PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex voted best PC game ever

wraggster
April 26th, 2007, 20:38
The latest issue of PC Zone has named Deux Ex the best PC game of all time, topping the list of the magazine's 101 favourite PC games.

An intensely grateful Warren Spector, game designer, had plenty to say about the award. "First, let me say what an honour it is to have been associated with the development of Deus Ex - to see it named the 'best game ever' is pretty incredible," he began.

"Perhaps the most amazing thing was that the game got made at all," he said. "I first thought about a game like DX back in 1995, when I was still an Executive Producer at Origin, which was owned by EA," he revealed, "but I could never get the project off the ground at Origin or, later, at Looking Glass. (I think it was lack of interest at Origin/EA and it was mostly a lack of money at LG!)." We think that was a mistake, clearly.

The game eventually got underway at Ion Storm but it wasn't all plain sailing: "Down in Austin, we had a team of incredibly talented people, many of whom didn't get along at ALL," he explained.

But it came together in the end, and Spector finished up with gushing words of gratitude. "Thanks to PC Zone for recognizing Deus Ex as a great game, but my deepest thanks go to the team that made it possible."

So if you haven't played Deus Ex, pick up a copy now. You can snag pre-owned copies for pennies nowadays.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=162858)

wolfpack
April 26th, 2007, 20:59
i own a copy of this game and it IS a MUST OWN, its slow at first but the pace kicks up once your skills get better.

Zion
April 27th, 2007, 01:55
all i can say is :rofl:

deus x was alright, but NO way is it the best pc game ever.

Not a hope in hell.

Its like saying Leyton Orient are europes greatest football team :rofl:

PLZKLLME0080
April 27th, 2007, 01:59
wow. it was just voted the best pc game ever and ive never heard of it?! :eek:

The King
April 27th, 2007, 02:04
same here

jmendes
April 27th, 2007, 02:20
what a huge load of bullshit! for godīs sake, deus ex might be a good game, but best of all time?? PC zoneīs strong point is clearly NOT games

werpu
April 29th, 2007, 23:39

Obviously you have missed a lot, seriously. It is hardly the best PC game ever, but it is very good and definitely one of the best games.
I probably would vote Ultima 7 into this category,
or Ultima underworld (the first first person game ever and way ahead of anything until 1995 from a environmental and 3d engine perspective).
Even probably A mind forever voyaging from 1984 would belong into this category.

The PC has a 27 years list of very good games, it is hard to determine which is the best. (Ok most people simply only know the last 5-10 years, for many of them PC gaming started with DOOM)