PDA

View Full Version : The Post That Finally Answers All....

A-sylum
April 29th, 2007, 09:15
This Post is so that dcemu doesn't get filed up with a million more newb posts about downgrading and other things like that. i will edit it when something changes.

1. Right now there is no 3.10 or above downgrader. there will probably not be one for quite a while.

2. There is no homebrew for 3.10 or above that is in an eboot form.

3. yes you can run flash portals onany PSP

4. TA-082 psp's can be upgraded to custom firmware. Their mother board is only a problem with downgrading.

5. The GTA Exploit will not work with 3.10 or above.

6. To change betweem Dark_alex's Custom firmware (im not sure about the others so im not going to say anyting because i don't want to be held responsible for a bricked psp.) all you have to do is run the installer for the firmware you wish to have again. (no downgrading to 1.50 is neccessary trust me i have done it.)

7. You can useyour old DXAR.data (or Data.dxar i forget wich it was) for reverting back yo your old firmware ie: you go to 3.40 you can use your old 3.03 OE-C data to revert back to it.

8. I'm not saying that there is no risk but there is very little risk in installing cutom firmware.

9. Yes you need a video converter to watch video on your PSP.

10. You can always trust www.dark-alex.org it is dark-alex.com that is fake and i don't think it exists anymore.

11. HEN (Homebrew Enabler) Cannot brick your psp, it only freezes so just remove your battery and put it back in. (keep trying until it works.)

12. No, you cannot update to a higher custom firmware from a lower sony one.

13. updating or downgrading on cutom firmware does not effect anything on your memory stick.

A Bit Of A Guide:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. if you are planning on downgrading all the way back to 1.50 (wich i see no point of.) than what you need to do is

{
1.Have a copy of the 1.50 firmware available. Rename it UPDATE.PBP and place it in the RECOVERY folder if it doesn't exist make it.

2.Place the RECOVERY folder into the directory /PSP/GAME/ on your PSP.
Turn off your PSP, then turn is back on again while holding the Right Shoulder Trigger button. This will put it into Recovery mode (you must fully shut the psp down by a) holding the power button up until it turns off or b). removing the battery and putting it back in.)

3.From the Recovery menu, run the Recovery software (it will prompt you to run the program in /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY). To run it click on run program at (recovery..... etc.)

4.Follow the instructions, and you'll be back to Firmware 1.50. Your PSP will reset its settings back to factory default, so you'll have to set up your WI-FI and such, but it should work just fine.

To go to a different custom firmware just run the installer again.
}

2.you put them in GAME150. what each of these folders do is the GAME150 one runs homebrew and things that would run on a 1.50 psp GAME340 runs stuff that would run on a 3.40 psp. All of the stff is still accessed from the game menu.

3. i did not understand the question but i recommend that you just install 3.03 OE-C. It has the best psx capabilaties and the best for changing icons and things.

How to install:
get the official firmware from dark-alex.org and follow the enclosed instructions.

This should take alot of things off of your mind. Have Fun.:thumbup:

If i Missed anything feel free to add it below.

eatnooM
April 29th, 2007, 11:44
Useful topic indeed, the problem would be that the sort of people who haven't looked elsewhere for this information will probably just make another post instead of stumbling upon this topic :(

SSaxdude
April 29th, 2007, 17:02
Please put this on the front page for everyone to see, it would clean up the forums a lot.

Triv1um
April 29th, 2007, 22:37
You CAN'T use a old dxar for a different custom fw.

a 3.40 dxar is different to a 3.03 dxar I think.

that's why you need you put the firmwares in when making the dxar.

wolfpack
April 29th, 2007, 22:56
this needs to be stickied
and put in BIG BOLD LETTERS so then the new people would see

mavsman4457
April 29th, 2007, 23:47
I'm pretty sure that number 4 is wrong. TA-082 motherboards are no longer a problem for downgrading as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

A-sylum
April 30th, 2007, 00:33
The TA-082 mother board still does need a special downgrader but they are much easier to find now. And Thx to Triv1um for correcting me. i got my words mixed up i was writing this at 3 in the morning.