PDA

View Full Version : Are All new psps downgradable for putting dark alexes custom firmware?

skulkk
April 30th, 2007, 12:03
With all the different boards floating about, i'm not sure if it's safe to go and buy a psp that will be downgradable from a highstreet shop.

Over the last year i've seen a few of the previously un-downgradable boards conquered with new downgraders, but still not sure if all boards are downgradable.

Are All new psps downgradable for putting dark alexes custom firmware?
If all are not, where is the best place to get a psp that is at 1.5 firmware (or iust guarenteed to be open to custom firmware) in the uk.

Thanks in advance for any pointers as i've searched, and found a few individual boards cleared, but still not sure if i've found advice on all the boards.

parkermauney
April 30th, 2007, 12:07
Don't worry about motherboards as of now. They can pose problems up to about 2.71, then it doesn't matter. I got a 1.50 off ebay a week ago. :D

skulkk
April 30th, 2007, 12:15
So if i get a psp in a highstreet store tomorrow, it should be over 2.71, and downgradable, or is it still wise to get a 1.5 firmware psp, would rather not use ebay, are there any other sites that sell 1.5 firmware psps in the uk?

iniquitous_beast
April 30th, 2007, 14:16
The motherboards should be alright, but if you buy a psp, make sure that it has firmware 3.03 or lower. You can't downgrade anything higher than a 3.03 at the moment.

Axelius
April 30th, 2007, 18:23
somewhere i read that the letter on the box tells you which firmware is installed on the psp... Unfortunately I forgot where i the list was posted...

EDIT: I found a list here: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews/Specific.aspx?ArticleId=19409

alexbragg
April 30th, 2007, 20:30
It all depends what firmware you get the psp on. If it is 3.03 then you can easily downgrade no matter what motherboard with the "n00bz 3.03 dowgrader" then simply follow instructions to upgade to the firmware of you choice!

Good Luck!

potatoman
April 30th, 2007, 20:38
L means 2.80, i know cause mine had it and it was 2.80. best bet is probably ebay or play asia, those are the only ones i know of now that lik sang is shut.