PDA

View Full Version : Pez Test Release

wraggster
December 18th, 2004, 17:47
Another Fenix test release

A game in which you are a small fish and have to eat smaller fishes, but don't get eaten by bigger fishes.

author detx

download at http://fenix.dcemu.co.uk/fenix/pez.rar

Htbaa
December 20th, 2004, 15:20
Same concept as Fish Dish that's on the fenix pack?

Atari
December 20th, 2004, 20:47
Yeah... it's similar to Fish Dish. I've only played the DIV version, and I looked at the second one to convert to Fenix. But I've decided to stop converting games and start working on my own :)

Htbaa
December 21st, 2004, 12:19
Yeah I agree. The games are too small and not too interesting to burn to a cd. But your work is appriciated.

Atari
December 21st, 2004, 15:11
Converting the games was good for the experience of learning fenix. But for some odd reason, DIV games that SHOULD have worked under DIV wouldn't , or would compile fine and crash with errors. I had some games even work with Windows Fenix, but not boot on DC Fenix. So I decided to start work on my own game. It'll be an oldschool shooter in the vein of Threshold and Astro Blaster, so I don't know what kind of audience it'll have. But I'm mainly doing it for me anyway :)

Shapeshifters is a good little game. VERY addictive. It's too bad that the controls weren't a little better, but it's still fun and, at least *I* think, the best and most original converted game out of all of the recent ones. But what do I know? I'm an old guy who likes really old games :)

DCDayDreamer
December 21st, 2004, 18:06
But what do I know? I'm an old guy who likes really old games

Really?, if it's true, any chance of a 'Gunfight ' clone, you know, the old B/W one from way back (happy memories :))

Atari
December 21st, 2004, 19:09
Oh, you mean the TTL logic-based coinop arcade game (no CPU) that Taito designed and licensed to Midway, but then the 8080 microprocessor made it's appearance around that time (1975) and Dave Nutting, with Tom McHugh's help converted the game to run on the processor, making it the first coinop video game ever to use a CPU?

Never heard of it :)

But seriously.... hey, maybe... once I get my shooter done.