PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered my PSP!

gam3r
May 19th, 2005, 17:48
Hello! first post :D loving it here already.

Just posting cos i got a few q's. I bought a PSP of Ebay just now. Ive payed for it over paypal n everything. I payed 117.£ for the standard pack and i was just wondering what else i should buy with it, keeping in mind im kinda low on money now. I was thinking of buying FIFA and a 512MB stick but i want some advice.

Link to what i bought/am buying:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8193413623

All advice welcome! Thanks alot guys:D

P.S hope i dont get stung with import tax :'(

leggy
May 19th, 2005, 18:21
Well done and welcome to the best PSP site on the planet!

You will certainly need a decent memory stick - shop around as the prices are coming down all the time - buy the biggest you can afford.

If you get charged custom charges complain - there hae been a few threads on the site showing that you shouldn't get charged - I think kPow posted on a few of them.

Spark
May 19th, 2005, 18:42
The only 'big' Ebay seller that I know of who is totally safe for Customs tax is importsolutions2004.

You shouldn't be charged anything, to be fair, but it's a good idea to keep some cash aside for the time being, just in case.

gam3r
May 19th, 2005, 19:46
Well guys, Thanks alot for replying i really appreciate it :) Been lookin' around on ebay and other places for PSP games(especially FIFA-i know it sucks compared to PES but its a good substitute:D) and i havn't really found anything appealing. Any suggestions? looked on a few websites but nothing special. Also been looking for some UMD movies on the cheap - i know DVDSOON do them for real cheap but i opted to get the Japanese PSP so i could watch PSP movies when they come out here in England. Liksang is the only place ive seen that do the UMD movies region 2 but the prices are quite high.

As for the 512MB Mem stick i was looking on www.ebuyer.co.uk and it looks alright. I might get it from there.

I just don't want to get my PSP and leave it idle because i don't have any games/memstick/movies :(.

Oh yeah, Also i was wondering could you fit a whole movie onto a 256MB stick? Or how many episodes of whatever which lasted 30ish mins could u fit on 256mb?

Thanks again.

Kind regards, gam3r :D

ganon
May 20th, 2005, 02:12
your lucky youl probably have 1.0 fw
stick around this forum for goodies (homebrew)

Kpow
May 20th, 2005, 08:08
Welcome

As Leggy said, look back over my posts for info on VAT and import Duties.

Good luck and enjoy

gam3r
May 20th, 2005, 09:29
Cheers, i will look. Still no word from the seller :( i paid him as well ! Hope everythings ok.

EDIT: OH CRAP, the email in my paypal account was wrong!...i just corrected it. He probably sent the details to someone else. I emailed him about it now. I hope everying goes ok.

Spark
May 20th, 2005, 19:54
your lucky youl probably have 1.0 fw
stick around this forum for goodies (homebrew)

I doubt it, I got my JAP unit from Ebay delivered on Tuesday and it's a 1000k 1.5. :(

gam3r
May 20th, 2005, 21:09
Just realised i cant afford a memory stick as well as a game so its got to be either FIFA or a mem stick. Which one hmmm. I can afford a 32mb and a game but thats not really what im looking for.
Anyway i guess its alright im getting the PSP with no games at the moment because my GCSE'S start soon :(

playps2
May 20th, 2005, 21:35
Heya,
just to let you know that psp games and accessories can be bought at www.playps2.net (http://www.playps2.net) .
We're based in London and offer next day delivery for UK orders.
The range will increase as we expand so do pop by and check out the site regularly! :)