PDA

View Full Version : 3.40OE Homebrew Issues

JerryBlade
April 24th, 2007, 01:04
I just upgraded from 3.30OE A2 to 3.40OE, and most of my hombrew emulators stopped functioning, specifically DGEN, s9xTYL, and Jzintv. I simply get a black screen, and then the PSP shuts off. The only way to get back is with a recovery boot. Nothing has changed, and it all worked fine under 3.10OE and 3.30OE. I have tried re-installing them as 1.0 firmware versions, 1.5 firmware versions, and converted 1.5 firmware versions to 1.0 firmware. My game folder is set to 1.5 via the recovery boot settings. If I put the emulators in the GAME150 or GAME folder, I get the black screen. If I stick them in GAME340 then I get the 80020148 error. I have searched the forums and googled the hell out of this to no avail. Should 1.0 Firmware Emulators (which I prefer for the simplfied directory structure) be put in the 150/GAME folder or in the 340 folder? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

SSaxdude
April 24th, 2007, 01:11
Well I use mostly 1.0 homebrews in the GAME folder with the GAME folder set to the 1.5 kernal and everything works fine. Otherwise try upgrading to 3.40 OE-A using a different pack made by somebody else (if you made it yourself.)

JerryBlade
April 24th, 2007, 01:23
I am going to try the "3.40oe easy installer by xcjzerox" and see how that goes.

Thanks!

JerryBlade
April 24th, 2007, 02:02
I was unable to run the updater or use the recovery downgrade to 1.50 until I swapped out my 8GB memory stick. Is it possible that there are issues with anything using the 1.50 firmware on an 1GB stick? Everything works fine on my 1GB stick, but not on the 8GB one. I have reformatted the stick but to no avail.

JerryBlade
April 24th, 2007, 04:17
After trying many things, the emulators only work if they are loaded first, and, after a lot of experimentation, any roms I put on there once the memory stick has over 4GB on it refuse to load (they work fine if they are loaded early so it is not the specific roms). Maybe some emulators (or the 1.5 bios that drives them) just can't handle addressing the memory stick if it is over 4GB.

SpooForBrains
April 24th, 2007, 12:41
That makes sense. The 1.5 firmware is unable to address any more than 4GB of storage. Anything over and above that shows as corrupted. So, yes, that would account for exactly the symptoms you describe.

I'm not sure how to get round that problem.