PDA

View Full Version : Subhunt

DCEmu_Newsposter
December 28th, 2004, 04:43
Atari has ported another classic DIV game to Dreamcast Fenix, heres a description:[br][br]A classic style game in the vein of Sega/Gremlin's 1977 arcade game Depth Charge, the goal of the game is to destroy the subs that appear below your ship by dropping depth charges. The points you receive depend on how deep the sub is when you hit it. Go after the red subs for huge points. Beat level 15 to win the game.[br][br]Download from the Subhunt Page (http://fenix.dcemu.co.uk/subhunt.shtml)

Atari
December 28th, 2004, 07:43
I fixed the download link if anyone tried to download this file and couldn't. I usually upload rars, but this time uploaded a zip, and a rar was linked. I just went ahead and rearchived using rar and uploaded that archive.

Christuserloeser
January 5th, 2005, 09:14
It's a nice game :)

It's a Deep Scan clone, which I played on Sega Saturn - It was a bonus to Dynamite Deka 1 but I played Deep Scan a lot more than the original Dynamite Deka game. ;D Most likely because it was better than Dynamite Deka! ;D It was released in the EU as Die Hard Arcade

Atari
January 5th, 2005, 19:42
Deep Scan was originally an arcade game, which came out around 1980. Subhunt differs in that it doesn't have the radar that Deep Scan has. The game is closer to Sega's original black & white arcade sub game, Depth Charge. But I suppose you can draw parallels to Deep Scan, as both arcade games are quite similar.

DCDayDreamer
January 6th, 2005, 12:29
This one's addictive, classic gaming, nice work :). The controls for the game are pretty obvious, but here they are anyway...

Press START or X to start the game.
LEFT/RIGHT on the D-Pad to move your ship.
Press A to drop a Depth Charge to the left.
Press B to drop a Depth Charge to the right.

You start the game with 3 credits (you'll earn more as you move up the levels), you have 6 Depth Charges to get those pesky subs, once you've used up your 6, you'll have to wait for the ship to reload - watch out for the torpedo's if you want full capacity.

wraggster
January 6th, 2005, 12:58
damn did i screw up on the linking

damn i must get better