PDA

View Full Version : The game could not be started. (80020001)

tabak0
April 28th, 2007, 05:52
I have just got back to PSP homebrew after a few months, and now I can not run my favourite emulator (PSPGenesis). I followed the installation instructions exactly as stated on the site and still got the error: The game could not be started. (80020001) whenever I tried to run it. I have had this emulator fully working before. my PSP is firmware version 1.5. I have searched the forums and Google for solutions, but nobody gives a definite answer. I don't know if I am forgetting something really stupid or something like that, so I'm hoping somebody could help me.

Chameleon
April 28th, 2007, 06:16
you must have in the game folder( say i was using gpsp) gpsp and gpsp% folders which are kxploited for 1.5 do not use the 1.0 eboot version

tabak0
April 28th, 2007, 14:47
I have gotten a bit of progress (not much). I was able to get it to load BUT all it loads is a black screen with a bunch of white squares when it does load. I can run DGEN fine, but PSPGenesis is soooo much better :(

Chameleon
April 28th, 2007, 14:59
i just got it to run make sure its version 18c and have a rom in with the eboot

but if you want to take another rought get dgen 1.7 the GUI sucks but its at full speed pretty much i tried playing with pspgenesis and ive noticed its a lot slower