PDA

View Full Version : 3.40oe emulation?

grantlionheart
April 30th, 2007, 02:16
Hey people i was wondering if i could ask a few questions

#1 How do i downgrade from 3.40oe, Because i looked around and some people say recovery menu then some people say you only use that if ur bricked.. so i dont know its too confusing.

#2 What emulators can you run on 3.40oe and in which folder do you put them? I.E Game/Game150/Game340

#3 Whats tje best version do to certain things? like say Hombrew for version? emulators for version?
games for version?

So yeah anyway i hope my questions get answerd ive searched so many sites and they all contradict one another

NEW QUESTION!

Can i hide the corrupt data files from appearing in my psp menu?

A-sylum
April 30th, 2007, 04:22
1. if you are planning on downgrading all the way back to 1.50 (wich i see no point of.) than what you need to do is

{
1.Have a copy of the 1.50 firmware available. Rename it UPDATE.PBP and place it in the RECOVERY folder if it doesn't exist make it.

2.Place the RECOVERY folder into the directory /PSP/GAME/ on your PSP.
Turn off your PSP, then turn is back on again while holding the Right Shoulder Trigger button. This will put it into Recovery mode (you must fully shut the psp down by a) holding the power button up until it turns off or b). removing the battery and putting it back in.)

3.From the Recovery menu, run the Recovery software (it will prompt you to run the program in /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY). To run it click on run program at (recovery..... etc.)

4.Follow the instructions, and you'll be back to Firmware 1.50. Your PSP will reset its settings back to factory default, so you'll have to set up your WI-FI and such, but it should work just fine.

To go to a different custom firmware just run the installer again.
}

2.you put them in GAME150. what each of these folders do is the GAME150 one runs homebrew and things that would run on a 1.50 psp GAME340 runs stuff that would run on a 3.40 psp. All of the stff is still accessed from the game menu.

3. i did not understand the question but i recommend that you just install 3.03 OE-C. It has the best psx capabilaties and the best for changing icons and things.

How to install:
get the official firmware from dark-alex.org and follow the enclosed instructions.

i have enclosed the 1.50 eboot so STOP POSTING THESE THREADS!!!!! THERE ARE LIKE HALF A MILLION WITH THE EXACT SAME THING AS THIS JUST LOOK AT THOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike_jmg
April 30th, 2007, 04:47
I donīt know where have you been searching but my guess is that you gave up very soon,(LOL) any way iīll try to answer your "questions", just because i have a friend that is as lazy as you are

#! I donīt know why do you want to do that, but somewhere in the past threads is an eboot that you can use to downgrade to 1.5
So you only have to put it in the GAME150 folder and run it from there
(as i think you have no idea what the recovery mode is)

#2 You can run almost any program on 3.40 OE only a few of them have glitches, as for the emulators you can run all of them: atari, nes, snes, gba, n64(this one is still in the works though) and all this goes in the GAME150 folder (the name HOMEBREW stands for: programs, aplications, games, emulators and any other thing that can run on your psp that wasnīt made by SCEA)

The GAME folder is for things that run exclusively on older firmwares like game demos and PS1 games

3# This question is just plain stupid

But Iīll try to clarify some things for you
The only versions that support running unsigned code (HOMEBREW) are the FW1.00, FW1.50, and all SE and OE firmwares

FW3.40-OE (not the official update from SCEA), is a custom firmware made by Dark Alex, so you can enjoy all Homebrew in sonyīs latest firmware (so I fail to see the point in downgrading)

If you do not have 3.40-OE, IE just plain 3.40, you cannot run any of this, and youīll have to wait until a downgrader comes out (when is it gonna come out? no one nows)

Hope this helps

P.S. FOR GODīS SAKE READ THE F****NG README FILES

also you can SEARCH for the above mentioned emulators in here:

www.psp-hacks.com
psp-news.dcemu.co.uk
pspupdates.qj.net
noobz.eu

as for the roms, donīt even dare to think on asking where to download them, since itīs copyrighted material, so thatīs YOUR problem

grantlionheart
April 30th, 2007, 05:19
I understand now thanks alot you two as for question 3 yeah it makes no sense considering i now know u can run all the crap on 3.40oe

i couldnt care less about themes tho aslong as it runs my stuff lol.

Thanks for the file too im not sure if the one i got from sourceforge was the right one because it didnt seem to work

thanks both of you

I added a new question look at first post

grantlionheart
May 1st, 2007, 04:38
sorry sorry sorry but i need to bumb this up to the top so people will actually look PLEASE FORGIVE THE DOUBLE POST. (why doesnt this site have a Delete post feature...)

Napalm-Death
May 1st, 2007, 21:43
sorry sorry sorry but i need to bumb this up to the top so people will actually look PLEASE FORGIVE THE DOUBLE POST. (why doesnt this site have a Delete post feature...)
Just click the edit button, go advanced, there's a box for post deletion. ;)

Hyper-Beaner
May 2nd, 2007, 02:25
Is there a way to unbrick psps? My recovery menu will not work.

June 30th, 2007, 10:34
163_EBOOT_1.50.zip Does not works

June 30th, 2007, 10:35
TRy everything4psp.com

June 30th, 2007, 10:37
InFO:Download PSPBLENDER NOT dat program works on ToRrEnTz
:):):):):):):):):):):)

:):(

:@

parkermauney