PDA

View Full Version : Genesisplusdc Problem

blacklion22
April 23rd, 2007, 20:10
I finally figured out how to burn my sbi's and to make a cdi but now when i put the disk in the dreamcast and start my inducer, i go to a black screen where all the names of my games are there but i can't play any of them. across the to is some type of configuration setup(buttons,sound, language,etc) how do i get pass this screen?:confused:

Christuserloeser
April 23rd, 2007, 20:55
Hm, seems the names of the ROMs listed in your ROMS.TXT don't match those of your actual ROMs.

Try this tutorial:
http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/GenesisPlusDC-How-to-burn

blacklion22
April 24th, 2007, 02:07
I used that link and still nothing. Would using that GPWTRL have anything to do with it?:confused:

Christuserloeser
April 24th, 2007, 02:49
Probably. Try to follow the tutorial exactly.

blacklion22
April 24th, 2007, 13:25
I followed the tutorial line by line and then made a cdi. Now when i start my disk and launch the inducer, i go to the same black screen with my game lists and that config setup on the top of the screen but when i push start now, the disk resets it self all the way back to the dreamcast loading screen. it still won't play the games. what am i missing?

Christuserloeser
April 25th, 2007, 10:15
Strange. It should be working if you follow the tutorial to the letter. Where are your ROMs located ? And what are they named like ? Do they match the names in ROMS.TXT ?

blacklion22
April 25th, 2007, 12:43
My roms are in sbinducr/inducer/gpwt/data/roms. they are still zipped and when i use provlist.exe. they read in the Rom.LST (after i "Replace All" .smc with .zip)as follows: SNS_0001.zip :romname. it show exactly the same in the ROM.TXT wordpad. i was wondering about something: In renamer, should i be clicking "ignore all" when it says the the source string doesn't match the match string? and should i remove the provlist.exe from the list at the bottom?

Christuserloeser
April 25th, 2007, 14:37
Found your problem:

Open ROMS.LST in Wordpad and replace ".SMC:" with ".ZIP " (space).

blacklion22
April 25th, 2007, 19:46
That did it. I haven't been this happy since my kid was born. thanks for everything. now do u have a good tutorial for burning mame4all?( ha ha!) thanks.