loadable, but it tells me that there's an "Unhandled Opcode error" and redirects me back to the main emulator screen whenever I try to run any of them.

Do you think this is a problem with the rom source? I tried it with Samurai Shodown 2 as well, and the same error popped up.

PSmonkey
October 19th, 2005, 17:41
Hey. This is the first emulator I've tried to run on the PSP, and I'm having varying degrees of success.

Metal Slug won't work for some reason. It's a bunch of different files, and I made them all .ngc. They show up as loadable, but it tells me that there's an "Unhandled Opcode error" and redirects me back to the main emulator screen whenever I try to run any of them.

Do you think this is a problem with the rom source? I tried it with Samurai Shodown 2 as well, and the same error popped up.

Few things. If the file you download is archived (.zip/.rar/.ace), make sure to unzip them to get to the actual rom file.

Second check the rom on the pc build of neopop to verify it's a good rom from the start.

Hope that helps.

bolt
October 19th, 2005, 18:26
Few things. If the file you download is archived (.zip/.rar/.ace), make sure to unzip them to get to the actual rom file.

Second check the rom on the pc build of neopop to verify it's a good rom from the start.

Hope that helps.
Oh, yeah... I should probably get NeoPop. SILLY ME! I'll get it when I get home; I'm at school right now.

I downloaded a copy of Metal Slug: First Mission, and it seemed to work. Now, that was only a single file in the .zip- is that what was wrong? And if it was, do you know a good place where I can get a single-file copy of any of the Metal Slug games, barring the Pocket Color ones (I already have those)?

PSmonkey
October 19th, 2005, 21:23
Oh, yeah... I should probably get NeoPop. SILLY ME! I'll get it when I get home; I'm at school right now.

I downloaded a copy of Metal Slug: First Mission, and it seemed to work. Now, that was only a single file in the .zip- is that what was wrong? And if it was, do you know a good place where I can get a single-file copy of any of the Metal Slug games, barring the Pocket Color ones (I already have those)?

Roms should only be a single fine tobegin with. It should be small enough that if you download the game in a .zip just extract and copy the .ngp or .ngc file over to your psp. :)

As for sites. I will not give out or name rom sites. I dont aprove of that so please dont ask here again. :)

peetycool
December 23rd, 2005, 01:16
hello all, i am having a problem. when i try to load a rom nothing happens. i press every single button when i have "load rom" highlighted and nothing happens. the rom is puzzle bobble ngp. can someone help me out. i have a fw1.5 psp. i have the rom in the roms folder.

maarten
December 24th, 2005, 18:42
hi,

I cant get the emulator to work. Whenever I choose it from the menu (games>memory stick) I get the message 'this game cannot be started. The data is corrupted'

It doesnt matter what roms I use, or even if I use no roms at all.

I use the latest version of the emulator. EBOOT.PBP date is 15/9/2005

I use firmware version 2.0 of the PSP

Can anyone help?

rgds,
maarten

wazzal7
December 28th, 2005, 16:09
hello all, i am having a problem. when i try to load a rom nothing happens. i press every single button when i have "load rom" highlighted and nothing happens. the rom is puzzle bobble ngp. can someone help me out. i have a fw1.5 psp. i have the rom in the roms folder.

i am having the same problem. someone help. i have tried everything. im thinking u might need some bios or something.

Sacanache
January 10th, 2006, 00:53
Will 2.6 play this emulater, and if it cant, is there way I can downgrade it to 2.0 or 1.5

Produkt
January 10th, 2006, 00:58
No it cannot play this emulator, and no there is no way to downgrade from that firmware (Currently)

bgruselle
March 6th, 2006, 11:18
I think I have the same problem as Bolt :
I have these (R*m hustler) Metal slug 3, 4 & 5 zip files but each of them are not made of 1 single rom but many of them ! so even after I rename each one of them, I still cannot run any of these games. Help please, Thanks a lot !
attached is a picture of all the roms for Metal Slug 2

PSmonkey
March 6th, 2006, 14:09
I think I have the same problem as Bolt :
I have these (R*m hustler) Metal slug 3, 4 & 5 zip files but each of them are not made of 1 single rom but many of them ! so even after I rename each one of them, I still cannot run any of these games. Help please, Thanks a lot !
attached is a picture of all the roms for Metal Slug 2

That is because thoes are Neo Geo roms. Not Neo Geo Pocket. They are two totaly different systems. Neo Geo (AES/MVS) use seperated rom system (since different roms were stored on seperate eeproms and not a single eeprom). Neo Geo Pocket uses single built roms.

AR15
March 18th, 2006, 23:01
Hi I have a problem. I downloaded a KXploit ready version of NGPSP 1.3.1, put it in my GAME folder, put some roms in the NGPSP/ROMS folder, but I can't seem to load them. I can go to the menu and change the settings, but nothing happens when I try to load a rom. I am not using any renaming programs so the pathways are correct. What's wrong?

PSmonkey
March 19th, 2006, 03:18
Hi I have a problem. I downloaded a KXploit ready version of NGPSP 1.3.1, put it in my GAME folder, put some roms in the NGPSP/ROMS folder, but I can't seem to load them. I can go to the menu and change the settings, but nothing happens when I try to load a rom. I am not using any renaming programs so the pathways are correct. What's wrong?

Are your roms .zip/.rar ? The emu does not suport compressed roms so you must unzip the files first.

AR15
March 19th, 2006, 10:16
The roms aren't zipped, but it still doesn't work.

POOKAPOOKAPOOKA
April 9th, 2006, 08:23
i am having the same problem. someone help. i have tried everything. im thinking u might need some bios or something.
Having the same problems as these two guys. someone help us out!! i put sonic pocket adventure.ngp in the rom folder and i have 1.5 firmware and i downloaded the 1.5 version and when i choose the ngpsp icon from the mem stick it loads to the menu screen and i have no idea what to do from there. load rom doesnt work.

AR15
April 11th, 2006, 01:11
does anyone know?

chickenclaws
April 11th, 2006, 02:06
hrmm i guess not?

EDIT( PM the monkey hes got all the anserws)EDIT

AR15
April 12th, 2006, 02:12
PM'd him, so it does work?

AR15
April 15th, 2006, 11:01
still doesn't work for me

PSmonkey
April 15th, 2006, 18:34
sorry dude. i've been busy with work. give me a few days to get you a version setup.

WisemanLeo
April 16th, 2006, 02:24
I had the same problem. But I fixed it. It was a really trivial issue. My roms were simply set at "Read Only" for some reason. Make sure this is disabled by right clicking on file > properties > uncheck "Read Only". If this option is set, your roms won't be detected.

PSmonkey
April 16th, 2006, 05:43
I had the same problem. But I fixed it. It was a really trivial issue. My roms were simply set at "Read Only" for some reason. Make sure this is disabled by right clicking on file > properties > uncheck "Read Only". If this option is set, your roms won't be detected.

See now if that is the case, that is freaking odd.

BALL_SAC
April 20th, 2006, 08:47
Monkey... I know this is a bit off the subject, but do u intend to work on a neo geo cartridge emulator in the future? I really want to play king of fighters on my psp :)

AR15
April 25th, 2006, 00:46
my rom isn't set to "read only" but "archive" is checked

so PSmonkey, is there anyway to get it to work?

Jaede
May 4th, 2006, 23:13
I'm having the same problem, pressing load rom but nothing works. File has the right extension and isnt set to read only or archive.

Am going to try some other stuff, hope I figure this out.

V3N0M
May 4th, 2006, 23:20
Monkey... I know this is a bit off the subject, but do u intend to work on a neo geo cartridge emulator in the future? I really want to play king of fighters on my psp :)

i have asked him before and he said he has no intention in doing an AES emulater but who knows he might change his mind i am susprised that no one has done one yet.

Apoklepz
May 24th, 2006, 17:45
Hey PSMonkey!

I know you've been extra busy lately with your M64 and Iris proyects, and probably work and other stuff, but... I just wanna bug you for a second here.

You see I have a friend at school that might want to take a stab at this emulator, so I was just wondering if we could borrow the source code so he can mess with it and see if he can add any improvements... If you released the source already, then nevermind, I'll just look for it tonight...So, what do you say? BTW, I have much respect for your work, sir... To bring a closely emulated N64 to the PSP table is just brilliant. Best of luck.

DPyro
May 24th, 2006, 17:57
You can download the src from the first post in this thread.

SolBadguy05
July 16th, 2006, 07:14
Hey Monkey, I love the NGPC emulator and I was just wondering if you plan on updating it? I would really like to see it play with sound. I don't know, it just seems like the emu is almost perfect. Thanks!

PSmonkey
July 19th, 2006, 19:52
Hey Monkey, I love the NGPC emulator and I was just wondering if you plan on updating it? I would really like to see it play with sound. I don't know, it just seems like the emu is almost perfect. Thanks!

Its in the middle of an update. No sound still but will try for sound as soon as posible.

hack.fool
August 5th, 2006, 07:59
I have a problem with this emu...
when my psp was 2.0 and I have to run eLoader for play ngpsp everything is fne ...
but now I have a 1.5 and if I try to load a rom nothing happen, what I missing..or where I have to put my roms...excuse me guys..maybe you asked this thousand times..

Edit: finally I got it..I read the previous page...I wonder why it works now... bhaa!!
however...great!!!!!!

myers112
October 15th, 2006, 16:51
I'm still having the same problem as everyone else, can't seem to get it to load roms.

EDIT

Got it working, i'd changed the folder names to hide the corupt folder, when i changed it back the roms work ;-)

Apoklepz
November 1st, 2006, 20:55
I just upgraded to 2.71 SE-B' a while ago and for some strange reason I can't get the 1.00 version Eboots of 1.3 and 1.3.1 to load see the Roms directory and actually run games...somehow, version 1.2 does...can somebody work on this?

shermiesnk
December 21st, 2006, 01:10
My dream itīs a new version of this emulator , with good screen adjust and sound....

BATTHANTHUONGNGUYET
February 9th, 2007, 03:42
thank verymuch friend

redjello979
May 22nd, 2007, 03:56
hi i'm a new member. i can't download the attachment for some reason. it keeps telling me to log in and get priveleges or something. what am i doing wrong?

redjello979
May 30th, 2007, 03:04
can someone please help me? no one has replied yet

bloodomen420
August 8th, 2007, 20:07
neo geo has been giving me problems all day and im kindof mad but i hop this works and if it does expect a bunch of screen shots

!!!MoNsTeR!!!

SolBadguy05
August 25th, 2007, 18:32
Man, its been like two years since this emulator has been updated. How close is it to being complete? Is it still being worked on? It just sucks now, I have 3.40 oe-a and I can't upload roms... Man, I have been having withdrawls from lack of Snk vs. Capcom Cardfighters clash... :(

DPyro
August 25th, 2007, 19:46
All of PSmonkeys projects have been discontinued (http://dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34463)

Flavor
February 10th, 2008, 17:00
I just wanted to let you guys know that I finally got myself a PSP this week. I have done a quick preliminary port of RACE (NGPC emu) to the PSP and it seems to run at full speed. I hope to fix it up and release it sometime soon.

Mostly, I'm working on the CFC2 English (Card Fighters' Clash 2 Translation) project which can be found here
http://cfc2english.blogspot.com/ I want it to be playable on several systems.

Sunnywootxp
February 27th, 2008, 03:57
how do i get this working what psp verison firmware i need

moers
February 27th, 2008, 09:08
how do i get this working what psp verison firmware i need

first of all all above 3.xx is good as long as your not downloading the 1.50fw one get the 1.00fw one lol

do you even have cfw?

blaze201
March 1st, 2008, 04:06
y kant i load the roms :confused:

Flavor
March 7th, 2008, 20:14
RACE-PSP can now be found here (http://www.personal.triticom.com/~erm/PSP/).

SolBadguy05
March 8th, 2008, 05:51
Ok ok ok... Let me get this straight.... I can play Snk vs. Capcom CFC on my 3.00 and above psp :eek:? Please god, I don't ask for much you know this, please let this be the sweet alternative to NGPC PSP. If you let this be foreal I will promise to finally watch Sweeny Todd. Amen.

wraggster
March 9th, 2008, 02:34
yep its very real - http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/racepsp-neo-geo-pocket-ngp-and-neo-geo-pocket-color-ngpc-emulator-for-psp-96215.html

Flavor
March 9th, 2008, 04:32
Ok ok ok... Let me get this straight.... I can play Snk vs. Capcom CFC on my 3.00 and above psp :eek:? Please god, I don't ask for much you know this, please let this be the sweet alternative to NGPC PSP. If you let this be foreal I will promise to finally watch Sweeny Todd. Amen.

Yeah, hurry up and play CFC, so you can be ready for CFC2 English when it comes out.

SolBadguy05
March 9th, 2008, 05:03
Man, thank you soooooo much Flavor Flav. I have been aching to play CFC for a long time now. I tried playing a version of CFC 2 that had been translated (pretty much just card and battle descriptions) but it had all the cards unlocked and available. Sooo, there wasn't much to look forward to as far as unlocking stuff goes. I hope your version isn't like that :).

As far as RACE! goes I think all it really needs is a save site feature (it doesn't seem to save my progress even if I save...), maybe a way to play other people with the emu, and a way to exit the emulator. Lol, don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound like I am bitching! This emu is practically flawless and is infinantly better than all the others I have tried.

Once again, thank you SOO much! Your awesome!

Flavor
March 9th, 2008, 14:03
I tried playing a version of CFC 2 that had been translated (pretty much just card and battle descriptions) but it had all the cards unlocked and available. Sooo, there wasn't much to look forward to as far as unlocking stuff goes. I hope your version isn't like that :).

As far as RACE! goes I think all it really needs is a save site feature (it doesn't seem to save my progress even if I save...)

First of all, the CFC2 with all the cards can just be started over. You can always start a new game. Though, I don't think the new release will have the save-game built in like that did. It's nice for testing, though.

RACE! should save save-game files in a sub-directory under the main directory. It should be something like this.

./EBOOT.PBP
./Battery/romname.ngf
./Roms/romname.zip

The only reason I think it might not save properly is if there's something wrong with the "Battery" directory. It's been tested fairly extensively.

SolBadguy05
March 9th, 2008, 21:54
I tried reinstalling RACE! and putting it back on my psp, now everything seems to be working peachy lol!

The home button thing also works now, sooooo... I guess everything is pretty much perfect :). Once again, thanks alot Flavor. Great job!

JOYBEBA6679
March 11th, 2008, 06:29
Great, finally a working NGPC emulator, great job Flavor, Also, can this be run at fullscreen in the future? Thanks!

Flavor
March 11th, 2008, 14:12
By fullscreen, do you mean stretched? Won't that look horrible?

SolBadguy05
March 11th, 2008, 18:50
Yeah, man I don't think full screen would work too well... Would there be anyway to add an ADHOD (I think that is it...) mode to play other people wirelessly?

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 19:00
emulator is old....2005 old

JOYBEBA6679
March 11th, 2008, 19:21
By fullscreen, do you mean stretched? Won't that look horrible?

Yes my friend, I did meant that but after playing a bit with it and remembering my old NGPC wich I dont know where it is, I think this is Ok the way it is, maybe some customize pic on the black borders but streched would look horrible, you are right.

I remember when I sent an e-mail to you about porting this to the PSP, at that time I thought this was never going to happen, Thank you again great emu and hope for more updates in de future.:thumbup:

JOYBEBA6679
March 13th, 2008, 07:04
Ok, I noticed that after one looses a match in SNK vs Capcom something is written to the MS and takes long, the looks like it freezes for a momment and then works well again.

Flavor
March 13th, 2008, 16:07
This thread isn't really for RACE. Let's discuss this stuff over here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148031709).

April 9th, 2008, 23:32
i know im too late to be asking about the neogeo emulator but i can't seem to get the roms to work.
Everytime i try and convert them it recognizes the name but doesn't convert and make a cache.I have psp 1.5 and all i've gotten is the bios to work.
Can someone tell me wuts wrong im trying to convert The King Of Fighters 2002. I might not be using the right roms. pls help

Flavor
April 9th, 2008, 23:52
I think you're talking about Neo Geo MVS/AES. This thread is about the Neo Geo POCKET.

tikachiu
June 2nd, 2008, 10:46
i have a 1.5v and i can't get that emu to work...i try to use "seipsptool" to make the emu to 1.5v but it just go in the secreen and frezze.....and my other emu works just fine..anyone have RACE-PSP emu for 1.5 ready??

sergito
June 24th, 2008, 01:38
i don't know hoe to star the games a do all the steps and when i go to game in my psp there is sometihg that says

that the game cannot be started because the data is corrupted

can somebody helpme how to put the emulator in my psp

M Dash
July 24th, 2008, 11:19
NGPSP V1.3.1 doesn't work for me.

I'm on a SLIM PSP.

I run the emulator, opens OK, the options work OK, but I can't seem to be able to load a ROM and play??? :\

I mean: there's the option: "Load ROM"

Ok, I pressed it with O, X, square, triagle, any key, but the thing just doesn't bring me the ROM selection screen. It simply doesn't do anything.

All the other menu option work ok though. Just this one.

Selecting Load ROM doesn't do anything.

Any idea of why?

Cheers.

Flavor
July 24th, 2008, 14:53
NGPSP V1.3.1 doesn't work for me.

Did you try RACE-PSP by any chance? I don't think that NGPSP has been worked on in quite a while.

M Dash
July 25th, 2008, 10:55
Did you try RACE-PSP by any chance? I don't think that NGPSP has been worked on in quite a while.

Of course I did! :D

I love the emulator. I've been playing Card Fighters whenever I can!
Still playing in the 1 version. I'll start playin' Card Fighters 2 when I reach the end of the 1st XD

Anyways... I was just curious about trying this other emulator. That's all. :)

I've always used RACE-PSP since the day it came out. I love the emulator, it's a great emu, simple, the only thing it needs is a way to configurate your own set of keys (I preffer to use the square has "B button" instead of the circle XD). But besides that, I love it. :)

maison09
April 25th, 2009, 02:39
You have a valuable post. Thank you so much:thumbup:

maison de credit (http://maisondecredit.com)