PDA

View Full Version : GTA LCS Distribution Scheme

Wally
April 24th, 2007, 02:36
Hi guys,

I thought i might start a topic to introduce a scheme which I will start by purchasing an unpatched GTA LCS and allowing people to hire it for a specific amount of time.

However there will be a charge of $10 + Postage in AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS for each person (You MUST ship back).

This service may start in australia but could work its way around the world somehow..

People will need to sign a trust and not keep GTA for more than a week. IT must be shipped back after downgrade is complete.

Any thoughts?

Video_freak
April 24th, 2007, 02:40
I thought about that but people aren't willing to pay that much. And they don't get how to do the downgrade...

Wally
April 24th, 2007, 02:46
Well

I was going to include a 32mb memory stick and a set of instructions inside

dejkirkby
April 24th, 2007, 10:41
Sounds like a great idea wally!
You would need some sort of system to say who you send to.

SpooForBrains
April 24th, 2007, 11:00
What are you going to do when you get some douche who doesn't send it back?

jonezybaby
April 24th, 2007, 11:26
hunt him down and chop off his......... u get the rest hehe ;) unless there female, chop off 2 things :p

Triv1um
April 24th, 2007, 16:42
Yeah, i was going to do the same thing..

But i know people will not send it back.

Wally
April 25th, 2007, 03:30
Yeah, i was going to do the same thing..

But i know people will not send it back.

Thats what i was thinking..

but maybe DCEmu could cover my back somehow by banning the person or providing the GTA LCS themselves :)

DarkDragoon7
April 26th, 2007, 01:52
I'd do it when i get the money. Id rather do this than risk reting one off blockbuster. Trying to hurry n downgrade my psp to suit my 4gb ima get :)

Video_freak
April 26th, 2007, 02:52
What are you going to do when you get some douche who doesn't send it back?

KILL THEM! O.o http://www.msnemotions.org/avatars/uploads/psycho.gif

scrish
April 26th, 2007, 11:24
I wouldn't use it because I have my own copy of the un patched game.

rbervoets
April 26th, 2007, 17:12
i think it would be better if they sent you like $20 plus the $10 and if they send back you give the $20 deposit back

Wally
April 27th, 2007, 02:12
Excellent!

I was thinking along the same lines but never thought of it that way.

scrish: This is only for those who weren't fortunate enough to get the unpatched version of GTA.

There will now be a $20 deposit.

I was thinking if the waiting list got huge then maybe we could get the previous person to pass it onto the next person to save shipping costs if they live in the same country (State prefered).

DigiBetti
April 27th, 2007, 12:44
I kinda had the same idea, but I'm just not trusting enough.
I was lucky enough to already own an unpatched copy when the new downgrader came out, but I can see from ebay's listings that ppl are lookin' for em.

grantlionheart
April 30th, 2007, 02:06
Lol i had a patched version of gta LCS but luckily some kid down the road had a 2.00 version so i switched it without him knowing xD kinda like i switched my 3.30 psp with my friends 2.60 o.o yesh im evil

Wally
April 30th, 2007, 05:40
Well.

Considering half of the retal chains around here are jacking the price of LCS up to $99.95 hacked or not hacked. people dont want to spend that much.

Im not going to buy a new one as EBgames has a pre owned version there for $35 (less 10% for EDGE card)
so really its not too bad.

Maybe I offer a downgrading service that people send me their PSP and I downgrade it but then again people need to trust.

Blade Hunter
April 30th, 2007, 05:54
If there was some service where I could bring my second PSP with all the files already on the stick and ready to go then I would definately be interested. Meet up, give you a few bucks, plop the UMD in, run the downgrade, shake hands and walk away with a 1.5 psp :).

grantlionheart
April 30th, 2007, 05:58
yeah thta might sound like a good idea if we all lived in the same town but uno xD quite crowded

Blade Hunter
April 30th, 2007, 06:03
I would be prepared to drive up to an hour for this. I live in Sydney's west and 1 hours driving pretty much covers the entire Syd Metro area. Put the onus on the people who want to downgrade, tell them that if they want it then they have to travel to a place that is convenient for you.

potatoman
April 30th, 2007, 07:24
play asia used to do 2.00 versions, not sure if they still do...

Wally
May 1st, 2007, 01:44
I would be prepared to drive up to an hour for this. I live in Sydney's west and 1 hours driving pretty much covers the entire Syd Metro area. Put the onus on the people who want to downgrade, tell them that if they want it then they have to travel to a place that is convenient for you.

Its more than an hour believe me :), I live in East Gippsland in Victoria which is MORE than you bargined for. (Around 8 hours driving)

People are getting more and more interested :)

Blade Hunter, if you want to be first to trial this scheme well i'd be happy to start it.

I have found my 32mb PSP memory stick so that all the data will go on there. I will shove that memory stick in the box with the game itself.

I will have some rules set out by the end of the week for the scheme itself. Those who wish to downgrade for their friends for money must give some money back to the scene (not that I can detect it but its fair)

I'll get back to you guys during the week

Wally

Blade Hunter
May 1st, 2007, 03:51
Hey, you could also put my PSP Game Structure Utility on the card for people ;)

And yeah, I would love to go on the list, you are right, 8 hours is a little far to nip over after work one day ;)

pibs
May 1st, 2007, 05:43
good idea but may i suggest painting or putting a sticker on the umd case that way they wont get sneeky and switch a patched w/ the unpatched

Gene
May 1st, 2007, 06:22
I have a good idea.

how about you charge the person around $40as compensation, and they have to pay you up front. Then when you recive the game back you will return their $40 compensation back. If you don't get it back then you will have $40 at least.

Wally
May 2nd, 2007, 00:21
good idea but may i suggest painting or putting a sticker on the umd case that way they wont get sneeky and switch a patched w/ the unpatched

Thats one of the best ideas so far :)

I'll have to whip up a quick sticker or a tamperproof seal.

Im already taking a $20 deposit. $40 is far too much and I cant expect everyone to afford it.

Blade Hunter
May 2nd, 2007, 01:40
How do we pay this cash? Bank to bank transfer and supply the transfer ID? I don't think there are any fees with bank to bank transfer online or at least not with my bank anyway.

Wally
May 3rd, 2007, 03:12
How do we pay this cash? Bank to bank transfer and supply the transfer ID? I don't think there are any fees with bank to bank transfer online or at least not with my bank anyway.

Paypal is the best option.

You would pay the money out to me and i'll transfer it off to devs etc.

The address will be released soon as the scheme starts