PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 Thumb Pad

bandit
April 25th, 2007, 13:21
http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/catalog/enlarge/8829.gif

Madcatz is the first 3rd party accessory maker to add a QWERTY keypad onto a SIXAXIS controller for easy net surfing and text entry. Item retails for $29.99.

Put the power of your console’s text messaging and web browsing capabilities in the palm of your hand with the Mad Catz ThumbPad for the PLAYSTATION 3. Ergonomically designed for comfort, it makes communicating online convenient and effective. Just clip it onto your SIXAXIS controller to easily text, chat, and browse the web though your console. The functional 61 key QWERTY interface permits access to all SIXAXIS controller buttons and the removable clamp means the pad is not restricted to use with gaming consoles. Ergonomics and versatility make the Mad Catz ThumbPad for the PS3 the ultimate solution for your online messaging requirements. Mad Catz promises innovative, quality products for all your gaming needs.

Product Features:

Functional 61 key QWERTY interface
Enhances in-game messaging capabilities
Convenient clip-on design
Fully compatible with PS3’s web browsing functions
Plug and play technology
All PS3 controller buttons still accessible
Removable clamp increases versatility

Source: Madcatz (http://www.madcatzstore.com/store/viewItem.asp?idProduct=2883&idCategory=114)

jeegee
April 25th, 2007, 13:42
Sweet! Looks like a decent idea! certainly saves on putting pad down to type. Good price too .. 15gbp?

Triv1um
April 25th, 2007, 17:10
That actually seems like a really good idea.

I like my normal keyboard better though.

steve-b
April 25th, 2007, 17:21
That looks pretty swish. I think I'll buy me one of those.

Do you think it would work without being plugged into the controller? I'd like to just leave it lying on the coffee table instead of the big, hunkin wireless keyboard

bandit
April 25th, 2007, 17:35
That looks pretty swish. I think I'll buy me one of those.

Do you think it would work without being plugged into the controller? I'd like to just leave it lying on the coffee table instead of the big, hunkin wireless keyboard
How else will it draw power?

steve-b
April 25th, 2007, 18:28
same way the controller does?

bandit
April 25th, 2007, 18:32
same way the controller does?
Controller runs on batteries. The keypad, I assume runs off the power from the SIXAXIS.

steve-b
April 25th, 2007, 18:48
thats what I meant. does it have its own battery or does it run off the controller :)

Looking at the little diagram of it all connected to the controller, it looks like it would make the L1 and R1 buttons hard to get to. I guess at 30 dollars it's worth a pop though.

bandit
April 25th, 2007, 19:39
thats what I meant. does it have its own battery or does it run off the controller :)

Looking at the little diagram of it all connected to the controller, it looks like it would make the L1 and R1 buttons hard to get to. I guess at 30 dollars it's worth a pop though.
I would think run off the controller considering its attached to it. If it had its own power supply, no point in showing it attached onto the controller.

As for the L1 and R1, I think its above the controller still allowing access to the shoulder buttons