PDA

View Full Version : New ideas for Un-Homebrewable PSP's

A-sylum
April 28th, 2007, 03:18
Do Not Worry!!!! this is not one of those annoying threads begging for a downgrader. this is for coders who have interesting ideas for future exploits and homebrew/downgraders since the old GTA Exploit won't work on newer psp's.:thumbup:

Well..... Anyways i was wondering about taking taking downgraders in a completely different direction and accessing the flash through a computer. I don't know if this is possible but if it's not please correct me. because if it is possible than that would solve the problem of e-boot's and make things alot easier. becasue in Dark_Alex's custom firmware you can toggle flash why can't you access it through the comp...

Axelius
April 28th, 2007, 11:35
the problem is simply that you can't run unsigned code on psps with a firmware higher than 3.03. Thus you can't make a program that makes it possible to access the flash with a computer, as the psp will just refuse to run it...

SSaxdude
April 28th, 2007, 16:41
I bet there could be another exploit in another UMD game, or maybe an exploit in the PSX emulator made by Sony. Or hopefully yet another TIFF exploit.

MattZani
April 28th, 2007, 17:50
so does that mean there's little hope?

mavsman4457
April 28th, 2007, 18:07
With all the new features that Sony adds to it's firmwares there is bound to be something new popping up that we can exploit.

pibs
April 28th, 2007, 18:33
hmm sounds interesting through popstation but does it access the kernal? if it does maybe something can be made that works like CWCheat and can somehow flash the new fw....

parkermauney
April 28th, 2007, 20:52
How about trying an mp3 or mp4 exploit, kinda like the tiff one?

Gah! Reading over this sounds so nooby.

A-sylum
April 29th, 2007, 08:26
I should have thought of the unsigned part.... but i was more thinking of just overriding it through the computer even without the eboot. but..... hmm? but have people decrypted the signature of some eboots for the psp or even extracted them? And is the signature a seperate file you can extract or just a special variable or something littered throughout the e-boot. is it possible to do that?

Could you run a certain thing like that in flash and not an eboot to see the psp's flash memory or is it just not able to get permission to access things like that. Or even a flash application that could let you run a basic flash accessing e-boot....

well these are my ideas please give feedback.:thumbup: :thumbup:

A-sylum
April 29th, 2007, 08:51
Ya i understand the whole unsigned thing but have people been able to decrypt or extract the signature. Because that would be heplful:p .

so but is it possible to actually be able to run a flash application that could run a usb flash connection or even an eboot. that for me seems the most likely but, is it not given access to that type of thing, or have we just not tried yet... well who knows we may be on to something.

And if anything in here is wrong please correct me.

A-sylum
April 29th, 2007, 09:24
i don't know if my posting is working but sorry 'bout the triple post.