PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate Sony?

kaio393
April 24th, 2007, 01:39
Everyone is always hating on Sony. No matter what move they make. People adored the PSP before it came out. Sure it's pretty much dying right now. But it's still pretty damn good. I mean what the heck. People ask for new features, Sony comes out with a new firmware so all the hackers hate them. Then people ask for the screen to be better, and for more onboard memory, Sony does so and gets humiliated.
The PS3- everyone LOVED the PS3 before it came out. Then Sony delayed the PS3, and told them it was going to be $600. Now everyone is on Sony's back, trying to take them down. Sure there were shootings over the PS3, but was it their fault?
Sony is a wonderful company that everyone has cherished for almost ever. Ever since I was a kid Sony was just the way to go. Sure they have gone through troubled times over and over (Betamax, etc.), but they always pull through. Just have a little hope.
Sony brings out dozens of movies a year. Most of which are pretty good. Sony comes out with loads of CDs (okay, the little copyright infringement incident doesn't count), you probably listened to them in some way, shape, or form. Their speakers are uber! Their TVs just make anything look beautiful!
So guys. You try to get 158,500 random people you hardly know, and make something better.

To Sony

Jdemon
April 25th, 2007, 22:20
1. The $ony fan-boy mentality

On 9/9/1999 The Sega Dreamcast was released (the same day FF8 or FF9? was released for playstation) and aside from it's "out of the box" online capabilities and awesome launch games $ony fan-boys still wait a year and a half or more to get their continually delayed PS2 instead of supporting an amazing game system regardless of what company released it.

2. $ony kills Bleem

Originally released for PC emulation the bleem emulates playstation hardware, it is sold in PC stores and Gaming shops across the US (not sure internationally) It existed for around 2 years until...
Sometime around the beginning of 2000 Bleem announces they will be releasing Bleemcast, a set of discs for the Sega Dreamcast to run Playstation games. As a result $ony and their lawyers keep suing Bleem untill they have no more money left for legal fees and die.

3. $ony Kills Lik-Sang

Last year $ony decided that Lik-Sang was in violation of exporting PSP systems to Europe and that was somehow an infringement upon them.
They and their lawyers did the same thing to Lik-Sang and ended what was probably the best international resource for consumers wanting to by Japanese imports throughout the world.

I loved the playstation and my PSP but $ony are way too full of themselves. It's not enough for them that they have tons of money, they want to keep other people from making money too. There was no reason for them to kill Bleem other than wanting to hurt Sega and because of their re-hash release of the Playstation, the PS1. There was also no reason for them to kill Lik-Sang either...they haven't gone after any other importers to my knowledge. I can't speak for everyone but I think you will find most people that "hate" $ony it has very little to do with their products and a lot to do with their corporate politics and ethics (or lack there of)

F9zDark
April 26th, 2007, 01:48
Well as much as you may hate that Sony killed Bleem, they were breaking the law. As far as I know, Emulators are illegal to sell, as doing such hinders a company's future profits (why buy a PS if you can pay 50 bucks for Bleem and play the games on your computer?)

The third one I'll agree with you on that, I was mighty pissed when Sony did that.

kaio393
April 27th, 2007, 00:12
Lik-sang was doing some illegal trading too.... Triangular trade anyone (glad I learned something in History this year :P)

kaio393
April 27th, 2007, 00:40
Happy Krismakwanakuh, I just got you a part of XBox Live... :P

SnesR0X
April 27th, 2007, 19:05
Lik-sang was doing some illegal trading too.... Triangular trade anyone (glad I learned something in History this year :P)

nobody cares

iceman100
April 27th, 2007, 19:33
People are playing free ps games on their computer , and have been doing so for years which makes that's last statement irreverent if anything they were helping sony sell more games.

mastersho
April 27th, 2007, 19:42
I hate sony for the main fact that they killed Lik-sang!
I loved lik-sang and now i have to turn to other site but none are as good as lik-sang, at least to me there aren't.

The King
April 27th, 2007, 19:43
how many times has this been asked

mastersho
April 27th, 2007, 19:46
how many times has this been asked

It is a question as old as time itself.....

Donaris
May 1st, 2007, 03:47
Greed. pure and simple... maxing profits, with never a "thank you, to all our customers, for supporting us, since our entry into the console market and making us rich... heres a £xxx price cut on what was being reported. Yes the PS3 is only £199.. coz we know we'll make it back in software sales"

But I've always been a dreamer..
I must get rid of these rose tinted john lennon's

gamersuperstar
November 12th, 2007, 16:09
I still like Sony and I certainly would like to get a PS3...I just feel let down by the very high price which makes me inclined to buy a XBOX360 instead. But I still don't blame SONY for their decisions. They have always delivered quality with their products!

ExcruciationX
November 12th, 2007, 17:16
Greed. pure and simple... maxing profits, with never a "thank you, to all our customers, for supporting us, since our entry into the console market and making us rich... heres a £xxx price cut on what was being reported. Yes the PS3 is only £199.. coz we know we'll make it back in software sales"
Agreed, and their trash talk (although everybody does that, it's still a reason to hate Sony).

Skmasterpiece
November 27th, 2007, 23:58
Ive always been in favour of the Playstation, Since the PS1 its dominated the Gaming War until now,but i think next year is going to be the turning point.

Future Releases:

Metal Gear Solid 4
Tekken 6
Grand Theft Auto 4
Devil May Cry 4
Slient Hill 5
Burnout Paradise

And if were lucky though i doubt it
Final Fantasy XIII
Resident Evil 5

And there just the Titan titles,im also hoping for some good new material too.

Ibought my PS3 A Month ago and ive been very impressed with
Resistance:Fall of Man
&
Assassins Creed
Also i really liked the Demo of Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Also i have like 1000 songs on there so far and its took up practically no space what so ever Also with videos, Photos (with snazzy Pressentation styles), Theme Modifications, PS1/PS2/DVD/BLU-RAY(& I THINK HD-DVD) Playback, Internet Browser ,Friend Messaging System it has all i need, The only think that could improve it is if you can get Emulators and PS1 games saved on there like on the PSP then it would be PERFECT!

I Dare anyone,I DOUBLE DARE THEM TO SAY THE PLAYSTATION 3 IS SHIT BY THE END OF 2008.

Accordion
November 28th, 2007, 00:17
Conveniently most people forget everything the playstation brand has brought to gaming culture and industry:

Media attention.
Popularity as media in the same field as film and music
value for money-[ PS1 was also a CD player, PS2 was a DVD player with surrround sound support, PS3 cheapest Blu-ray player, inbuilt, non proprietary HDD. ]
Social gaming: guitar hero, eyetoy, singstar, buzz[scene IT before…].
Wii

JKKDARK
November 28th, 2007, 01:13
1. The $ony fan-boy mentality

On 9/9/1999 The Sega Dreamcast was released (the same day FF8 or FF9? was released for playstation) and aside from it's "out of the box" online capabilities and awesome launch games $ony fan-boys still wait a year and a half or more to get their continually delayed PS2 instead of supporting an amazing game system regardless of what company released it.

2. $ony kills Bleem

Originally released for PC emulation the bleem emulates playstation hardware, it is sold in PC stores and Gaming shops across the US (not sure internationally) It existed for around 2 years until...
Sometime around the beginning of 2000 Bleem announces they will be releasing Bleemcast, a set of discs for the Sega Dreamcast to run Playstation games. As a result $ony and their lawyers keep suing Bleem untill they have no more money left for legal fees and die.

3. $ony Kills Lik-Sang

Last year $ony decided that Lik-Sang was in violation of exporting PSP systems to Europe and that was somehow an infringement upon them.
They and their lawyers did the same thing to Lik-Sang and ended what was probably the best international resource for consumers wanting to by Japanese imports throughout the world.

I loved the playstation and my PSP but $ony are way too full of themselves. It's not enough for them that they have tons of money, they want to keep other people from making money too. There was no reason for them to kill Bleem other than wanting to hurt Sega and because of their re-hash release of the Playstation, the PS1. There was also no reason for them to kill Lik-Sang either...they haven't gone after any other importers to my knowledge. I can't speak for everyone but I think you will find most people that "hate" $ony it has very little to do with their products and a lot to do with their corporate politics and ethics (or lack there of)
I love you :)

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 12:32
I like sony's hardware what i dont like in the case of psp and ps3 is the forced upgrades to play games, we bought the consoles, we own them and as such should be allowed to do what we like with them(i know most of us do) when you buy a pc bill gates (and i hate him too) dont tell you cant do this and dont do that if your running windows, when you buy a car they dont stop putting alloys on and spoilers and such, But alas sony do restrict you or try to why for once dont they just get with and release firmwares with what the public want. sony you make good hardware but your mentallity towards your consumers(the people who make you rich) stinks no wonder your struggling against your competitors.

Accordion
December 2nd, 2007, 13:39
I like sony's hardware what i dont like in the case of psp and ps3 is the forced upgrades to play games, we bought the consoles, we own them and as such should be allowed to do what we like with them(i know most of us do) when you buy a pc bill gates (and i hate him too) dont tell you cant do this and dont do that if your running windows, when you buy a car they dont stop putting alloys on and spoilers and such, But alas sony do restrict you or try to why for once dont they just get with and release firmwares with what the public want. sony you make good hardware but your mentallity towards your consumers(the people who make you rich) stinks no wonder your struggling against your competitors.

It is not unusual for PC software to require certain files, drivers or even OS revision. It is nothing new.

hodgy47
December 2nd, 2007, 19:26
It is not unusual for PC software to require certain files, drivers or even OS revision. It is nothing new.

Fair point but it does not restrict what you do with your pc and the drivers you install are for hardware you chose or part of a system you bought but can still do what you want with it. So why not with a psp why cant sony just make firmwares with homebrew capabilities to start with after all it makes their system much more appealing without the need to hack it.

JPJunkie
December 12th, 2007, 12:56
Everyone is always hating on Sony. No matter what move they make. People adored the PSP before it came out. Sure it's pretty much dying right now. But it's still pretty damn good. I mean what the heck. People ask for new features, Sony comes out with a new firmware so all the hackers hate them. Then people ask for the screen to be better, and for more onboard memory, Sony does so and gets humiliated.
The PS3- everyone LOVED the PS3 before it came out. Then Sony delayed the PS3, and told them it was going to be $600. Now everyone is on Sony's back, trying to take them down. Sure there were shootings over the PS3, but was it their fault?
Sony is a wonderful company that everyone has cherished for almost ever. Ever since I was a kid Sony was just the way to go. Sure they have gone through troubled times over and over (Betamax, etc.), but they always pull through. Just have a little hope.
Sony brings out dozens of movies a year. Most of which are pretty good. Sony comes out with loads of CDs (okay, the little copyright infringement incident doesn't count), you probably listened to them in some way, shape, or form. Their speakers are uber! Their TVs just make anything look beautiful!
So guys. You try to get 158,500 random people you hardly know, and make something better.

To Sony

Do you work for Sony?